Farragut vs. Oak Ridge

ihavenofriendzz

They play their 3rd string QB in the Ooltewah game after they took their 2nd string QB out after the 1st quarter.

Yet another BRILLIANT move by our Head Coach. Take out the quarterback that led you to your only touchdown and not play him the rest of the game.

Oh, did I mention the coach said on his post game show that "He was disappointed in the Oak Ridge Fans". Well, I have to say we are disappointed in you too.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They play their 3rd string QB in the Ooltewah game after they took their 2nd string QB out after the 1st quarter.

which was stupid! leaving 3rd string in rest of game. bring back the 2nd & let him try when 3rd obviously wasn't getting the job done.

Yet another BRILLIANT move by our Head Coach. Take out the quarterback that led you to your only touchdown and not play him the rest of the game.

Oh, did I mention the coach said on his post game show that "He was disappointed in the Oak Ridge Fans". Well, I have to say we are disappointed in you too.

here's a promise....die hard Oak Ridge fans will still be here when he's long gone. then he can talk about disapointment.

Big Cat Ridger, I don't remember going to a game that didn't have playoff implications. Even in '01 when we missed out, if we won, we were in. This will be strange. I said last week, we will see who the true Cat fans are at Farragut. This one is for pride and we wouldn't miss it for the anything.

BTW, what was the context of Stanton's comment about being disappointed in the Oak Ridge fans. Was he talking about the wolves that are howling or was he talking about the crowd being smaller, or what?

I hear that the 3rd string kids Daddy came to practice last week and went off on Stanton about his kid not playing 2nd string and Stanton caved and played that kid even though it meant losing the game. I wasn't there but this is what I am hearing.

Ole Dad

Maybe he is disappointed in the fact that he hasn't been run off yet.

I hear that the 3rd string kids Daddy came to practice last week and went off on Stanton about his kid not playing 2nd string and Stanton caved and played that kid even though it meant losing the game. I wasn't there but this is what I am hearing.

Ole Dad

Maybe he is disappointed in the fact that he hasn't been run off yet.

Good, I hope he coaches just like that this week, although I don't think it will matter which QB he plays !!!

I've heard that same bunch of bull for 30 years, including twice last year. But, even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then, so keep hoping.

Ole Dad

That may be true in most years, but not this one !!! However, if you keep on telling yourself that, you just may start believing it. Until Friday night that is .....

I've heard that same bunch of bull for 30 years, including twice last year. But, even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then, so keep hoping.

Ole Dad

Well Ole Dad,

I'll be the first one to admit that Farragut beating Oak Ridge hasn't happened very often but it HAS happened before. I know because I was a starter on the Farragut state semi final team of 1981 that beat Oak Ridge 35-7 and stopped their 29 game winning streak. Therefore since it HAS happened before, I am convinced that it will happen AGAIN, and very likely that time will come this Friday night !!!

Admirals 21 Mildcats (at least this year) 7

Oh, you mean the year that Bill Young arrived as head coach? I guess you guys were the happiest people around that Emory Hale left OR. "Finally, a chance to beat OR with a new coaching staff." I can hear it now.

Ole Dad

Well Ole Dad,

I'll be the first one to admit that Farragut beating Oak Ridge hasn't happened very often but it HAS happened before. I know because I was a starter on the Farragut state semi final team of 1981 that beat Oak Ridge 35-7 and stopped their 29 game winning streak. Therefore since it HAS happened before, I am convinced that it will happen AGAIN, and very likely that time will come this Friday night !!!

Admirals 21 Mildcats (at least this year) 7

Oh, you mean the year that Bill Young arrived as head coach? I guess you guys were the happiest people around that Emory Hale left OR. "Finally, a chance to beat OR with a new coaching staff." I can hear it now.

Ole Dad

That's alright. You guys were still undefeated that year going into the 7th game of the season, with a 29 game winning streak on the line and coming off of 2 state championships in a row. Your fans were cocky as all get out (some things never change) and you took a huge beat down. Afterward, many of your players and fans were crying like babies. By the way, Farragut was able to beat the great Emory Hale as well. I remember very well the 17-14 victory in '78 over Hale at Blankenship. It was after Dan Bland left as coach at Farragut (with Joe Gaddis as Offensive Coordinator) that Farragut totally lost its ability to compete with Oak Ridge, prior to '86 we held our own pretty well. Since '86 however, I'll admit it's been all Oak Ridge.