Farragut/Oak Ridge Game

rigger101

It's funny how two or three posters can all of a sudden be the voice for an entire program. I guarantee you, that most of the Oak Ridge fans knew this would be a tough game and that Farragut was the favorite.

I said it earlier, congratulations, but act like you have been there before. You beat a 5-5 team and have much tougher opponents waiting on you.

exactly 1 win since 1993.. thats enough for me to talk trash. considering most of them thought it was in the bag and they would walk all over us. we have the right to talk trash just like they did before the game since they had won so many times.. no we won so its our turn if u cant handle it then dont read the thread.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My point was you saying MOST of them ... most? :thumb:

Bask in the glory of your win ... no football program deserves a big win over Oak Ridge as much as Farragut does.

so its alright for oak ridge fans to talk all the trash they want when they beat a not that great and barely avg. Farragut team for 10yrs? yeah ok. then we win and its all the sudden not classy.

It's funny how two or three posters can all of a sudden be the voice for an entire program. I guarantee you, that most of the Oak Ridge fans knew this would be a tough game and that Farragut was the favorite.

I said it earlier, congratulations, but act like you have been there before. You beat a 5-5 team and have much tougher opponents waiting on you.

Tank,

I appreciate your congratulations. You seem to be a classy guy and have good sportsmanship. As for the remainder of the Oak Ridge fans, while they may have known this would be a tough game and that Farragut deserved respect as a worthy opponent, we did not hear any of that from them on this board all week long. All we heard was taunts of how many times OR has beaten Farragut and how Farragut was really FarraGUTLESS and a bunch of other crap. For the OR fans who do have good sportsmanship like you (and they are few it seems), I have nothing but respect for the OR program for what it has accomplished over the years. However, as for the classless, arrogant, superiority complex, bunch of OR fans (which it appears are the majority) I have nothing but contempt, and it is on account of them that I will gloat as much as possible over this win and the current 5-5 no playoffs crappy season of OR.

Edited by FHS_Admiral

Tank,

I appreciate your congratulations. You seem to be a classy guy and have good sportsmanship. As for the remainder of the Oak Ridge fans, while they may have known this would be a tough game and that Farragut deserved respect as a worthy opponent, we did not hear any of that from them on this board all week long. All we heard was taunts of how many times OR has beaten Farragut and how Farragut was really FarraGUTLESS and a bunch of other crap. For the OR fans who do have good sportsmanship like you (and they are few it seems), I have nothing but respect for the OR program for what it has accomplished over the years. However, as for the classless, arrogant, superiority complex, bunch of OR fans (which it appears are the majority) I have nothing but contempt, and it is on account of them that I will gloat as much as possible over this win and the current 5-5 no playoffs crappy season of OR.

Farragut said the same thing about Oak Ridge. Farragut was taking shots at Oak Ridge too. Game over!

I respect your opinion, although I still say it's based on two, three ... maybe four people that post on a message board. I have met some Farragut fans that I felt were arrogant, but I would never ever classify an entire program as snobbish, arrogant or otherwise.

It just sets a bad tone, a tone that isn't needed in high school competition.

We should pat the shoulder of the victor and the one that loses. It's not about us fans, despite the fact so many of us live vicariously through the achievements of youngsters.

I have covered high school athletics in quite a few places, been and mingled with a lot of fans and I was very intimidated when I started in Oak Ridge. I too had heard all the rumors about the attitude I was about to face. What did I learn? It just wasn't true. I have met the most wonderful football fans, and classy people, while in Oak Ridge. Are there some arrogant, cocky fans here? Of course! But I have met some arrogant, cocky fans in places that don't even know what a gold ball looks like.

Sorry to rant, I just get tired of all the old people, young people that don't even play or internet quarterbacks taking away from high school football by trying to tarnish it with egotistical boasting.

Tank,

I appreciate your congratulations. You seem to be a classy guy and have good sportsmanship. As for the remainder of the Oak Ridge fans, while they may have known this would be a tough game and that Farragut deserved respect as a worthy opponent, we did not hear any of that from them on this board all week long. All we heard was taunts of how many times OR has beaten Farragut and how Farragut was really FarraGUTLESS and a bunch of other crap. For the OR fans who do have good sportsmanship like you (and they are few it seems), I have nothing but respect for the OR program for what it has accomplished over the years. However, as for the classless, arrogant, superiority complex, bunch of OR fans (which is appears are the majority) I have nothing but contempt, and it is on account of them that I will gloat as much as possible over this win and the current 5-5 no playoffs crappy season of OR.

1 Farragut person said somethin to oak ridge ppl and that was FHS_Admirals.. there was atleast 5 oak ridge ppl saying the exact same stuff. so i think Farragut deserves to say what they feel.. but i mean honestly imaowl.. do u think its right to call us gutless? u and ooltewah know we arent. so i mena come on. thats a little ridiculous.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

1 Farragut person said somethin to oak ridge ppl and that was FHS_Admirals.. there was atleast 5 oak ridge ppl saying the exact same stuff. so i think Farragut deserves to say what they feel.. but i mean honestly imaowl.. do u think its right to call us gutless? u and ooltewah know we arent. so i mena come on. thats a little ridiculous.

First and foremost, Congrats to Farragut on the win, second re-read the posts made by FHS, not just one but multiple post with the name calling of a second grader, then some of the responses by Oak Ridgers, all it did was get that thread closed, so lets drop those kind of posts, and stick to the game.

The field was the worst I've ever seen a high school game played on, this is not a total reflection of FHS, except the fact they play soccer on it, but that the weather was out of this world.

Also, it looks as if little Nicky was right, our special teams play was the difference in the game, three blocked punts, and a botched fake punt, you can't beat a good team like Farragut with those mistakes, rain or no rain.

Hey Ace,

Please locate the post where I called Farragut Farragutless (any post) and direct me to it. Otherwise limit your rants to the facts. I predicted 10 months ago that OR would be 6-4. I was wrong...they were 5-5. Next year they will most likely be 3-7. Those are the facts. I think that as they say in the hills, "even a blind hog fiends aan acorn every now and then." Heck, you think one win every 15 years is enough? Congratualtions on your victory.

Ole dad

Is it just me or are the great Wildcat nation fans conspicuously absent after the game. Where 'O where are my pals NickOrlando, Ole Dad, BigKittyRidger, and the rest of the gang who like to refer to the Admirals as Farragutless? Makes you wonder about gutless, huh? Surely these guys who are such experts on guts would have enough of them to congratulate the Admirals on a well deserved and long time coming, victory. Well, we'll see if that happens.

Way to go Admirals !!! It's about time we put one on Oak Ridge. I am really disappointed that we allowed them to score a last second touchdown however. I wanted the beat down to be a shut out. Congrats to the Oak Ridge kids for not quitting until the final second of the game. I suspect that OR will bounce back next year, but as for this year, it sure doesn't hurt my feelings any to see them go 5-5 and miss the playoffs !!!

As for all my Oak Ridger pals that have repeatedly called us Farragutless this week, I guess if we're still Farragutless then that makes you much worse than gutless, at least for this year. You boys have a good off season now and good luck in basketball !

A blind squirrel will find a nut every once in a while. The law of averages will have to take place every now and then. Oak Ridge has a record against 'Gutless of 29 and 3. If anyone would know about 5 and 5 Farragut would. You guys barely beat a bad 5 and 5 football team how does that make you feel? You would think with all of the money that Farragut has your program would be top notch and that they could afford better lighting and stadium facilities for the fans.

Please post all of your National and State Championships that you have won in football. Oh wait you have neither! None, nada, zero. Not one. Go talk some smack when you can bring it. Drive your Lexus over to Starbucks and talk to your buddies over an overpriced latte on how tough you are when it comes to football. That conversation will be as short as the uprights of your homemade goal posts are.

Enjoy this win since you will have a quick exit in the playoffs as usual. Go Bearden!

Edited by mellomc

ok so if all we know is 5-5 then y are u making such a big deal about having a great record over us.. u should beat us if we are going 5-5 every year.. and sometimes worse. thats like us making a huge deal about beating lenoir city in baseball by 10+ every year. come on, ur logic is stupid. the lighting was fine. u all think that all this money that is in Farragut automatically goes to the school. shows how much u know. i love how no one else has complained ever as far as i know until oak ridge goes and loses. and we "barely" beat u because it was a frickin monsoon

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

Congrats to Farragut on the win! Oak Ridge has some rebuilding to do, and they will do it. As a long time OR fan I have seen this before, and will see it again. Kudos to the 'Cats for not giving up and for the season they gave us, the fans!

As for Farragut's field soemthing really needs to be done to make it the program you want it to be. Soccer three times on the football field? OR used to have the same problem and we eliminated that by building a soccer field. The lighting on the field last night was atrocious, on the home side a full half of the lights were out and on the visitors side there were several out as well. Add to that the monsoon that occurred and the lighting was ridiculous.

The shot by the Farragut poster about the Wildcat Nation (all 100 fans) was really low class, the Farragut side was not exactly overflowing. It was a weather thing.

Good luck to Farragut in the playoffs, this region is nothing but tough! Pictures of the "Mud Bowl" can be seen on the Oak Ridge Football Boosters Picture page listed below:

Oak Ridge Football Boosters Picture Page

They are loading onto the pages this afternoon.

ROLL WILDCATS ROLL!