Riverdale vs. Warren County

please tell me why a horrible team would stomp on our arrow .... and what kind of head coach with any class at all lets it happean but got the beating they deserved

Riverdale people you were right this guy is an idiot. Warren Co. head coach and staff are good people. Nobody has said anything about their coaches or players having no class until you. It was some of the players idea to jump on the "R". Matter of fact the players were told by the coaches when they came off to the sidelines before the kickoff, since you jumped on that you better bring it. You are waking up a giant. I think it was good to see WC with that kink of emotion and intensity for the best team in the midstate. The players said all the coaches were stunned when it happened. Different teams have different ways of getting fired up. That is the 1st time WC has done anything like that all year. Riverdale you guys have a great team. Good luck and win the state for Middle Tennessee.

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why did the ref throw a flag on that??

I guess they were just trying to fire everyone up?

From what I could tell, while the Pioneers where doing their warm-up jumping jacks on the logo at midfield, one of the officials asked them to 'move along' and a couple of the kids turned and said something to the official while they continued to get loose and the official didn't take kindly to what the kids had to say ;) Just a guess?

Riverdale people you were right this guy is an idiot. Warren Co. head coach and staff are good people. Nobody has said anything about their coaches or players having no class until you. It was some of the players idea to jump on the "R". Matter of fact the players were told by the coaches when they came off to the sidelines before the kickoff, since you jumped on that you better bring it. You are waking up a giant. I think it was good to see WC with that kink of emotion and intensity for the best team in the midstate. The players said all the coaches were stunned when it happened. Different teams have different ways of getting fired up. That is the 1st time WC has done anything like that all year. Riverdale you guys have a great team. Good luck and win the state for Middle Tennessee.

Couldn't say it better myself.. I think it was no disrespect to Riverdale, just a way to get the WC boys fired up... Like he said they had 0 confidence

Couldn't say it better myself.. I think it was no disrespect to Riverdale, just a way to get the WC boys fired up... Like he said they had 0 confidence

If you are playing a top team like RIverdale the last thing you want to do is wake them up like that we found it kinda funny and their coaches were right if you are gonna do that you better bring it. they did a good job on the first drive on going for it on 4th and 1 but i thught when it was 4th and 2 i thought they shuld go for it then too but the punter did a GREAT job of pinning us deep because we had to play defense to prevent a fake so it worked out they got the ball back with good feild positon and but didnt do anything with it good game please come back next week to seethe Lincoln COunty game should be a good crowd as LC usually brings a crowd this game will be a lot more intense.

GO WARRIORS

#50 I'll grant you can make plays but unfortunately he is miserable in the classroom. And that matters nowadays as far as the NCAA is concerned. Too Bad!!!! Everybody keeps ignoring #43, a kid with HEART and ability. Watch what happens; he WILL play college ball and he is SMART in the classroom!!! He has been recruited already by 3 schools and is going to a school in Kentucky Saturday to visit. #56 will also play college ball somwhere. The days of stupid jocks are over; they have to make the grades as well as play the game!

I'm not sure who told you that, but your name is old school pioneer, and i guess you are getting old

But Todd Dunn has as a gpa over 3... I think he told me the other day it was 3.2

And i know he made over 19 on the act

So you need to get the facts straight before you get on here and basically call someone stupid.

He's not to stupid if Vandy is looking at him

Getting tired of parents getting on here, and saying something they don't know anything about

Edited by FrOnTrOlLbRo_31

I would say that #50 is anything but stupid. Check his ACT, I believe he has already qualified for entrance to Vandy as well as others. As far as 43 and 56, good luck to them both. Shame you can't wish it for the rest of your hometown boys.

First off , I have deleted my posts on this thread. Next this is only for #50, his parents , aunts, uncles, girlfriends, 1st, 2nd, 3rd cousins and anyone else that I ticked off. I appologize for my POOR choice of words. #50 was and is a darn good football player. I hope he plays college ball and makes McMinnville folks proud. The classroom remark resulted from some remarks over heard from some fellow students at the high school, which can now only mean apparently they were full of "it" . As for the part about #43 and #56; there certainly were several other players who did a good job against Riverdale #22, #10, #28, #79, #34 come to mind but they all did play well during the first 2 quarters. I spoke to #43's mom at half time and she said they had to get up early the next morning to go to visit a school in Kentucky, and that her son had gotten interest in 2 or 3 other schools; I already knew #56 has had similar interests in him as well. I did not single them out from the rest of the team. And for my remark about "The days of stupid jocks are over" . This was again poor wording. I meant that ANYONE looking to go to college to play ball nowadays must meet much tougher academic core class requirements and it will get even tougher in the next 2 or 3 years. And that is true; That is straight out of the NCAA Clearing House book. By the way, just for the record; the minimum required ACT score for a school such as Vanderbilt is 25. Now that I have said all that, I have decided to discontinue my membership with this forum. I am not "Politically Correct" enough for you people. And for you boys who think I'm so old; just wait, your time is coming, it only seemed like 5 years ago when I was out on the field doing my thing. A wise man once said "Ignorance is wasted on the young". And another said, "Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt". I guess I fall into the latter category. Anyway I'm done, so all of you go on and keep doing your little bashing routines on here, Rip me some more if that makes you feel big, but remember I won't be here. Now I must go drink a can of Ensure and go to bed.

Edited by OldSchoolPioneer

as for the refs throwing a flag on warrend co. for stomping on the arrow, it could be a penalty by rule for taunting. since riverdale was still on the sideline and they threw their spear into the center of the field when they ran out then the ref didnt penalize warren co. for their actions. but the flag obviously sent a message.

FROM SUNDAY'S SOUTHERN STANDARD:

Watching the Warriors — who have won four state crowns and finished runner-up five times since 1993 — celebrate their latest playoff win, Madewell drew comparisons between Riverdale’s club, which hasn’t missed the playoffs since the 1990 campaign, and his own, which made back-to-back playoff trips for the first time in school history.

“You see them, and they’re at the level where we want to be,” he said. “And honestly, I don’t think we’re that far behind being at that level.

“I think we saw several times during this game that we can play with those guys, and be competitive against that kind of team. So if we can keep building -- working hard in the weight room, and working during the off-season, we can reach the level where we’re a playoff team year-in and year-out, and where we’re hungry for it every year.”

First off , I have deleted my posts on this thread. Next this is only for #50, his parents , aunts, uncles, girlfriends, 1st, 2nd, 3rd cousins and anyone else that I ticked off. I appologize for my POOR choice of words. #50 was and is a darn good football player. I hope he plays college ball and makes McMinnville folks proud. The classroom remark resulted from some remarks over heard from some fellow students at the high school, which can now only mean apparently they were full of "it" . As for the part about #43 and #56; there certainly were several other players who did a good job against Riverdale #22, #10, #28, #79, #34 come to mind but they all did play well during the first 2 quarters. I spoke to #43's mom at half time and she said they had to get up early the next morning to go to visit a school in Kentucky, and that her son had gotten interest in 2 or 3 other schools; I already knew #56 has had similar interests in him as well. I did not single them out from the rest of the team. And for my remark about "The days of stupid jocks are over" . This was again poor wording. I meant that ANYONE looking to go to college to play ball nowadays must meet much tougher academic core class requirements and it will get even tougher in the next 2 or 3 years. And that is true; That is straight out of the NCAA Clearing House book. By the way, just for the record; the minimum required ACT score for a school such as Vanderbilt is 25. Now that I have said all that, I have decided to discontinue my membership with this forum. I am not "Politically Correct" enough for you people. And for you boys who think I'm so old; just wait, your time is coming, it only seemed like 5 years ago when I was out on the field doing my thing. A wise man once said "Ignorance is wasted on the young". And another said, "Better to be silent and thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt". I guess I fall into the latter category. Anyway I'm done, so all of you go on and keep doing your little bashing routines on here, Rip me some more if that makes you feel big, but remember I won't be here. Now I must go drink a can of Ensure and go to bed.

No one wants too rip you, but you just don't need too come on here and call someone stupid.

FROM SUNDAY'S SOUTHERN STANDARD:

Watching the Warriors — who have won four state crowns and finished runner-up five times since 1993 — celebrate their latest playoff win, Madewell drew comparisons between Riverdale’s club, which hasn’t missed the playoffs since the 1990 campaign, and his own, which made back-to-back playoff trips for the first time in school history.

“You see them, and they’re at the level where we want to be,” he said. “And honestly, I don’t think we’re that far behind being at that level.

“I think we saw several times during this game that we can play with those guys, and be competitive against that kind of team. So if we can keep building -- working hard in the weight room, and working during the off-season, we can reach the level where we’re a playoff team year-in and year-out, and where we’re hungry for it every year.”

I agree somewhat. I think WC played tough and competitive the first half. Turnovers will kill you playing against anybody. Riverdale is at thel level that we want to be at. I was at the game and felt we were competitive early. "If" we had some of those great backs(athletes) they had, we could of kept some drives going offensively. It would of been a closer game. Probably not a win but a closer game. I think Madewell and his staff did a good job this year. A few more natural athletes and I think the program will be able to beat and not just compete with the big guys in the region and midstate. Great job Pioneers! You had a great season. You fans in WC need to get off the coaches back and support. You guys think you know so much,go help coach and make us better. Quit talking behind their backs and go coach. If I thought I knew enough to help out i would volunteer my time to help the program.

I agree somewhat. I think WC played tough and competitive the first half. Turnovers will kill you playing against anybody. Riverdale is at thel level that we want to be at. I was at the game and felt we were competitive early. "If" we had some of those great backs(athletes) they had, we could of kept some drives going offensively. It would of been a closer game. Probably not a win but a closer game. I think Madewell and his staff did a good job this year. A few more natural athletes and I think the program will be able to beat and not just compete with the big guys in the region and midstate. Great job Pioneers! You had a great season. You fans in WC need to get off the coaches back and support. You guys think you know so much,go help coach and make us better. Quit talking behind their backs and go coach. If I thought I knew enough to help out i would volunteer my time to help the program.

We have enough athletes to be good. We just need an offensive coach who knows how to call plays. It looks like we have 3 running plays and 3 pass plays. Every pass play is a 5 step drop and the receiver runs a deep out. Their is never a receiver in the middle of the field. The coach has got know the blitz is coming but he still calls for a dropback. Other teams start rolling out to get more time. We don't run any misdirection plays, no traps, no reverses, we don't even let the quaterback run the ball. How many times over the past few years have we seen the outside open for a bootleg? Madwell and Harris need to step down.

We have enough athletes to be good. We just need an offensive coach who knows how to call plays. It looks like we have 3 running plays and 3 pass plays. Every pass play is a 5 step drop and the receiver runs a deep out. Their is never a receiver in the middle of the field. The coach has got know the blitz is coming but he still calls for a dropback. Other teams start rolling out to get more time. We don't run any misdirection plays, no traps, no reverses, we don't even let the quaterback run the ball. How many times over the past few years have we seen the outside open for a bootleg? Madwell and Harris need to step down.

Really? Who you going to hire? I don't see any big time coaches knocking on the door. The quaterack runs it 2 out of 5 times when there is a pass play anyways. I seen Moran run many traps this year. You guys love to ask for coaches to step down, even when you don't have anyone to replace them. To be honest, I am just glad we have people on the staff that care about the players and program. NObody was calling for them to lose their jobs last year. You guys seem to pop up when we lose a game or two. Suprise a new poster.