Franklin Run to State Championship

Frankin Generals

No disrespect towards DC was intended. I just thought Franklin would win by a bit more. But if what I read and heard was correct, DC could have won in regulation with a chip shot FG. So in my mind the teams are even, but history will show FHS won.

And this brings up another thought:

How crappy is our OT rules. I mean you make a team earn their points for 48 minutes, and then you start out in FG range with three (or Four) chances at a TD?

Our OT rules are horrible. At least college puts it on the 25 and makes the offense move the ball a little.

I mean did Franklin even have the ball in the Red Zone during regulation? If not then why does DCs defense get punished in OT for playing a great game in regulation? Or vice versa? You should have to earn your points.

Good luck to both schools. We have a lot of respect for both.

The furthest Franklin got all night was the 30 when they completed a few outs to Camphell right before halftime against a prevent D to get in field-goal position. DC won the offensive game, and the defensive game IMO. But Franklin had a big advantage in special teams all night. Franklin got a piece of one of DC's punt, downed two punts inside the ten, including one at the 2, and of course the field goals. Franklin is a great team and could make a run at state. But if you can mention them in the "contenders" category than I think DC and Ravenwood should be in there too.

I do agree, i think OT should be moved back to the 25 or atleast the 20.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

donathan - you seem to have this bug up your....when it comes to Franklin. Looking at your past couple posts on a couple different threads - you reference Franklin in negative light.

Be proud of your victory over the soon to be crowned Region Chanmps - it was the only quality win of the Indy season.

Other than that you beat a 3A 3 - 6 team, a 4A 0 - 9 team, and a 5A 1-8 team. When it comes to the true contenders in the region you came up short 1 and 3.

Take your moral victory lap, and get over it. The boys from Franklin have as much heart and determination as the boys from Indy. They will put up as big a fight and do what it takes to keep playing - at this time of year they know what it takes. Since the 2002 season this program has reached the Qtr final, Semi Final, and Championship Game. These Senior's were Soph's in that Championship game and got a taste of what it's like - and they liked it!

Don't be too quick to hate on the Rebels - after all if they do go all the way, you can brag about how you were the only team to beat the State Champs!

If I were a betting man, I'd say they run into Gallatin in Round 3 and it would definitely be a knock-out, drag- out fight.

If they don't meet Gallatin I'd say they'll meet either DC or Ravenwood, because region 6 should be able to beat region 5 minus Gallatin.

Don't know which one it'll be but there will be a region 6 team in the semis. They'll have to go to memphis and probably play Ridgeway who'll be looking for revenge for the drubbing they took from Ravenwood in the semis last year. :lol:

The only way franklin makes it to the championship game is through their defense and special teams. That is the only way. Their defense has carried them all season, and will continue to do so until the face a team that has an offense that is very fundamentally sound in every aspect of offense, from blocking, taking care of the ball, running, passing and play calling . Now, if their offense (franklin) can put up 21 to 24 points, I don't see any team beating them.

I highly doubt Franklin is going to state.

Ravenwood is the best team I've seen all season. They're going to be major underdogs against Gallatin. The defense is absolutely nasty and incredibly gutsy, the offense is very efficient and Becker is like a mini TC Jennings. Throw in the fact that a lot of these guys have something that very few players in this postseason can claim--a nice diamond ring...watch out for the Raptors, they're getting hot at the right time.

Franklin isn't bad. They've got a great defense but they will not be able to put up points. They have athletes on offense, but not the horses that they can ride to the promised land. Mikrut was actually a very underrated QB. I just don't see Franklin making it that far...but the way it sets up, I'm pretty sure a team from region 6 will be at least in the quarterfinals if not the semis. Points scored is a very misleading stat, especially when you're in a region with Columbia, Clarksville NE, and Centennial (I know you guys haven't played them yet).

Mikrut was very good and should be getting better in college.

Franklin Offense is going to step up and make it happen.

Saving the best for last.

Actually Franklin just needs a QB to be about complete. If they had a good QB they would have a very good shot a State.

From what I've heard from Franklin fans, Sellers is a pretty good QB, but doesn't have that great of an arm. He's more of a Michael Vick typed guy if you know what I'm saying. A couple of fans would've prefered to put Nichols (any relation to Ryan?) at QB and let Sellers be a Reciever or a Defensive back. Also heard that they have a Junior with a pretty good arm that was benched earlier in the year.