Farragut/Oak Ridge Game

rigger101

I think it funny making excuses about last years game. The difference between last year and this year was that last year FHS was supposed to have as good a team as they have ever had their players even said so in their paper then they went out and just got whooped...twice. The G-men were tough but I think they would be the first to say OR didnt need them to beat the ads last year. Now this year everyone that was not comotose (kill me if I mis-spelled it) knew that this years OR team just wasn't that good (for whatever reason) I even said about the second game of the season they might go 5-5 which included a fhs win. But last Friday OR gained more offensive yards and first downs than the ads. Yep OR lost and you dopes better enjoy it cause it may be another 15 years before you do it again.

I investigated the Stevens rumor and there is no truth to the rumor he is leaving OR next season. As far as the other coaches I can't speak to that. Really though and I know I may get some slack here but I dont see how the best asst. coaches can be hired when the main critera is that they graduated from OR. I have a sneaky feeling that a new OC may be and old OC That could have been the HC of a knoxville school but may have turned it down to come back to OR next year. What do ya think about that?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone that would use criteria that included being a ORHS grad to be an OR coach should be fired for being too stupid to coach. That is the biggest bunch of hog wash I have ever heard of for hiring a coach. Heck, some of the coaches there now didn't attend ORHS so are we firing them when Stevens gets fired? As far as the rumor that Stevens is leaving....that decision gets to be made by both sides. Did you confirm with both sides?

Another year of the leadership we currently have and 5-5 will look good. Can you say, "lose to Clinton and Farragut in the same season?"

Ole Dad

I think it funny making excuses about last years game. The difference between last year and this year was that last year FHS was supposed to have as good a team as they have ever had their players even said so in their paper then they went out and just got whooped...twice. The G-men were tough but I think they would be the first to say OR didnt need them to beat the ads last year. Now this year everyone that was not comotose (kill me if I mis-spelled it) knew that this years OR team just wasn't that good (for whatever reason) I even said about the second game of the season they might go 5-5 which included a fhs win. But last Friday OR gained more offensive yards and first downs than the ads. Yep OR lost and you dopes better enjoy it cause it may be another 15 years before you do it again.

I investigated the Stevens rumor and there is no truth to the rumor he is leaving OR next season. As far as the other coaches I can't speak to that. Really though and I know I may get some slack here but I dont see how the best asst. coaches can be hired when the main critera is that they graduated from OR. I have a sneaky feeling that a new OC may be and old OC That could have been the HC of a knoxville school but may have turned it down to come back to OR next year. What do ya think about that?

Can anyone say Ron Gray?