Go Crazy Folks, Go Crazy!

Whatever team pays Suppan 10 mil a year is going to be making a big mistake. I know the pitching talent is down right now but this guy is not a long term answer to any teams problems. The Red Sox overpaid for Matt Clement and the Yankees overpaid for Carl Pavano and Suppan's stuff is no better although his post season resume is a little better. This guy is a 5 or 6 million a year kind of pitcher tops from my point of view. He should take that kind of money from St. Louis and continue being on a winning team. By the way Sol how have you been? :wacko:

Not too bad. Just got told by the wife I had to wait until Christmas to get my World Series stuff. :lol:

That's all right though, because better (and more expensive) stuff comes out daily. :rolleyes:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not too bad. Just got told by the wife I had to wait until Christmas to get my World Series stuff. :lol:

That's all right though, because better (and more expensive) stuff comes out daily. :rolleyes:

Glad to hear it. Have fun with this because you just never know how long it will take to get back to the dance let alone win it. Soak it all in because before you know it it will be Spring Training and then your back to square one. :lol:

Glad to hear it. Have fun with this because you just never know how long it will take to get back to the dance let alone win it. Soak it all in because before you know it it will be Spring Training and then your back to square one. :D

I am, believe me I am. I am waiting on the front page of the Post-Dispatch that one of my wife's bosses from their corporate headquarters picked up for me. I've already picked out a nice spot on my wall for the frame that it will be going in.

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like your beloved Cards are interested in signing Barry Bonds.....

Yeah, we've been discussing this on the Red Sox thread. If it was another player in the game, I'd say do it, but not for this guy. Despite the steroids issue, this guy carries so much baggae that I am not sure he would work well, plus, I'm not so sure on how Cardinal fans would embrace him.

He's worth 110 games or so in the field and could DH in interleague play, and I'm not going to lie, the idea of having him bat clean-up behind Pujols makes me drool. I would love to see a pitcher step on the rubber with runners at 1st and 3rd knowing that he had to face Pujols and Bonds back to back. And then Rolen and Edmonds. Ha! Pujols would bat .380 and hit 60 at a minimum. Well.........nah, still not worth it.

However, I would much rather try to sign Gonzo (he wants to play in St. Louis) and trade Encarnarcion somewhere. Gonzo would be a great guy in the #2 hole most nights to play in right. He, Duncan, Edmonds, and maybe another player or two would make for a legitimate outfield night in and night out.

Yeah, we've been discussing this on the Red Sox thread. If it was another player in the game, I'd say do it, but not for this guy. Despite the steroids issue, this guy carries so much baggae that I am not sure he would work well, plus, I'm not so sure on how Cardinal fans would embrace him.

He's worth 110 games or so in the field and could DH in interleague play, and I'm not going to lie, the idea of having him bat clean-up behind Pujols makes me drool. I would love to see a pitcher step on the rubber with runners at 1st and 3rd knowing that he had to face Pujols and Bonds back to back. And then Rolen and Edmonds. Ha! Pujols would bat .380 and hit 60 at a minimum. Well.........nah, still not worth it.

However, I would much rather try to sign Gonzo (he wants to play in St. Louis) and trade Encarnarcion somewhere. Gonzo would be a great guy in the #2 hole most nights to play in right. He, Duncan, Edmonds, and maybe another player or two would make for a legitimate outfield night in and night out.

Sorry didn't know that it was being discussed on another thread..... Thought Gonzo was gonna sign with the Dodgers?

Sorry didn't know that it was being discussed on another thread..... Thought Gonzo was gonna sign with the Dodgers?

No biggie. He has shown interest in playing in St. Louis. Apparently he was taken away with St. Louis in the postseason as a commentator. Don't know if it will happen or not.

Right now I just want to get a #2 starter in there.

Is Mulder going to sign elsewhere? I heard that the D'Backs were trying to sign him.....

Well, apparently the Cards infatuation with Bonds is over, thank goodness. Gonzo prefers LA because he lives out there, and every MLB team wants Mulder. The Cards had offered a two year incentive laden deal last I heard.