Antoine Wiggins or Omar Wattad

Snowman16

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the answer is pretty obvious. Even though the talk on here has been going back and forth over this subject for over a year, Wattad has the D-1 letter of intent, not Wiggins. Wiggins is suppose to be getting all of the looks but Wattad has the paper from a Basketball Historical Power. I do however disagree that Wiggins is a 3 and wattad a 2. Realistically comparing builds and quickness it is probably vice versa.

Before Wiggins got hurt this summer he was the only area player to be listed on the Rivals150. Wiggins is also still ranked higher than Omar on there too. Wiggins is a 3 star while Omar is a 2 star. Doesn't look too obvious to me.

Heck I would take either one of them and be pretty happy about it. I watched Wiggins every game last year and he can play. I watched Wattad play a few times a year and he is impressive as well to say the least. When you beat Science Hill you have got to either slow Wattad down or let him score and try to keep the others from scoring. Last year it was kind of the same thing with Wiggins either try and stop him or try to keep the others from beating you. I dont think Wiggins will have quite the supporting cast that he had last year but I sure look forward to watching him play again. Good luck to Omar when he goes to Gtown, it would be nice to see him do good up there. Even if he is from Science Hill he also represents East Tennessee and it would be good to see him be impressive there.

Before Wiggins got hurt this summer he was the only area player to be listed on the Rivals150. Wiggins is also still ranked higher than Omar on there too. Wiggins is a 3 star while Omar is a 2 star. Doesn't look too obvious to me.

They are both good. But if I had to choose (RIGHT NOW) I would go with Wattad. He has a more polished game offensively (better passer, ball-handler, and shooter).

Wiggins greatest assest is his length. It provides him with a hard-to-stop first step. After watching him this summer, against quicker defenders his ability to penetrate was diminished, and the rest of his offensive game was not polished enought to help without that first step.

If i was choosing on POTENTIAL I would go with Wiggins. He is 6-7, (wattad is about 6-5) he has the potential to put on weight, and could become a huge match up problem. I need another 3-6 months of watching Wiggins to see if he can improve the rest of his game

please Apparantly you did not watch many games. Forney was one of the biggest senior year chokes in SHHS histoy...if he would have played good in the tournament down the stretch Science Hill WOULD HAVE BEAT GREENVILLE. He scored a grand total of around 15to 20 points the whole post season... and science hill needed him as their other scorer not as a hustle player... down the stretch and against greenville... the defense shaded towards omar and shhs missed the shots..... i feel one thing that can be unquestioned is how hard wattad plays...maybe you watched the game they beat volunteer by 50...

ummmm how much more from Wattad do you want. The guy scored 26 points and Science Hill still didnt come close to Greeneville. And so you beat Volunteer by 50. Greenevilles freshman team could beat Volunteer hands down.

Both are phenominal players! I really don't see how you could pick one over the other. I played against their AAU team and I play high school with Cameron Sharp and he is one of my best friends so I heard about them through him. I think Wiggins might be a hair better offensively but Omar is better defensively. They are both incredible players!

Don't know who said that Omar pointed fingers or is a bad teammate because Cam has played with him for about 4 years or so and he never once said anything about him being a bad teammate. In fact Omar was prolly Cam's favorite teammate.

As Always...Go Big Red!

first of all, heat playa, how u gonna hate on someone on ur own team? if forney was so terrible, why is he playing ball in college? id take wiggins..when wattad and wiggins matched up in the season last year, who came out on top? omar is good..very good..but i like wiggins..omar likes to shoot..a lot, but if i was as good as him, id shoot a lot too

Wow! How did Volunteer come into a thread of comparing two individuals. It's just like some fans to bring an outside factor into an equation that cannot and will not be solved. These two fine young men are on the right path. That's all that should matter. And for the Hess haters.........if you had both Wattad and Wiggins, then brought in someone like Hess who does the dirty work that many will not do on a nightly basis, you will have a formidable team that only needs a shooting guard and true point guard.

For this season, why can't fans just enjoy these athletes that perform for you. They are all performers if you really look at it. You pay to see them play, and they perform the art of basketball for you that lasts about 1 1/2 hours.

BTW..... when you choose a team (Volunteer) to compare each with, do not try and bring a team that does not play at the level that yet. You are talking about a school with 1000 students compared to the DB's, Hills, and Greeneville that have 2500-3000 students. We (Volunteer) will at least play our butts off whatever the score is and will improve......ex (District Tourney vs. DB last year). Here's just a piece of advice for the upcoming season........ If you are at the top of the pile, cream of the crop, or best of the best, what good does it do to overly brag about someone you SHOULD have beaten anyway or put down a team or school for trying their best? :huh: GOD BLESS!!!!! :thumb:

Edited by Stokomo

Wow! How did Volunteer come into a thread of comparing two individuals. It's just like some fans to bring an outside factor into an equation that cannot and will not be solved. These two fine young men are on the right path. That's all that should matter. And for the Hess haters.........if you had both Wattad and Wiggins, then brought in someone like Hess who does the dirty work that many will not do on a nightly basis, you will have a formidable team that only needs a shooting guard and true point guard.

For this season, why can't fans just enjoy these athletes that perform for you. They are all performers if you really look at it. You pay to see them play, and they perform the art of basketball for you that lasts about 1 1/2 hours.

BTW..... when you choose a team (Volunteer) to compare each with, do not try and bring a team that does not play at the level that yet. You are talking about a school with 1000 students compared to the DB's, Hills, and Greeneville that have 2500-3000 students. We (Volunteer) will at least play our butts off whatever the score is and will improve......ex (District Tourney vs. DB last year). Here's just a piece of advice for the upcoming season........ If you are at the top of the pile, cream of the crop, or best of the best, what good does it do to overly brag about someone you SHOULD have beaten anyway or put down a team or school for trying their best? :thumb: GOD BLESS!!!!! :huh:

BTW...Greeneville has less than 900 students...SH has around 2000...DB has around 1800. Volunteer has over 1100. The largest school in the state only has around 2600 students... and they all are classified as AAA in bball. If you are gonna use numbers to make a point, at least make an attempt to be accurate...unless of course its a fishing story... lol

Edited by barb

Wow Barb you have brought to my attention something I did not know. I figured that DB had a lot more students than Science Hill for some reason. Are these figures right? I am just asking because I really don't know. I didn't figure Volunteer to have 1,100 either but that is just from me not knowing I suppose.

Checked it out at TSSAA website today.