District 11aa

wareagleblue

I smell an upset. Harpeth always comes out flat. Somebody is going to make them pay and it might as well be Waverly. They can get away with playing like crap against teams like Fairview and Greenbrier, but a team on the rise like Waverly or Montgomery Central will make them pay and really shake up the district. I will say Waverly by ten because when the Indians get down the coach will have no clue what to do to get them back in the game. Rawlings from Waverly will just outcoach the Harpeth KID.

I said that Harpeth could get upset and should be careful with Waverly. But you are just being idiotic, just a plane idiot. We all understand that you dont like Coach Johnson, I am sorry that he is doing so well his first year here, but waverly will not beat harpeth.

Harpeth by 25.

• Replies 476
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, after tonight I'm not sure how I feel the district will work out. I haven't been impressed with the way the Lady Indians are playing. Winning yes, but not like I think they should be. Waverly could have easily won the game tonight and looking at their district record (1-4), they could easily be 5-0 and in first place. I think the district is wide open between everyone except Stewart County and Fairview. Come tournament time any of the top six could beat the other. Finishing one or two is very important I think. The Lady Indians need to kick it up another gear.

Newly Updated District 11AA Standings:

1.) Sycamore (5-1)

1.) Cheatham Co. (5-1)

1.) Harpeth (5-1)

4.) Creek Wood (4-3)

5.) Montgomery Central (3-3)

6.) Waverly Central (1-4)

7.) Fairview (2-5)

8.) Stewart Co. (0-7)

Friday Night's Games:

Cheatham Co. at Montgomery Central

Creek Wood at Fairview

Harpeth at Stewart Co.

Waverly Central at Sycamore

THOUGHTS FOLKS????????????????

Ok so the upset almost happened tonight and Waverly should be ashamed that they couldn't pull it out! I wanna say Waverly missed between 10 and 12 free throws in the 4th quarter and was handed every opportunity to win. This was the first night I have seen Harpeth play this season and I wasn't impressed with the team as a whole. Waverly actually has a better all around team and should not be sitting at 1-4 in the district. However tournament time will be very interesting with teams like Mont Central, Creekwood, and Waverly fighting for the forth spot in the region tourney. Mendenhall won the game tonight but that is really no surprise she has always impressed me... but someone needs light a fire under Harpeth or they WONT end up #1.

The upset almost happened, but I honestly can't say, as much as I dislike Harpeth, that Waverly is a better team. Harpeth is the better team and has the potential to be a good team but the coach has no clue how to motivate his girls to play. They have some good individual players on that team but from what I continue to read, they don't really impress anyone the way they have in the past. He thought he would instill some discipline and teach them to play defense, I think he has just basically coached them out of reaching their potential. If the previous coach just let them play, then maybe he should take a page out of that playbook. I'll bet he is scrambling over there after several poor performances. Obviously this discipline and defense is getting in the way of their point production. That tends to happen I guess when you wear the players out pressing the whole game or sit your best player for off the court issues. What does the off the court stuff have to do with basketball? Get a clue!

Dude i couldn't agree with you more. I am not from Harpeth but I try to watch a few of their games every year and the first thing I said at the end of the Harpeth-Waverly game tonight is wow their style of play has took a dramatic turn for the worse.... Harpeth girls basketball has always been about scoring and why fix it if it isnt broken. If you look at past seasons they have always been successful and their scores have generally been high. This defense crap worked agaisnt Waverly but it will faulter elsewhere. Coaching is a huge part of our district. You take Cheatham for example they are always good no matter how much raw talent is on the roster. Coach Carr is the best Coach in the district and it shows. And if Coach Carr were coaching Waverly they would have won tonight and Waverly would also be winning the district. Look for Cheatham or Sycamore to take the district.

Edited by utvols04

How many Harpeth games have u watched this year utvols? Because I have missed 2 games all year and i really think the only reason they have dropped off the little bit they have is they lost 3 keys players from last year. They have young and inexperienced post but they are getting better everytime they get out on the floor. The younger girls are getting better aswell I am at every JV game i have seen this team get better as the season has gone along. All I have to say is as mush as i liked Coach Junkins if the teams of the past 2 years would of had the defense and disaplin this team has they would have made it past sub-state both years. In the sub-state game against Boliver the team captain gave up yet was on the floor the whole game I am pretty sure that wouldn't happen with Coach Johnson. Last year against Ezell-Harding defense was needed to put it plain and simple Harpeth had none. Offense is only half of the game if you can't stop the other team from scoring you will lose this team is 13-1 if you don't count the 4 games from the Lexington Catholic tourny they played in over Christmas break and if you want to count those games they are 15-3. How many teams would kill to be 15-3 right now?

What does the off the court stuff have to do with basketball? Get a clue!

:thumb: You aren't serious are you? Discipline is discipline whether it be off the court or on and defense wins championships. Always has. Close only counts in horseshoes and hand grenades. The Lady Indian will go as far as their talent and team chemistry will allow them to go. They're younger than the past 2 years and it shows sometimes.

Ok so the upset almost happened tonight and Waverly should be ashamed that they couldn't pull it out! I wanna say Waverly missed between 10 and 12 free throws in the 4th quarter and was handed every opportunity to win. This was the first night I have seen Harpeth play this season and I wasn't impressed with the team as a whole. Waverly actually has a better all around team and should not be sitting at 1-4 in the district. However tournament time will be very interesting with teams like Mont Central, Creekwood, and Waverly fighting for the forth spot in the region tourney. Mendenhall won the game tonight but that is really no surprise she has always impressed me... but someone needs light a fire under Harpeth or they WONT end up #1.

Waverly's ladies also played Cheatham Co. very tough the other night. I'm sure Sycamore may find out the same thing come Friday night. We all already know that both Creek Wood & Montgomery Central can serve as a couple of huge obstacles for the three Cheatham County Teams but don't forget that it was just last year when Waverly's ladies ended the Cheatham Co. Lady Cubs season in the opening round of the district tourney.

DON'T BE FOOLED BY THEIR RECORD :thumb:

The upset almost happened, but I honestly can't say, as much as I dislike Harpeth, that Waverly is a better team. Harpeth is the better team and has the potential to be a good team but the coach has no clue how to motivate his girls to play. They have some good individual players on that team but from what I continue to read, they don't really impress anyone the way they have in the past. He thought he would instill some discipline and teach them to play defense, I think he has just basically coached them out of reaching their potential. If the previous coach just let them play, then maybe he should take a page out of that playbook. I'll bet he is scrambling over there after several poor performances. Obviously this discipline and defense is getting in the way of their point production. That tends to happen I guess when you wear the players out pressing the whole game or sit your best player for off the court issues. What does the off the court stuff have to do with basketball? Get a clue!

Coach Johnson has never set out his best player for discipline reasons, he has set out Salem Richardson, but no offense to her but she is the third best on the team. If you havent noticed, the low scoring has obviously helped, because Harpeth is scoring low but the other team is scoring just a little bit lower arent they. :thumb:

Dude i couldn't agree with you more. I am not from Harpeth but I try to watch a few of their games every year and the first thing I said at the end of the Harpeth-Waverly game tonight is wow their style of play has took a dramatic turn for the worse.... Harpeth girls basketball has always been about scoring and why fix it if it isnt broken. If you look at past seasons they have always been successful and their scores have generally been high. This defense crap worked agaisnt Waverly but it will faulter elsewhere. Coaching is a huge part of our district. You take Cheatham for example they are always good no matter how much raw talent is on the roster. Coach Carr is the best Coach in the district and it shows. And if Coach Carr were coaching Waverly they would have won tonight and Waverly would also be winning the district. Look for Cheatham or Sycamore to take the district.

The defense didn't cause Harpeth to beat Waverly. Waverly could have easily won that game in a thriller if they had of hit their free throws like they normally do. They shot 7-17 from the line in the fourth quarter alone and some of those were front ends of one and one. Waverly will compete for the district title, maybe not in the season because too many early close losse, but come tournament time, who knows.