Gordonsville vs. South Pitt

R. Willoughby

I think if spitt can bring there A game it will be hard for anyone to beat them , But we all know they are beatable...This game will be a step hold for the winner to be in the finals in my opinion if its a injury free game and I hope it is.....I have always respected GV. actually the only game i went against them this whole year was the TC game and u guys know the history between spitt and Tc. But id have to say that the GV game will be the game of teh week in any class by far good luck both teams...

• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Zone, I do not think this game is going to be a blow out for South Pittsburgh. What I was mainly addressing was that the Gordonsville fan seemed to be using the Temple win against SP as a measuring tool to determine how well they would fair against you all. Temple's win against you all probably helped you in a lot of ways if competitors are so foolish as to look at one game out of ten to determine what they think they can do and overlook nine other solid wins.

I don't mean to be a stickler, but it's Pittsburg, not Pittsburgh.

I don't mean to be a stickler, but it's Pittsburg, not Pittsburgh.

I am a stickler about those kinds of things. It's nice to know a fellow stickler :(

While I am at it... Having seen South Pittsburg play a few times now, I would not be surprised at all to see them score a few quick and early forcing Gordonsville to play catch up for the game.

If South Pitt thinks they have an easy win in this one, they need to get back to earth because Gordonsville is not a team to look past. They've been a consistent playoff team as long as I can remember and Gordonsville might give South Pitt a tough time. That said, I do think South Pitt ekes out a close win.

South Pitt- 27

Gordonsville- 21

:(

Okay, let's state the facts. 1) South Pittsburg is a good team. 2) Gordonsville is a good team as well. 3) South Pittsburg has been lackluster ever since the loss to Temple, but in my opinion (nothing taken away from Temple, they're a great team.) Temple did not beat South Pittsburg, South Pittsburg beat South Pittsburg, Temple just helped. 4) It's playoffs time, throw records out the window, it's lay it on the line time. One game, one play, one second can make or break an entire season of hard work.

South Pittsburg is a good team. However, if they bring the same game they brought to Temple, Silverdale, or Whitwell, even though those looked like convincing wins (except for Temple, of course), they will not slide by this week. Region 4 is possibly the toughest in the entire class, and there will be no easy way to Murfreesboro. To win, South Pittsburg must do these things. 1) Forget about Temple! It's over! You're second in the Region, now deal with who you got, and maybe you'll get the rematch to redeem yourself. 2) Remember Friendship Christian game from last year. You nearly had the game, and a few mistakes cost you. 3) Get mad. Be the head cracking, tough, fast South Pittsburg you were in the first of the season, and I see no reason why South Pittsburg won't be in the running for a gold ball. Good luck Pittsburg, and if you don't bring your A game, don't bother to show up.

Okay, let's state the facts. 1) South Pittsburg is a good team. 2) Gordonsville is a good team as well. 3) South Pittsburg has been lackluster ever since the loss to Temple, but in my opinion (nothing taken away from Temple, they're a great team.) Temple did not beat South Pittsburg, South Pittsburg beat South Pittsburg, Temple just helped. 4) It's playoffs time, throw records out the window, it's lay it on the line time. One game, one play, one second can make or break an entire season of hard work.

South Pittsburg is a good team. However, if they bring the same game they brought to Temple, Silverdale, or Whitwell, even though those looked like convincing wins (except for Temple, of course), they will not slide by this week. Region 4 is possibly the toughest in the entire class, and there will be no easy way to Murfreesboro. To win, South Pittsburg must do these things. 1) Forget about Temple! It's over! You're second in the Region, now deal with who you got, and maybe you'll get the rematch to redeem yourself. 2) Remember Friendship Christian game from last year. You nearly had the game, and a few mistakes cost you. 3) Get mad. Be the head cracking, tough, fast South Pittsburg you were in the first of the season, and I see no reason why South Pittsburg won't be in the running for a gold ball. Good luck Pittsburg, and if you don't bring your A game, don't bother to show up.

EXACTLy .. well put

are you crazy? Im not saying Gordonsville will win or lose, but you are going to tell me SP will win by 21, when Gordonsville lost to number 1 FC by 9, and perennial powerhouse by 3, and then their only big loss was to 2A School Smith County, which was by 21, and Smith County could beat any team they wanted in 1A. I think 21 point margin of victory is a little far fetched

I'm by no means a Gordonsville fan, but they do deserve a little respect. They play a tough region and played well. They made it to the playoffs will undoubtly bring it to the field. Not sure who I am rooting for cause I'm not sure who I'd rather meet in the second round, but come on.......great season G'ville.

Thanks, That sounds like my type place. I will tell them you sent me. If you are not booked we could break bread before our teams square off. Let me know.

Getting your moneys worth twice in one evening is rare. Good eats, good game. Thats what its all about.

MO$$$$, don't u and the little woman eat to much and don't forget your cowbell!!! I will be looking for ya'll to stand with. We will be leaving "the creek" around 2. GO BIG BLUE