A/AA State Predictions

gphstrack

haha no ones ever really a shoe in that far in advance. two years ago who saw johnson, mahaney, clabo, and coniglio as top contenders? after the state meet one year ago you still wouldnt guess any of those guys. i can understand guessing madden, mckinley, and patterson a while ago because they have been running well at state for a few years now but not the other guys. coniglio will definatley be a top contender in 2 years but there will be plenty of guys up there with him that come out of no where basically. and you guys may have forgotten but jeff musick is a sophomore 2. and what you really must have forgotten is mahaney is a sophomore 2 and beat coniglio by 2 seconds at the classic. i'm not saying that coniglio had his best race that day but neither did mahaney so in their only head to head match this year it looks like mahaney should be the favorite for 2008

top a/aa sophomores at classic:

mahaney 17:44

coniglio 17:46

musick 18:03

collins (usjc freshman) 18:04

smith (usjc) 18:07

wilson (knox cath) 18:22

something else i would like to point out when i was looking at these results, macon country finished just one place behind usjc so i'm surprised no one has really talked about their chances as a team to get in the top 5, especially with a guy that could win the whole thing up front

I know MC guys are focusing on trying to finish as high as they can. Never hurts to have 6 other quality guys chasing a guy like Mahaney day after day. I am really looking forward to Sat.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ryan johnson is a stud with a body like not many xc runners have. he will win the individuals and so will the lipscomb team

haha no offense to ryan cuz he's a beast but his body is not exactly ideal for xc, but then again mine is even less ideal for xc so i cant really talk. and unfortunately i do not think he can win the individual battle but he should be in the top 5 and his team will definately take home the championship trophy, and guys you better let me kiss it next time i see you

I think lipscomb has a little more than a nanometer...maybe a milimeter. Based on my calculations, which are only based on a few factors, the top 3 are:

DL - 48

FRA - 84

USJC - 118

If I were a betting man, I'd put my money on these to be the top three. I think where it gets interesting team-wise is 4-10. It's closer than we all realize.

Also, gatlinzpitt4, if you're on myspace, chances are you know who I am. Who are you...it's been driving me insane. Send me a myspace message. WH.

3200 just wasn't his day? Hmmm... that was an odd race... Pair passed out, Rodewald didn't quite know what was going on, and Jaynes and Clabo saw an opening in the last half a lap of the race and they seized the opportunity.

This isn't about Clabo, yet all of your posts are about Clabo.

When considering the results of a 3.1mi (5k) race, it isn't gonna necessarily be about who can crank out a last fast 400; The determining factors in the race are gonna be about what the dominant runner in the race decides they're gonna be about. And there are about half a dozen runners who could, if it fits into their plans, give Clabo a run for his money.

first off for say what? get a clue...read more carefully. I believe i stated it wasnt about Jaynes. Its all about clabo. thats why all my posts are about him. thats where its at. win or lose tomorrow clabo is the best distance (2mi/3mi) runner there. If he doesnt show it tomorrow heck show it in track. but im guessin itll be both. deja vu from last year. jaynes takes the 3 mile. jaynes takes the 2 mile. Granted rodewald didnt know what was happening, do u really think it woulda helped him? I dont think he had enough foot speed. Clabo knew what he was doin. jaynes knew what he was doin. He knows hes got more footspeed than anyone in the race, so he camped out and waited till the end. anyone else with that chance would do the same thing. Call it what u want but it happened not once, but twice. remember when rodewald challenged him with 1000 to go in CC. Didnt have a chance in the world. Jaynes is a horse. Clabo is a horse. and this mornin he will gallope across the finish line in first.

As for gphstrack, knowing who i am will blow your mind. Id look for clues at the race. Enjoy it and good luck to the team and def. clabo. Leave your myspace url on here and ill go request you as a friend. gp friends are friends of mine. I think my work here is finished...