Region 2 District 4 Favorite

BBallFan31

Catholic has a solid team walden is the best player yes but u cant put him down he drills threes alot and most of the time when no one else can an i ate catholic more than anyone but u gotta give credit where credit is do he is a solid ball player they juss couldnt hang with the press of the skins an got out coached simple as that GO SKINS goin all the way to state

Skins all the way to state? please, I've watched all the teams in this district

and you might win one game in the region. Skins all the way to state, thats

coming from your heart not your head.............

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plain and simple Catholic is good enough and coached well enough to be anyone in this state. I respect the heck out of that staff they are as good as it gets. Ryan Walden can play but what impresses me is how athletic he is. He will be a college player and is a great kid.

Have you ever seen Walden actually play. Everyone was saying he is the next Conner and Prton. He cant be put in the same sentence with those guys. He is a pt guard who averages 2 assists and 6 tos a game and shoots 30 % and that on aprox 250 shots and plays no D. Catholic wins in spite of him.

For someone that plays no D he's one of the top-ranked players in Steals in the

PrepXtra along with being a good rebounder and has blocked several shots. You've obviously not seen Catholic play much this year. He usually guards the other teams best perimeter player. As ScottA11 (and he knows better than anyone) pointed out he's got many more assists than turnovers in spite of facing full court pressure on almost every possession with limited help handling the ball. Plus as a point guard you can't control what happens after you make the pass. I don't think he has had a game where he even had 6 TOs much less average that. The guys from Loudon and AC may not like him but they respect him. No one said he would be the next Connor or Parton but he does some things that they couldn't do as Juniors. Also the teams they played with/for were much more experienced and had played together since elementary school with tons of AAU thrown in. If you look at the numbers, only Walden, Smith and Crawford had ever played together and that was just for 1 year. I'd be hard pressed to say they win in spite of him. That's just laughable.

Right now Loudon puts the best 5 guys on the court in this district. Looking down the road this district will face tough matchups in AE, Fulton, Alcoa, Seymour etc. then throw a very good Pigeon Forge team into the mix and a state tourney appearance will be a hard-earned trip but as we proved as a district last year it can be done.

Edited by IrishBBall

Larry how soon you forget loudon is a good tournment team, the upset fulton last year so you might eat your words. RED--SKIN 08 who are you.

Signed the Best

REDSKIN--NATION

As I had said earlier, you might win one game, but no way a state title.

I can't see any team in this district that could pull that off. I hate to see everyone get their hopes up just to be disappointed.

I can't see any team in this district that could pull that off. I hate to see everyone get their hopes up just to be disappointed.

In being realistic, I agree. After 3 straight state tourney appearances I've seen what it takes to win it all. At best you hope for a draw that would have the 2 best teams facing each other in an opening round game (like Bolivar did last year) away from you in the bracket. Foul trouble or a key injury can play havok with any team at that point. The biggest problem this district has is lack of a "true" post player to compete at the state level. I don't think last year anyone would have thought that it wouldn't be AE and Fulton in the region finals. Loudon and AC have both made big strides since last year. Don't underestimate this district-I don't think we'll be intimidated. Huge advantage though with the Region at Fulton.

big game tonight between catholic and ac. i am sorry to say that i will not be able to attend because of the big bowling match tomorrow. i will be at family bowl perfecting my stroke into the wee hours of the morning. however, i will have my blackberry with me getting updates between frames. with a region tournament birth on the line, i expect d.wallace gymnasium to be electric. the maverick student section, all 10 of them, should be out in full force. i am not sure if the irish can handle the hostile environment that will be waiting for them. leonard's losers, in a close one: catholic.

regardless of who wins, watch out for the warriors in the tourney. johny d will have his boys fired upand ready to go! go warriors!

Edited by jimmy dolan

all this talk about loudon does not really matter. loudon catholic and ac cant stay on the floor with either fulton or austin east. dont expect any upsets in the region tourney this year. it will be ae and fulton playing in the sub-state.

I believe I read the same sort of comments as we began tounament time last year. That, my friend, is why they play the game.

I have to agree with Mr. Legend. While there are some talented teams in this district I have seen none this year that has what it takes to make it to Murfreesboro. It's nice to dream, but unfortunately I'd say the closest any team in this district is going to make it to the hardwood at Murphy Center this year is the first row of bleachers.

I believe I read the same sort of comments as we began tounament time last year. That, my friend, is why they play the game.

You really want to tell me that Loudon or Catholic can even stay on the floor with Fulton? Watch Fulton play then tell me that any of the teams from this district have a chance with them or Austin East.