Farragut/Oak Ridge Game

rigger101

I thought you had died several years ago? Come back and coach!

Isn't Stevens going to CAK and most of the current staff leaving? That's what I have been hearing anyway.

Ole Dad

Farragut won the game, but they by no means dominated it, unlike the 39-0 pasting given to them last year at Blankenship when they were 8-1 and the Region title was on the line. This was simply not Oak Ridge's year, and it showed Friday night, past Oak Ridge teams would have cashed in on the two early Admiral fumbles and it would have been time to crank up the Lexus and go to the house in Fox Den. But not this year, the Wildcat offense sputtered all night and the defense fought but could not hold when faced with the late punt blocks, even though they effectively shut down the Admiral offense all night. I would like to congratulate Eddie Courtney, he is a class guy and a good football coach. He now faces a tough first round opponent in Bearden and may face a 2nd Round trip to Kingsport should he get by the Bulldogs, end of story by then. For Oak Ridge, there must be some reorganization, hard off season work and some sleeper players to step up to avoid another year like this one, a good team appears to be two to three years away, with the talented freshman class. The Wildcats must return to the days when they can run the football consistently to win. Good luck to Coach Stanton Stevens in the months ahead.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or are the great Wildcat nation fans conspicuously absent after the game. Where 'O where are my pals NickOrlando, Ole Dad, BigKittyRidger, and the rest of the gang who like to refer to the Admirals as Farragutless? Makes you wonder about gutless, huh? Surely these guys who are such experts on guts would have enough of them to congratulate the Admirals on a well deserved and long time coming, victory. Well, we'll see if that happens.

I was there supporting my team through thick and thin, rain or shine. Congrats to the Ads. It was a messy game, and it came down to who made the mistakes. OR couldn't kick a punt twice, so it pretty much gave the Ads a short field all night.

Good luck against Bearden.

'Til we meet next spring/fall...RWR!

"Cat out..............

I was there supporting my team through thick and thin, rain or shine. Congrats to the Ads. It was a messy game, and it came down to who made the mistakes. OR couldn't kick a punt twice, so it pretty much gave the Ads a short field all night.

Good luck against Bearden.

'Til we meet next spring/fall...RWR!

"Cat out..............

Kudos to you Big Cat Ridger ! That was a classy post and congratulations. By the way, throughout the last week I have never meant any disrespect to Oak Ridge's football program. They have my utmost respect and deserve it. My only beef ever with Oak Ridge has been some of the arrogance displayed by some of the Oak Ridge fans towards Farragut because of Oak Ridge's dominance over Farragut. I was probably wrong to characterize the entire Oak Ridge fan base as arrogant. It is likely a minority percentage who have been showing poor sportsmanship. Anyway, thank you for showing up with a nice congratulations. Hopefully the 'Cats will bounce back and be tough next year and we'll have another real good Region 2 battle.

Sincerely,

FHS_Admiral

Been out of ton since fri. Congratulations to the Admirals in the Mud Bowl. From what I saw I'm glad I wasn't there. The weather was a lot better where I was.

Sorry if some of our good fans and myself talked some smack. A lot of it was just to set you all off, but I'm sure some of it was meant in earnest.

I met Coach Cortney's nephew in Clarksville. He's just like his uncle, a class act. By the way Spencer Gulmire got his first college touchdown sat nite!!!! Tyler Trent also got into a game for the first time!!!. Yea for our Boys. Like they cheer at Austin Peay... LET'S GO PEAY!!!

Not what I am hearing from several people. I hear 5 coaches may resign soon. I guess we will have to wait and see. Didn't we lose a couple last year also?

Ole Dad

Oak Ridge[/url]r' post='826218093' date='Oct 29 2006 - 07:58 PM']

ole dad ... no and no. the current staff will return entact with very few changes.

Been out of ton since fri. Congratulations to the Admirals in the Mud Bowl. From what I saw I'm glad I wasn't there. The weather was a lot better where I was.

Sorry if some of our good fans and myself talked some smack. A lot of it was just to set you all off, but I'm sure some of it was meant in earnest.

I met Coach Cortney's nephew in Clarksville. He's just like his uncle, a class act. By the way Spencer Gulmire got his first college touchdown sat nite!!!! Tyler Trent also got into a game for the first time!!!. Yea for our Boys. Like they cheer at Austin Peay... LET'S GO PEAY!!!

Thanks bounder. I apologize for allowing myself to get too riled up last week. It was a really tough game Friday in terrible conditions. The Admirals were fortunate to get the victory. It was only the special teams that were the difference. I think the Oak Ridge kids showed a tremendous amount of heart Friday, by not quitting until the last second ran off the clock. Also, there sure wasn't anything wrong with Oak Ridge's defense either. That defense was tough. For the good of the Region, I hope Oak Ridge bounces back (but not too much) next year. Take care.

Congrats to Farragutless!!!! I mean Farragut.

Anyone serving crow?

I would also like to say what amazing special teams play we have.

Good luck in the post season.

Absolutely no crow is necessary. The Oak Ridge kids played a really tough game and played their hearts out as did Farragut, in the absolute worst of conditions. Thanks for the congrats and post season wishes. Sorry, I got so bent out of shape last week. I shouldn't have. I'll try not to let it happen again, however, that Farragutless stuff tweaked my goat pretty good. Hope the Ridgers bounce back next year. Take care.

FHS_Admiral

Oak ridger says I'm wrong and current staff will return in its entirity. I would take that bet all day long. I hear 4-5 coaches are resigning in the near future. Many people are also saying Stevens going to CAK but M...... may have a lock on that job. Look for big coaching changes at OR. I don't think it will be long before you hear announcements.

Ole Dad

what's the story on this?