Region 2 District 4 Favorite

BBallFan31

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is a hard district to pick a favorite. i think it could go to anyone. scott and kingston should figure into the mix with alot of players returning. then you have loudon and catholic with a couple of key losses but some talent returning. ac has looked really good. they probably are the early favorite.

• 2 weeks later...

this is a hard district to pick a favorite. i think it could go to anyone. scott and kingston should figure into the mix with alot of players returning. then you have loudon and catholic with a couple of key losses but some talent returning. ac has looked really good. they probably are the early favorite.

Catholic once again will surprise people this year. I saw them play this fall, and they play a great defensive game. I understand when football is over, they are going to have some incredible size as well.

I saw Catholic play in fall league as well and I think they will definitely be in the mix, if not the favorite in this district. They play great defense and are more athletic than you think. They are also a very smart team and well disciplined on offense.

I know they lost Matt Parton, but I think they will still be very good this year, based on what I saw at Karns.

i think it will be a really hard to pick a earily favorite because i think catholic,kingston,scott,ac,and loudon all have great chances of winning and being followed by cak and stone(i think they are in there this year).scott only lost one starter,catholic lost some key talent but i think they will still do good,loudon has some good talent returning,i havent heard anything about kingston but they are always a pretty good team, and ac looks very talented this year.i cant wait till the season starts.its been a long off season.

Edited by adidas23

i don't really know a lot about any of the teams, but as a kchs alum, i can tell you, up until pemberton arrived, basketball was about all we had. catholic has always fielded quality teams over the years, no matter what players they lost from the year before. there are a lot of guys who step up and take control, and if this year is like any of the past 10 or fifteen, there shouldn't be much of a dropoff.

I think you may be looking thru Blue and Gold colored glasses. You lost 3 huge players from one of the lower ranked teams in the district last year. Finishing 4th or better would be a big acheivement. Coach Darden does a great job but I don't think he has the horses that the others have. I think there are 4 teams that have a good shot at winning it all. Catholic has players that are ready to step up, it just depends on when they actually hit the bb court after football. We won the district in football and basketball but baseball didn't come close and will struggle again this year.

Edited by IrishBBall

• 4 weeks later...

After watching the first 2 Catholic games, have to say I am impressed.

The first game, KCHS did miss alot of shots. But after they stomped

CAK, I feel this is the first time in many years that Catholic is playing as

a true team. There is not ONE person who is doing all of the scoring.

Every player is contributing. Believe this is one of the best teams Catholic

has had in a very long time. Interested to hear the final score tonight between

Catholic and Loudon.