A/AA State Predictions

gphstrack

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kick is not that important. i bet a runner that runs a 25 min could outkick me but hes not gonna be near me in the race so wbat does it matter. in the same way the race will be decided on the gravel road and on the back hill not the last 400.

i agree. the last 400 (with the excpetion of a few courses) is just icing on the cake. if a race is run in a smart manner, the last 400 won't make a big difference.

I think that this will be an interesting race. As far as teams, lipscomb has talent, but the race must be run, if they are off by just a nanometer...this could get interesting. Individually, this will be a race with many factors. Middle Tennessee teams have an obvious advantage because of the course. It is not flat like some people think it is. The course may take a couple of favorites out of it...but then again it may not. A good kick will be vitally important for winning as the favorites are all very close in times. If the race is close after about 2 3/4 miles, we could see a last 400 or even last 200. No matter who wins, this race will be full of excitement, maybe even some surprises.

its gonna take a whole lot more than a nanometer i mean seriously who are you kidding. you are just like all those retards from etown last year that were like hey guys its gonna be real real close between fra and etown and if they mess just one little thing up etown is gonna win. well they had a couple guys in their top 5 have terrible races, i mean honestly, bailey (9:57 32 runner) finished like 14th and patterson was even farther back than that. i think pattersons place might have actually been worse than his place his sophomore year in a much tougher field. so basically what i'm sayin is i'm tired of people trying to come in and say that if something little goes wrong for the obvious top team that they are gonna get beat when we all know that its gonna take 3 guys not finishing at all for them to get beat. the thing that makes teams like dl and fra great is that they have 7 really good runners so it doesnt matter if someone has a bad race. i mean come on dl's number 7 man is a 9:58 3200m runner, enough said.

Edited by thecrippler2222

its gonna take a whole lot more than a nonometer i mean seriously who are you kidding. you are just like all those retards from etown last year that were like hey guys its gonna be real real close between fra and etown and if they mess just one little thing up etown is gonna win. well they had a couple guys in their top 5 have terrible races, i mean honestly, bailey (9:57 32 runner) finished like 14th and patterson was even farther back than that. i think pattersons place might have actually been worse than his place his sophomore year in a much tougher field. so basically what i'm sayin is i'm tired of people trying to come in and say that if something little goes wrong for the obvious top team that they are gonna get beat when we all know that its gonna take 3 guys not finishing at all for them to get beat. the thing that makes teams like dl and fra great is that they have 7 really good runners so it doesnt matter if someone has a bad race. i mean come on dl's number 7 man is a 9:58 3200m runner, enough said.

You're right. If anyone else is to have a chance, DL will need at least 3 runners to have a terrible race and other teams will have to have a lot of PR's. That could still happen, it's just that that is a lot more than a millimeter

who made that nanometer comment? Dl is going to bend all of us over, accept it. FRA is nearly set in 2nd place, if they have a really bad day, then they might slip back a spot, but it would have to be a very bad day. but then again, if they slip back one spot they have the potential to slip back 4-5 with the tight battle for 3rd. why are we even debating this topic of team champions? make your bets for third, with USJ, JCS, etc...

the individual champion is another story altogether. it could go any one of like 25 different combinations in the top 5, so continue your childish bickering.

I don't think anyone should be talking bad about kids. If you made it to state then you should be complimented, especially if you were the top finisher in your region by more than 30 seconds. Don't count anyone out at state because sometimes heart wins over talent. Who would have ever picked McKenzie to win the baseball state championship. Don't count out heart.

I don't think anyone should be talking bad about kids. If you made it to state then you should be complimented, especially if you were the top finisher in your region by more than 30 seconds. Don't count anyone out at state because sometimes heart wins over talent. Who would have ever picked McKenzie to win the baseball state championship. Don't count out heart.

are u making a reference to anything or anyone?

you cannot compare cross country to baseball. also, why do you immediately assume that any team with talent has no heart. i guarentee you lipscomb and fra have just as much heart as all the other teams out there. its not like lipscomb doesnt even want to win state and couldnt care less, they are gonna be leaving everything on the course just like every other team

I believe he was referring to individuals not teams