A/AA State Predictions

gphstrack

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And as for track, I can't wait for the 800. Bring them all on gphstrack, i'll be waiting.

I won't be bringing anything on since I finished my high school running career ten years ago.

However, the runners I coach will happy to bring any distance race on. I think the East Section is going to dominate at state this year, so train hard this winter, ok?

2007 Predictions:

A/AA - Brosemore and Coniglio.

AAA - Kroeger and Sonnenfeldt.

D-II - Zimmerman and Young.

Have a great winter.

I won't be bringing anything on since I finished my high school running career ten years ago.

However, the runners I coach will happy to bring any distance race on. I think the East Section is going to dominate at state this year, so train hard this winter, ok?

2007 Predictions:

A/AA - Brosemore and Coniglio.

AAA - Kroeger and Sonnenfeldt.

D-II - Zimmerman and Young.

Have a great winter.

those are bold but odd predictions

i also think that the west will dominate track. middle and east cant match their supreme sprinting and field even abilities.

when is the last time an east team won state a/aa in track.....that would be Austin-East High School in 1987. so good luck

those are bold but odd predictions

i also think that the west will dominate track. middle and east cant match their supreme sprinting and field even abilities.

when is the last time an east team won state a/aa in track.....that would be Austin-East High School in 1987. so good luck

very true about the west and sprinting/field events. i was only talking about distance because west is usually really really weak in those events. in fact, i almost wish they'd reformat the qualifying structure. it always grieves me that sub-10:00 runners are left out of the state meet and two 10:45 guys are running from west tn. it's always a 6 man race at state...and it should be the best 8 runners in the state.

very true about the west and sprinting/field events. i was only talking about distance because west is usually really really weak in those events. in fact, i almost wish they'd reformat the qualifying structure. it always grieves me that sub-10:00 runners are left out of the state meet and two 10:45 guys are running from west tn. it's always a 6 man race at state...and it should be the best 8 runners in the state.

yea i know what u mean

the middle last year had i tihnk 5 guys under 10 and then the west gets in a 10:45 and a 10:50

dont u tihnk there should be a qualifying cuttoff. maybe 10:15 for 3200 and 4:45 for 1600

yea i know what u mean

the middle last year had i tihnk 5 guys under 10 and then the west gets in a 10:45 and a 10:50

dont u tihnk there should be a qualifying cuttoff. maybe 10:15 for 3200 and 4:45 for 1600

that's an interesting thought. i am the faculty rep for our swim team and swimming has time cuts for state qualifying. the problem with that is that the state meet has grown ridiculously large. this year the state association had to make some pretty drastic time cuts because the aquatic center in nashville put a limit on the number of swimmers due to space issues. then you always have the issue of falsifying times, so we'd have to make sure that all meets were automatic timing, which would not be fair to a lot of smaller programs. plus, since tssaa isn't willing to use the AAA state meet format in A/AA, speculation of time cuts is probably pointless.