Who will be playing for the 5a title

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm gonna follow HLHS's prediction.

My power team that makes it is Ooltewah.

My surprise is Wooddale.

The people who pick DB vs. Gallatin obviously don't take into account that nothing goes like it should on paper in the playoffs between good teams.

I'm leaning on wanting to pick Ridgeway since no one gives them a chance either.

For quarters I pick DB vs. Ooltewah, White Station v. Woodale, Franklin v. Gallatin, Smyrna/Lavergne v. Riverdale.

Semis, Ooltewah v. Riverdale, Wooddale v. Franklin

Dobyns-Bennett and riverdale are the best two teams in the state/ This will be a game to watch when ever they meet. Too bad that they are on the same side of the bracket.

I find it very interesting that all season DB has been crowned the best team in the state. Fact is they went 10-0, what was the record this year of the last team to beat them in playoffs last year?? Oh, that's right 10-0, perhaps we could compare the records of the teams both have beaten? The playoff seeds of the teams they have beaten? Common opponents? Scoring Offence? Scoring Defense? Surely there is something after 10 games more concrete than the hype all year that DB is best team in state or even better than the last team that beat them? Guess we will know for sure in week 3 (Unless WB beats DB this weekend). Not quite sure how region 1 can go 1-4 against region 2 and claim their undefeated team is so far superior to Region 2's 10-0 team?? Someone care to take a stab at this with facts?

why is that

like i said, gut feeling. nothings guaranteed, obviously, i just feel gallatin is capible of getting it done, just like riverdale is. that doesnt mean i think there a better team than us, just saying that out of respect for the program. plus, to go into detail, coach lytle is there now, and while the riverdale offense has changed since he left, he'll still know some about the defense that could arguably be an advantage for them if this matchup takes place.

regardless, you know who i have marked in the W column every round on my bracket, i just think gallatin could give us the best game out of all the possible opponents :rolleyes: