Go Crazy Folks, Go Crazy!

Congrats to the Cards, very deserving abd they played good baseball at the right time! And not taking nothing away from the Cards, has anyone ever seen a team choke as bad as the Tigers did?(excluding the Yanks a few years back) I mean the Tigers did everything to lose this series and nothing to win it! Again congrats to the Cards! :D

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to the Cards, very deserving abd they played good baseball at the right time! And not taking nothing away from the Cards, has anyone ever seen a team choke as bad as the Tigers did?(excluding the Yanks a few years back) I mean the Tigers did everything to lose this series and nothing to win it! Again congrats to the Cards! :D

Courtesy of Jayson Stark, ESPN.com:

How bizarre is it to have your pitchers commit an error in five straight games? Here's how bizarre:

• In the last 50 regular seasons -- a period during which the Tigers have played nearly 8,000 games -- their pitchers never, ever committed an error in four straight games, according to Retrosheet's Dave Smith. Then they got to the World Series and churned out an E1 in five in a row? What are the odds of that?

• During the last 16 regular seasons -- a period that takes in more than 38,000 games involving all 30 teams -- no team had a stretch in which its pitchers made an error in five consecutive games. The last team to do that in the regular season, according to the Elias Sports Bureau: Tony Fossas' 1990 Brewers.

• Here's another way to look at all those errors: Those five E1's in five games are two more than Padres closer Trevor Hoffman has committed in his whole career -- all 14 years and 821 games of it.

• And as Elias reported this weekend in its always-sensational Elias Says column, those five E1's in five games are one more than the Reds' pitching staff -- all 29 members of it -- committed during the entire regular season.

Simply unbelievable..........that's all I can say.......

I had the wonderful fortune of being there for the clincher with my two boys, ages 11 and 6. When the last out was made, my oldest had a tear coming down his face.....and my youngest was screaming and waving the towel as hard as he could. It will go down as one of the most rewarding moments in my life. As Cardinal fans, we have waited 24 years for this.....let's enjoy it.

Thanks guys for a wonderful postseason......... :thumb::thumb:

Edited by Not-so HeavyD

I had the wonderful fortune of being there for the clincher with my two boys, ages 11 and 6. When the last out was made, my oldest had a tear coming down his face.....and my youngest was screaming and waving the towel as hard as he could. It will go down as one of the most rewarding moments in my life. As Cardinal fans, we have waited 24 years for this.....let's enjoy it.

Thanks guys for a wonderful postseason......... :D:(

So was it as crazy as I have read? I was there Thursday, so congrats of being the one person on the board I can be jealous of. :o

Thanks guys for a wonderful postseason......... ;):lol:

Sounds like one of those MasterCard commercials...

Price of ticket...blah balh blah

>

>

>

Seeing the look on my kids face...Priceless!

Nice story! ;)

Yea, it's funny hearing people say the Cardinals aren't the best team in baseball for 2006--it's not an opinion, they got that big trophy to prove it.

But I guess a deal could be worked out to trade the 2006 World championship trophy for the 2005 and 2004 trophies, years in which the Cardinals had the msot wins in baseball but did not win WS, and while your at go get 85's and 87's trophy for the Cardinals, too. But the problem is they weren't the best teams those years, they couldn't win 4 games when they had to and this year's team did. So I guess we'll just keep it like it is--because talk and opinions are cheap, that's why you got to prove it on the field. NO BCS polls or BS here, Cardinal are the 2006 World champions of baseball, the best team in baseball for 2006.

Sol, you think Weaver and Suppan will leave? Of course I know the one that you really want to stay....Marquis.... :)

I think Suppan is gone. Some team is going to pay him about $8-10 million a year and find out he's a clutch guy when you need him, but still a backend starter.

Weaver loves St. Louis apparently, so I think he may be back next year. Honestly have no idea.

As for Marquis........I could be considered his best friend compared to some of the people actually in St. Louis. :)

I think Suppan is gone. Some team is going to pay him about $8-10 million a year and find out he's a clutch guy when you need him, but still a backend starter.

Weaver loves St. Louis apparently, so I think he may be back next year. Honestly have no idea.

As for Marquis........I could be considered his best friend compared to some of the people actually in St. Louis. :)

Whatever team pays Suppan 10 mil a year is going to be making a big mistake. I know the pitching talent is down right now but this guy is not a long term answer to any teams problems. The Red Sox overpaid for Matt Clement and the Yankees overpaid for Carl Pavano and Suppan's stuff is no better although his post season resume is a little better. This guy is a 5 or 6 million a year kind of pitcher tops from my point of view. He should take that kind of money from St. Louis and continue being on a winning team. By the way Sol how have you been? :)