Best region in the state

coachmws

The best region in the state BY FAR is region 2 AAA. They have 3 teams who have recently won state championships. Last yrs. state champ came out of this region with a 5-5 record and #4 seed. That same team this yr. has a record of 1-8.

This year that region may have 2 top 5 teams in the state, but the region as a whole is not as strong as usual. This year I do not think that is the toughest region. Most years it is, but after Knox Catholic and Fulton, there is a big drop off to AE, and then another big drop off. Would not be suprised if the State Champion came out of that region again, but as far as best overall region, don't think so this year.

Region 2-3A - Catholic's and Fulton's success has been well-documented this year. Austin-East has also improved tremendously over the season and I think will cause Catholic fits in the 2nd round.

Region 7-3A - Crockett Co, Covington, and Dyersburg are all very good, and I think the region as a whole has lost 4 out of region games. Overall, it may be the strongest in classes 1A-3A.

Region 7-2A - Just the history and tradition of the teams in this region should be enough. Milan, Huntingdon, Humboldt, Westview, Humboldt, Peabody, USJ, and Dresden have ALL been a legitimate program at some time, and most have been better than average recently. If you survive this region and get in the playoffs, you deserve to be proud.

Region 2-3A - Catholic's and Fulton's success has been well-documented this year. Austin-East has also improved tremendously over the season and I think will cause Catholic fits in the 2nd round.

Region 7-3A - Crockett Co, Covington, and Dyersburg are all very good, and I think the region as a whole has lost 4 out of region games. Overall, it may be the strongest in classes 1A-3A.

Region 7-2A - Just the history and tradition of the teams in this region should be enough. Milan, Huntingdon, Humboldt, Westview, Humboldt, Peabody, USJ, and Dresden have ALL been a legitimate program at some time, and most have been better than average recently. If you survive this region and get in the playoffs, you deserve to be proud.

Good calls on all! :lol:

4-3A is one of the best regions in the state. :huh:

I'll give a nod to Region 4-3A as well. It's the most competitve region in the state from top to bottom period.

Station Camp: a 9-0 football team with what's likely going to be a Mr. Football Finalist in the backfield in Randall Toney.

Pearl-Cohn: a 6-3 football team that's a previous two-time state championship team and they have the players to do it this year.

White House: a 5-4 football team that if they get in will be dangerous just like they were last year as a lower seed & you can't forget that they're a previous state championship program with a great coaching staff.

Sycamore: a 7-3 football team that could very easily be sitting at 9-1 and have won a region title had they not blown late leads against both Station Camp & Pearl-Cohn.

Macon Co.: a team that will end the season at 5-5, could get in if WH slips up against Greenbrier, and with one of the more explosive passing attacks in the entire state led of course by senior quarterback Keith Kirby.

I'll agree with Solomon on his Region 2-3A prediction. Knoxville Catholic and Knoxville Fulton are the two best teams in Class 3A right now and they are in the same region. Austin East is a team with several tough close defeats but once the playoffs roll around they could be last year's version of Livingston Academy. Kingston will likely wind up as the #4 seed from this region and they could be the team to knock out a 9-1 Carter team early in the playoffs this year.

Region 7-3A has two great football teams in Crockett Co. & Dyersburg. Both of these teams have what it takes to represent west-TN in Murfreesboro on the first Saturday afternoon in December. Covington is a good football team that beats Region 8-3A's #2 seed in the opening round of the playoffs but after that I don't like their chances against a Crockett team that they knocked out in last year's quarterfinals. I don't like the #4 seed's chances from this region at all against Sheffield, a second round playoff team from last year, who will be the champions from Region 8-3A.