JOHNSON COUNTY AT ELIZABETHTON

GLee

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Horns will enter this game as heavy favorites. I watched them play Tennesse High this past Friday, and despite the loss they are a good, no a very good , team. It was only the second time in my life that I have seen them play, but they had more speed than the last. Their QB made some bad throws but he was under some big time pressure. The field looked like a mess and I think it slowed their tailback a bit. Elizabethton has some good things going. They have won a couple and I know they will battle for a play off spot. The Horns must regain their focus after a tough loss. Could be a good one..........

Johnson County 27

Elizabethton 18

Good luck to both

Cyclone defense must contain Atwood. They must tackle well. Offense must avoid turnovers. If the clones can do these things, they will have a good chance to win. Lose the turnover battle, and let Atwood get loose, then they lose.

Johnson County, perhaps for the first time in this rather short series, comes in a clear cut favorite. Will that serve to inspire Betsy or intimidate them??

GLee you need to weigh in on this.

Too early in the week for a prediction.

Cyclone defense must contain Atwood. They must tackle well. Offense must avoid turnovers. If the clones can do these things, they will have a good chance to win. Lose the turnover battle, and let Atwood get loose, then they lose.

Johnson County, perhaps for the first time in this rather short series, comes in a clear cut favorite. Will that serve to inspire Betsy or intimidate them??

GLee you need to weigh in on this.

Too early in the week for a prediction.

For now all I'll say is this.........the Longhorns were the favorite last year as well. What they do this year that they didn't do last year is put the ball in the air. As tough a matchup as the Cyclones have had in conference this year. The Cyclones seem to have a different swagger as well and more weapons late in the season. Not one dimensional anymore.

Up front Betsy was possibly the biggest team I've seen all year,they are just as big as North. I don't see how the line doesn't physically dominate everyone they play. With the exception of #72 for the longhorns,Betsy will have the size advantage up front.If they can control the clock and have no turnovers they can win. They will have to play very well though,I'm expecting Betsy to play more inspired,since a win gives them the playoffs where as Johnson County has 3rd locked up no matter what I think.

EHS-27

JoCo-20

If Betsy wins they're in the playoffs...as the 3 Seed! I hope the Cyclones are geared up to stop Prudhomme and Atwood, because if they cant, those two studs from Mtn City WILL beat them. But if Betsy can contain those two and put pressure on the QB in obvious passing downs, then they WILL win.

EHS - 20

JC - 14

I HATE TO SAY THIS BUT IT IS UP TO THE COACHES FOR BETSY IF THEY WANT TO WIN THIS GAME :thumb: IF THEY CANT GET THE KIDS INSPIRED WITH A GOOD GAME PLAN ALL WILL BE LOST!THIS MEANS 48 MINS OF HARD NOSE FOOTBALL,PLAY EVERY DOWN AND STAY FOCUSED ON THE TASK AT HAND! IF THEY STAY MOTIVATED AND DONT GET DOWN ON THEMSELVES AND STAY AWAY FROM STUPID PENALTY'S(#77) THEN THE GAMES IS THERE'S TO TAKE OTHERWISE ITS A BLOW OUT!!!!!!

EHS-----20

JC-------14

GO CYCLONES