Powell @ Clinton

coonhunter291

I'm kinda confused too with all of these Clinton fans guaranteeing a Dragon victory. I think I've heard that from a few of you in some previous games this year (cough, SD, AC, cough cough, Halls, cough cough). The funny thing is that after you insert your foot in your mouth after a loss like that, you guys won't show up on here for almost a week, until it's time for the next game on Friday. If Cruze doesn't play, this game could go either way. If he plays hurt, he won't be effective at all, and it's a toss up. If he's healthy, Powell should win by 2 touchdowns. Still, there is no reason to pick Clinton in this game, unless you believe that the injuries at Powell are piling up, and the Panthers are going to be resting a lot of starters for next week's game against Red Bank.

I haven't seen Clinton fans run from any posting because of a loss. This game will be no different than any other if Clinton did win it will be because of the Powell injuries and they are saving themselves for the game against Red Bank. People on the outside of the Clinton program find it so difficult to give the kids any thumbs up for the improvements that have been made (and there has been many). Powell may very well come out the winners on Friday night but the Dragons WILL let the Pathers know that they have been there. Either way I support the Dragons and cheer them on Friday.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm kinda confused too with all of these Clinton fans guaranteeing a Dragon victory. I think I've heard that from a few of you in some previous games this year (cough, SD, AC, cough cough, Halls, cough cough). The funny thing is that after you insert your foot in your mouth after a loss like that, you guys won't show up on here for almost a week, until it's time for the next game on Friday. If Cruze doesn't play, this game could go either way. If he plays hurt, he won't be effective at all, and it's a toss up. If he's healthy, Powell should win by 2 touchdowns. Still, there is no reason to pick Clinton in this game, unless you believe that the injuries at Powell are piling up, and the Panthers are going to be resting a lot of starters for next week's game against Red Bank.

I have read these posting and have just about read all I can without speaking out, so here goes. In Clinton and Powells region you dont have to do alot to get in the playoffs. So to say Powell is resting there "studs" is a joke! If Powell played and beat several quality teams to get in the playoffs it would be different. Clinton is on an up swing, and sure we have alot of work to do there isnt a question about that. I know one thing for sure, Clintons "D" will hold Powells offense to 14 points or less. Clinton new offense is questionable, but we have moved the ball at time. Expect Clinton to come out and be physical, and give Powell all they want, I am going to pick the Dragons by 7. Also look for Clintons undersized O-line to push those big 6'4 or 6'6 305 lbs guys around ALL night.

I have read these posting and have just about read all I can without speaking out, so here goes. In Clinton and Powells region you dont have to do alot to get in the playoffs. So to say Powell is resting there "studs" is a joke! If Powell played and beat several quality teams to get in the playoffs it would be different. Clinton is on an up swing, and sure we have alot of work to do there isnt a question about that. I know one thing for sure, Clintons "D" will hold Powells offense to 14 points or less. Clinton new offense is questionable, but we have moved the ball at time. Expect Clinton to come out and be physical, and give Powell all they want, I am going to pick the Dragons by 7. Also look for Clintons undersized O-line to push those big 6'4 or 6'6 305 lbs guys around ALL night.

Powell wont be resting anyone in this game. Theres really no need to put in the second team when your ones still need improvement if they want to beat Reb Bank. And dont think just because you talk your team up to what you want them to be that they will come through and beat a play-off team. Rain or not Powell's 1st D will keep Clinton under 10. Plus I think Powell's O will play pretty well and confuse Clinton's D with the option and misdirection plays. Powell wins this one and gets some confidence going to Red Bank.

Powell wont be resting anyone in this game. Theres really no need to put in the second team when your ones still need improvement if they want to beat Reb Bank. And dont think just because you talk your team up to what you want them to be that they will come through and beat a play-off team. Rain or not Powell's 1st D will keep Clinton under 10. Plus I think Powell's O will play pretty well and confuse Clinton's D with the option and misdirection plays. Powell wins this one and gets some confidence going to Red Bank.

If Powell could beat quality teams they would not need confidence going into Red Bank, and If I am not mistaken Red Banks coach is the same coach that made Loudon a powerhouse. If you are looking passed Clinton to be able to beat Red Bank I cant wait to see some of the postings after that game, Red Bank will not only win but win BIG! Trust me when I say win or lose Clinton will come out and give Powell all they want, expect a VERY physical game. We may have lost to Central, but they scored "1" offensive touchdown only, we may not put up big numbers on the score board, but on defense we will smack you in the mouth. A I said earlier, Powell will be held to 14 or less. The defense and special teams from Powell definatly will not win the game for you.

If Powell could beat quality teams they would not need confidence going into Red Bank, and If I am not mistaken Red Banks coach is the same coach that made Loudon a powerhouse. If you are looking passed Clinton to be able to beat Red Bank I cant wait to see some of the postings after that game, Red Bank will not only win but win BIG! Trust me when I say win or lose Clinton will come out and give Powell all they want, expect a VERY physical game. We may have lost to Central, but they scored "1" offensive touchdown only, we may not put up big numbers on the score board, but on defense we will smack you in the mouth. A I said earlier, Powell will be held to 14 or less. The defense and special teams from Powell definatly will not win the game for you.

They D will help them win by shutting down Clinton and holding them to few points. Clinton will also have a hard time stopping Cruze. And yes, Cruze will be playing, he didnt injure his hand as much as everyone thought he did

There is no doubt that Red Bank will clean Powell's clock next week. However, I still don't see any reason to pick Clinton in this game. Sure, the only 'real' team that Powell defeated this year was Farragut. Let's look at the flipside. You beat Campbell County (gasp) and Lenoir City (region 3's new redheaded stepchild). I think it's great to support your team, and I totally understand where you are coming from. Clinton definitely has a good chance in this game, but there is no good reason to pick them in this game. The best team they have beaten all year is LC/CC (take your pick), so I guess I'm still confused. I will admit, I won't be at all surprised if Clinton wins this game, but it would still be unexpected.

There is no doubt that Red Bank will clean Powell's clock next week. However, I still don't see any reason to pick Clinton in this game. Sure, the only 'real' team that Powell defeated this year was Farragut. Let's look at the flipside. You beat Campbell County (gasp) and Lenoir City (region 3's new redheaded stepchild). I think it's great to support your team, and I totally understand where you are coming from. Clinton definitely has a good chance in this game, but there is no good reason to pick them in this game. The best team they have beaten all year is LC/CC (take your pick), so I guess I'm still confused. I will admit, I won't be at all surprised if Clinton wins this game, but it would still be unexpected.

If Powell gets beat by Red Bank then it wont be by much because we know how good the 3-4A teams are and have been. I dont think 2 teams out of region 4-4A could make it to the play-offs if they were in 3-4A. If you dont believe me then take Carter for example. They were in 3-4A and got killed by the play-off teams. Now they are in a weaker 3A region and theyre dominating.

If Powell gets beat by Red Bank then it wont be by much because we know how good the 3-4A teams are and have been. I dont think 2 teams out of region 4-4A could make it to the play-offs if they were in 3-4A. If you dont believe me then take Carter for example. They were in 3-4A and got killed by the play-off teams. Now they are in a weaker 3A region and theyre dominating.

Good point, however, Red Bank is the real deal this year. They are by far the best team in that region, ahead of a pretty overrated Cleveland team and Rhea Co.