Battle of the state at lipscomb allen area

timbdp

Just a few thoughts from my two nights at Lipscomb University....

I hope this tourney continues....The Nashville media needs to get on board and let some folks know what's going on....The crowds were very small...The arena is very nice,thought the purple seats were a nice touch...Kind of made UC folks feel at home...

I got to see every team play..I thought Pioneer Christian,player for player,was the most athletic....Got to wonder why they were playing in the last place game....Haywood County playing in that game was surprising to....They should not have gotten beat by White House...I was wondering where Comage for Haywood was??..Ensworth doesn't use their talent..They play the little guys too much....People who were at the tourney or have seen them play elsewhere know what I mean.....Sycamore is a typical public school,nothing spectacular..They do have a real good player in Pierre Mitchell.....White House,for being a sub-state team with players returning,didn't impress me at all...The big guys I kept hearing about were adequate at best...The big kid is way out of shape...I've never in my life seen a kid play like he did....It's really almost comical,you would have to have been there to know what I mean,maybe he was sick....David Lipscomb is a pretty fundamental team...Nothing really stood out with them...Brentwood Acd was the second most athletic team behind Pioneer...I know they had some guys out,but they have some good players on the bench,and I'm pretty sure they used them all in the Union City game,they had to,they couldn't have beaten Union City playing 6 or 7 guys...I also noticed there was another player with the Brentwood team that was on crutches and wearing a walking boot...I don't know if he was a basketball player or not..That would have been three guys out for the Lipscomb game....Union City,I thought,represented themselves very well...They could have beaten Ensworth by 12-14 points or more had they hit their free throws...Free throws were a recurring theme in this tourney..It is something they have to get better at...Some folks want to talk about Brentwood Acd being a private school and recruiting players or whatever...I only look at them as what they have done..They are the four time Div.II defending state champion...They are a winning program with alot of tradition...They are very good...I don't imagine there are many 1A teams in the state that could play them to a two-point game....Union City pushed that team to the wire..The Eagles knew they were in a game,that is for sure...Going into the game I was hoping UC would make a good showing of themselves..Coming out of the game,it's frustrating,because something as simple and basic as free throws cost them the game....Brentwood wasn't immune either...They missed 5 of 6 free throws late in the game..I think they were 14-25 for the game..So,they hit as many free throws as Union City attempted....I think UC can hold their heads up high..I think they found out some things about themselves in that BA game...I thought they showed alot of heart coming out less than 18 hours later and putting up 102 points on White House..This tourney and the one in Poplar Bluff next weekend is going to help this Union City team out a huge amount come tournament time...

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do anybody have updates on the Haywood/PioneerChristian and Ensworth/Sycamore games.I was just looking at Oak Hills schedule and seen were Pioneer Christian is playn Oak Hill in Jan.Im not sure that Pioneer Christian should be playn an Oak Hill and finishing 7th or 8th in this tournament.Great tournament and hope to make the trip back next year.

Pioneer Christian beat Haywood by two..Haywood missed a three at the buzzer that could have won the game....Sycamore beat Ensworth by one point...The Jefferson kid for Ensworth missed about a 10 footer at the buzzer that would won the game for them....

Pioneer Christian beat Haywood by two..Haywood missed a three at the buzzer that could have won the game....Sycamore beat Ensworth by one point...The Jefferson kid for Ensworth missed about a 10 footer at the buzzer that would won the game for them....

The Haywood team was playing without their 2nd leading scorer in Shavion Commage.When i was at the game last nite,i looked at the stat sheets and didnt see his name on any of them.That is the reason that Haywood lost all 3 of their games.I was looking for u at the game last nite and was wondering were u was sitting at?

The Haywood team was playing without their 2nd leading scorer in Shavion Commage.When i was at the game last nite,i looked at the stat sheets and didnt see his name on any of them.That is the reason that Haywood lost all 3 of their games.I was looking for u at the game last nite and was wondering were u was sitting at?

Behind the Union City bench..Both games...

I noticed Comage wasn't playing...He hit 5 or 6 threes when they played UC earlier in the year..

Behind the Union City bench..Both games...

I noticed Comage wasn't playing...He hit 5 or 6 threes when they played UC earlier in the year..

I was sitting on that side at the very top.I happened to ask a guy if he was you.The guy i asked came down there behind the bench with 2 other guys and he said that he lived in the Nashville area but is from Obion Co and his name was Switch Hitter.Also how did Lovan Mosley play today?I read were he sprained his ankle in practice Wed and u could tell that he was favoring it.

I know that many folks who watched all the games are really suprised that Lipscomb won this tournament. Lipscomb did not play well at all in the first two games with Sycamore and White House, but still managed to win both games. The game with BA was a very good defensive effort, more like I am used to seeing with this Lipscomb team. When they are playing up to their full potential, they are capable of beating anyone. Hopefully, they can achieve a liitle more consistency as region play gets into full swing.

Also seen were David Lipscomb and White House are predicted to go to state.David Lipscomb is a very good fundamental team and White House just didnt show me anything.These teams dont have a chance in double A when the state tournament roll around.These teams cant stay on the floor with Liberty,Bolivar,So Side,Dyer Co,Mitchell,BTW or any of the teams in west Tn in double A that make it to the state tournament.

I was sitting on that side at the very top.I happened to ask a guy if he was you.The guy i asked came down there behind the bench with 2 other guys and he said that he lived in the Nashville area but is from Obion Co and his name was Switch Hitter.Also how did Lovan Mosley play today?I read were he sprained his ankle in practice Wed and u could tell that he was favoring it.

Lovan played today and last nite..He played 4 mins against Ensworth and 7 mins against BA....He didn't look hurt to me...He got his first points today on a three...He'll be a good addition,he's rusty right now..I don't know how many minutes he got today....Andre Coby not being in there is hurting the post rotation..UC needs to get him back...MJ had a heckuva game today with 31 points..I think Tony Wilkins had 27 against Ensworth..UC had at least four in double figures today...

slater got mvp and they did have all tournament team they were

cecil colemen from pioneer

taverres jefferson from ensworth

murray harris from sycamore

brandon brown from ba

somebody from ba

celeb clayton from lipscomb

somebody from lipscomb

i think it was mj brown from union city

Edited by timbdp

slater got mvp and they did have all tournament team they were

cecil colemen from pioneer

taverres jefferson from ensworth

murray harris from sycamore

brandon brown from ba

somebody from ba

celeb clayton from lipscomb

somebody from lipscomb

i think it was mj brown from union city

What about the Mitchell kid from Sycamore,Wilkins and Allen from UC??