• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

War Eagles Dec 7 2006 - 01:35 PM Post #63

Medalist

Group: Guests

Member No.: 66,509

Gaines is not that great of a post player. I know he's 6'8, but he's not that great. All White House has is 2 or 3 pretty good guards and thats it.

- You're right, he only had 21 and 8 vs. Haywood.he ain't that great huh? B)

treefitty74 Dec 14 2006 - 04:26 PM Post #93

Medalist

Group: CoachT+

Member No.: 68,361

QUOTE(BenStiller23 @ Dec 14 2006 - 03:23 PM)

white house vs. B.A. in the title game

Haywood vs Brentwood in the Title game.....White House will not beat Haywood...

-- NICE ONE!! B)B)

backinthaoc Dec 17 2006 - 08:55 AM Post #117

Record Holder

Member No.: 49,348

QUOTE(BenStiller23 @ Dec 17 2006 - 02:36 AM)

i know about ricky taylor, but i'm wonderin about their posts, what are some sizes of their posts, i heard their tallest guy was 6'5"

I don't understand your preoccupation with height,but here is some info on Haywood Co....

They have three returning starters from a 30-5 team that lost in the first round of the state tournament last year...Ricky Taylor(6'3")G...Kenneth Greer(5'7")G....Harrison Greer(6'5")F.....They lost Jarvis Varnardo(6'9") who signed with Miss.State and Lee Liggon....This year they have a three-point sharp-shooter named Shaveon Comage(5'11")SR,he lit up Union City from the three point line and scored 20 points against the Tornadoes....They have other players with a little height,Dreakus Cole(6'2") and Brooks Russell(6'2")..Ricky Taylor is their leader and was the leading scorer in the Haywood-Union City game with 34 points....They are very quick and they are good shooters....They are coached by Winston Varnardo,who is in his second year at the school...

NOW do you understand? gaines had 21 and 8 andgarrett wood had 10 pts. 15 rebs. , that's why B)

--------------------

Svebakken Yesterday, 10:45 AM Post #160

Trainer

Member No.: 57,782

Hey Mr.Stiller, I haven't seen your prediction for the White House game today. I remember reading you boast a little over how accurate your predictions were on a few other games. No one has scored 60 yet on White House. Do you think they will hold Haywood to 40-50 points as they have done to most of their competition they have had thus far?

i believe haywood had 49, a season low, well what do you know? right again

NWTennSports Today, 12:32 AM Post #216

Challenger

Member No.: 53,335

I read some of LARRY's comments with disgust.

Why do you wanna hate? It's pretty pathetic to want a bunch of 15- 16- and 17-year-old kids to get "drilled" and a "whooping"

Union City fans are only expressing their pride in a program that won a state championship last year and 4 since 1990. And, undefeated through 12 games is saying something, I don't care who you are. ... UC fans are also sticking up for the western end of the state against the obvious middle and east section bias on these boards.

Speaking of bias, since Union City is essentially an all-black team, I'm gonna take some of your comments as racist.

Here's a thought: Go to the games, enjoy the competition and check your hate at the door!

Maybe UC will get beaten, maybe not. ... Whatever the outcome, I just hope it's a good game, a competitive game, and a FAIR game.

i have no idea what this man is talkin about, but i think he's mad because haywood got whipped and union city will get merked vs. B.A. just my guess :lol:

NWTennSports Today, 12:32 AM Post #216

Challenger

Member No.: 53,335

I read some of LARRY's comments with disgust.

Why do you wanna hate? It's pretty pathetic to want a bunch of 15- 16- and 17-year-old kids to get "drilled" and a "whooping"

Union City fans are only expressing their pride in a program that won a state championship last year and 4 since 1990. And, undefeated through 12 games is saying something, I don't care who you are. ... UC fans are also sticking up for the western end of the state against the obvious middle and east section bias on these boards.

Speaking of bias, since Union City is essentially an all-black team, I'm gonna take some of your comments as racist.

Here's a thought: Go to the games, enjoy the competition and check your hate at the door!

Maybe UC will get beaten, maybe not. ... Whatever the outcome, I just hope it's a good game, a competitive game, and a FAIR game.

i have no idea what this man is talkin about, but i think he's mad because haywood got whipped and union city will get merked vs. B.A. just my guess :lol:

You can tell the kids posts from the adult posts can't you....

As far as size..I still don't see your preoccupation...Maybe it's because I see Union City come up with game plans time after time to beat size...

Good opportunity for Union City today against Brentwood Acd....Nobody will be expecting them to win..BA has all the weapons and four straight Div.II state championships..Will be a great match-up of tradition-rich programs..Union City will have no pressure on them to win...Should be a fun game to watch....

Oh and congrats on White House's win....I'm pulling for the Blue Devils...I would love to see Union City play White House Saturday for the championship

Does anyone know if Bill Kottas will play for BA tonight? Sure hope this injury bug that seems to be biting the Eagles is short-lived!

I don't know why he didn't play the second half and don't know if he'll play tonight, but I don't think he was injured during the first half. I got the impression that he sat the second half but could have played . . . they were up by 20+ at half. I wonder if he was feeling under the weather or is he nursing something from the Geils Co. game? He played well in the 1st half last night . . .

Does anyone know if Bill Kottas will play for BA tonight? Sure hope this injury bug that seems to be biting the Eagles is short-lived!

I understood many of the players were talking about being a little drained after that tough Giles Co. game. Some of them them were a little worried about how they would do last night. It could have something to do with rest. That is just a guess.