Antoine Wiggins or Omar Wattad

Snowman16

Are you saying wiggins only cares about his numbers versus winning as a team?

If so I would have to disagree. This guy is on unselfish person. He is not all about himself. If you watch him you will see how he shares the ball on offense and how he plays hard on defense. The reason he has a lot of points is because he does not miss much. He is a very accurate shooter.

My guess is ol' bigz has to rag on Antwaine cause his boy Omar is hobbled and can't put up his numbers right now...I guess its hard to shoot 50 or 60 times a night when you are riding the bench.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is ol' bigz has to rag on Antwaine cause his boy Omar is hobbled and can't put up his numbers right now...I guess its hard to shoot 50 or 60 times a night when you are riding the bench.

im pretty sure i wasnt ragging on anyone...and im pretty sure i never said he was hobbled....i said he wasnt a 100 percent in the game againist central and he still scored 15 points and im also pretty sure that wattad doesnt even shoot 30 times a game so i would get ur stats straight before u say stuff.....and the reason he was on the bench againist central is because if he barely bumps a guy a D the refs jump all over him....and he wasnt even ridin the bench....so once again....gets ur facts straight...

I've watched all the Senior class of TN travelers play ball over the last four years, (both wiggins and wattad played on this team). and to say omar shoots 50-60 times a game is rediculous. In fact, looking over my statistics, the most shot attempts he ever has had in his career was 27 against Meridian MS in the Arby's classic. He is a career 55% shooter, and a career 45% shooter from 3P. He is hurt, and also he's been in the weight room all summer, (gaining muscle mass throws off a shot.) As far as who is better:

The bottom line is both of them are good. Ask Antwaine how hard it was to come back from an ankle injury this summer. The entire AAU circuit saw him drop from a top 50 player, to out of the top 150 because he was hurt. Since he regained his strength from the injury he has been putting up great numbers. Omar needs to get better inury wise, and his production will increase as well. Good luck to both of them, as they are both unselfish, care about winning, and will both be representing the east TN, in D1 basketball over the next four years. (I don't think another player east of greeneville can claim that from this senior class).

I've watched all the Senior class of TN travelers play ball over the last four years, (both wiggins and wattad played on this team). and to say omar shoots 50-60 times a game is rediculous. In fact, looking over my statistics, the most shot attempts he ever has had in his career was 27 against Meridian MS in the Arby's classic. He is a career 55% shooter, and a career 45% shooter from 3P. He is hurt, and also he's been in the weight room all summer, (gaining muscle mass throws off a shot.) As far as who is better:

The bottom line is both of them are good. Ask Antwaine how hard it was to come back from an ankle injury this summer. The entire AAU circuit saw him drop from a top 50 player, to out of the top 150 because he was hurt. Since he regained his strength from the injury he has been putting up great numbers. Omar needs to get better inury wise, and his production will increase as well. Good luck to both of them, as they are both unselfish, care about winning, and will both be representing the east TN, in D1 basketball over the next four years. (I don't think another player east of greeneville can claim that from this senior class).

Amen, give them both their props.

omar had an off night shooting against central.....he has had a bad ankle ever since the lenior city game and he is not 100 percent...that can throw off his shooting....i would take wattad over wiggins....omar cares more about winning than his own individual performace and he plays with heart and he gets bagged my fans and refs everywhere he goes in the big 9 conference....

Omar is a good sound and smart player, I just think his skills have not improved that much in the last couple of years. Please don't hand me the crap about refs and fans. The refs don't care and the fans are part of the game atmosphere and you just have to deal with it.

As bad as Central's students can be, Science Hill's students need to be disciplined for their actions Tuesday night.

Omar is a good sound and smart player, I just think his skills have not improved that much in the last couple of years. Please don't hand me the crap about refs and fans. The refs don't care and the fans are part of the game atmosphere and you just have to deal with it.

As bad as Central's students can be, Science Hill's students need to be disciplined for their actions Tuesday night.

Didn't mean to be so hard on Omar its just Bigz and Heatplaya are constantly jawing about Omar the Great and implying that Antwaine is a ball-hog who cares only about himself...there have actually been Omar fans that have been questioning SH coaching because Omar didn't start against Central....if you don't need him for the W then let him rest and get back to 100 percent...personally, I would like to see them both healthy when they meet in January.

Edited by barb

I was up in Johnson City to see the Toppers tonight..Wattad showed some things tonight that just really impressed me. The Toppers defeated Mt. Juliet (Strong State contender out of Nashville) by about 17. Wattad's ankle is still hurting him but he is a COMPETITOR. He would drive by his man and give it up, get on the ground, rebound and shoot GOOD shots. 4 for 7 from the field with 14 pts, 11 rebs, and 8asts. He is a complete player that at the college level may never be the go to guy. BUT he could definitely get a lot of clock. He could be a great role player that Georgetown will need to win. He truly just wants to win. Tremendous young talent and I myself am proud of him for the way he is making everyone in that maroon and gold better.

WIGGINS

Wiggins will be humbled by the Cherokee Chief's tenacious defense Friday Dec. 8. From what I have seen so far this year, the Chiefs talk on the floor and play with solid basketball fundementals. The Chiefs play unselfish team ball. They work the ball well and give it up to the open shooter. I look for the Chief's to hand Greenville its first conferance loss of the 2006 season. :lol:

Wiggins will be humbled by the Cherokee Chief's tenacious defense Friday Dec. 8. From what I have seen so far this year, the Chiefs talk on the floor and play with solid basketball fundementals. The Chiefs play unselfish team ball. They work the ball well and give it up to the open shooter. I look for the Chief's to hand Greenville its first conferance loss of the 2006 season. :thumb:

Solid fundamentals...great to have but Greeneville has the best defense in the IMAC...always have. I don't understand why you think Wiggins needs to be humbled.

He is a fine young man with a great attitude toward the game, his teammates and opponents. Betsy did a pretty good job defending him inside and so did MoEast but he still manages 20+ since Duncan moved him to guard.

Solid fundamentals...great to have but Greeneville has the best defense in the IMAC...always have. I don't understand why you think Wiggins needs to be humbled.

He is a fine young man with a great attitude toward the game, his teammates and opponents. Betsy did a pretty good job defending him inside and so did MoEast but he still manages 20+ since Duncan moved him to guard.

What is this about Omar going to Germantown? Is his family transferring to Memphis? Isn't he a Senior anyway?

What is this about Omar going to Germantown? Is his family transferring to Memphis? Isn't he a Senior anyway?

i think you mean georgetown...

i'd take wiggins over wattad i think, i watched them both play in several games last year and both have tremendous college level talent but i'd take wiggins for everything overall, and attitude. or maybe i just might take wattad after all. i usually support big nine conference anyways... naaaah. wiggins it is.