Go Crazy Folks, Go Crazy!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think right now I am more relieved that they won a Series during this 7 year run. I was worried that they were going to go through it and not win one, especially after last season.

I think I am the happiest for Edmonds. You could tell how much he wanted it last night. He's been the only guy there since the beginning of this run in 2000, and I do believe I'm happiest for him.

I'm also glad that LaRussa's critics will finally shut up and that he will finally be regarded with Whitey in Cardinals history. I still don't think Cardinal fans understand how good of a manager he actually is.

It does feel good just to look at the world though that said the Cards couldn't do it and give the the proverbial middle finger. I don't think many people understand that the core guys in the line-up not playing together consistently and the Cardinals struggles played hand in hand this season. I believe from August 1 until the start of the playoffs Pujols, Rolen, Edmonds, and Eckstein were in the starting line up with each other 1 time. TLR gambled at the end of the year by making sure they were healthy enough for October and not playing them, and it worked. A lot closer than anyone would have liked, but it worked. The goal was to get in, and they did. As they showed, at full strength, the Cards were a pretty good ball club.

I know that going in as the underdog made it more enjoyable. The last two seasons felt like a failure becuase winning felt more like a burden because they were supposed to. This year was so much more enjoyable. As much as I wanted to win in 04 and 05, I am glad it went like this. Like I told the wife last night, I wanted (and got) a Series title at a point to where I can just really sit back and enjoy it, and now they will hopefully get one in about 10-15 years where, God-willing, I'll have a boy to enjoy that one with.

Go Cards! :thumb:

Congrats to all Cardinal fans on this board. I know this will bring alot of joy and relief. It was a great accomplishment to win 83 regular season games and then play their best ball in the post season without much help from Albert. Great team effort. Great job from Larussa who deserves alot of the credit. So Solomon and all you Cardinal fans exhale for a few weeks and then get ready for the silly offseason. I do not know the contract status for your players but there will probly be some changes do to free agency and so forth. Anyhow congratulations! :P

Congrats to all Cardinal fans on this board. I know this will bring alot of joy and relief. It was a great accomplishment to win 83 regular season games and then play their best ball in the post season without much help from Albert. Great team effort. Great job from Larussa who deserves alot of the credit. So Solomon and all you Cardinal fans exhale for a few weeks and then get ready for the silly offseason. I do not know the contract status for your players but there will probly be some changes do to free agency and so forth. Anyhow congratulations! :P

I think right now I am more relieved that they won a Series during this 7 year run. I was worried that they were going to go through it and not win one, especially after last season.

I think I am the happiest for Edmonds. You could tell how much he wanted it last night. He's been the only guy there since the beginning of this run in 2000, and I do believe I'm happiest for him.

I'm also glad that LaRussa's critics will finally shut up and that he will finally be regarded with Whitey in Cardinals history. I still don't think Cardinal fans understand how good of a manager he actually is.

It does feel good just to look at the world though that said the Cards couldn't do it and give the the proverbial middle finger. I don't think many people understand that the core guys in the line-up not playing together consistently and the Cardinals struggles played hand in hand this season. I believe from August 1 until the start of the playoffs Pujols, Rolen, Edmonds, and Eckstein were in the starting line up with each other 1 time. TLR gambled at the end of the year by making sure they were healthy enough for October and not playing them, and it worked. A lot closer than anyone would have liked, but it worked. The goal was to get in, and they did. As they showed, at full strength, the Cards were a pretty good ball club.

I know that going in as the underdog made it more enjoyable. The last two seasons felt like a failure becuase winning felt more like a burden because they were supposed to. This year was so much more enjoyable. As much as I wanted to win in 04 and 05, I am glad it went like this. Like I told the wife last night, I wanted (and got) a Series title at a point to where I can just really sit back and enjoy it, and now they will hopefully get one in about 10-15 years where, God-willing, I'll have a boy to enjoy that one with.

Go Cards! :P

Solomon....I have two boys...In their lifetime they have seen Tennessee win a National Championship,The Cardinals win a World Series & play in another and the Titans play in the Super Bowl....Not bad....And yes,it is very enjoyable...I'm with you on the underdog thing...And the middle finger??..My thoughts exactly..This is the St .Louis Cardinals afterall...

Solomon....I have two boys...In their lifetime they have seen Tennessee win a National Championship,The Cardinals win a World Series & play in another and the Titans play in the Super Bowl....Not bad....And yes,it is very enjoyable...I'm with you on the underdog thing...And the middle finger??..My thoughts exactly..This is the St .Louis Cardinals afterall...

And here is an interesting fact:

The Cardinals now have 1 more World Series title that the Cubs do in their respective "new" Stadium. :thumb:;);)

THE WORLD CHAMPION ST LOUIS CARDINALS

It's been way too long, don't want to wait this long for # 11.

The Cardinals 10th, 4th since I've been around, but the first for my 2 sons. I agree with Solomon, they had to win one here with this core of players, After 105 wins in 2004 and 100 wins in 2005 without a championship, I too was worried the window would close. But now none of that matters.

The cardinals haven't won a world championship in 14 hours sounds a lot better than 24 years.

Congrats to the Cards on a great effort and making many, many fans happy.

Congrats to all the Cards fans on this board....I finally glad the National League finally won something against the American League....

It's ironic, for all the American League dominance talk (which I certainly can't dispute) Th NL has split --won 3 of the past 6 WS--of course in that you have to overlook 2 years without winning a WS game.

It's ironic, for all the American League dominance talk (which I certainly can't dispute) Th NL has split --won 3 of the past 6 WS--of course in that you have to overlook 2 years without winning a WS game.

Ah, now comes the fun part, how much money can be spent on championship merchendise? :lol:

500,000 showed up for the parade yesterday. Not too shabby at all.