ONEIDA VS. HAMPTON

leisha24

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do believe that Oneida has a chance at the upset. There are several things the Indians must do to win.

*Hold Hampton to 14 points or less

*Get a score with the sepcial teams or set up one with the defense

*Adam Jeffers needs 20-plus carries

*Zack Lambert needs 6-8 touches on offense

*Stay close for 3 quarters (if the game is a TD or less heading into final quarter then the pressure is on Hampton)

Should be a great game.

1.) Won't happen. Oneida will need to score at least 28 points and hold Hampton to under four scores to win.

2.) If the Bulldogs have another night of fumble-itis, it could happen. I don't think it will after last week's struggle in the first half.

3.) It could happen, but he won't get nowhere. Nobody's ran the football well on Hampton all season long. He won't get past Division I prospect Steven Roop.

4.) Lambert is dangerous. I'm sure Hampton knows that.

5.) I agree if it's a close game late, somebody will make a mistake. If Oneida can keep it close until the fourth, they'll have a shot.

I don't forsee an upset. These Dogs are fired up. They don't want to go through a 2003 CAK type deal.

I do believe that Oneida has a chance at the upset. There are several things the Indians must do to win.

*Hold Hampton to 14 points or less

*Get a score with the sepcial teams or set up one with the defense

*Adam Jeffers needs 20-plus carries

*Zack Lambert needs 6-8 touches on offense

*Stay close for 3 quarters (if the game is a TD or less heading into final quarter then the pressure is on Hampton)

Should be a great game.

KING I agree with everything you have said. If the D keeps going and holds to 14 the tribe should win. The offense showed some sparks on the ground last week with big plays as well as some big first downs in the air. Oneida has shown to be a better second half team than first, so stay tight and then take it in the 4th. Dont care how its done if you get a W just get it.

Good luck to all the Bulldogs, And to the Bulldog fans, Lets make some noise for them boys. Hope Both teams have a safe Injury free game and safe travels to the Oneida fans.........LETS GO BULLDOGS!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks to all the bulldog fans who have wished us a safe journey. i'm looking forward to a great game between two teams that belong in the playoffs. Oneida has got to play a perfect game tonite be physical,take advantage of mistakes, don't let down on special teams,tackle,hit, and oh yeah did i mention be physical ;) time to get mean :blink: and hungry boys

Kaz says the crystal ball is clearing up and the stars say.........

: Hampton finds some running room early behind Roop and gets the games first score. However, the Indians managed to stiffen in the Red Zone, and the Bulldogs only get a chip shot 3 points.

: Oneida puts the next points on the board, although I can't tell if it is in their first or second possession. Regardless, it puts the Indians up 7 - 3 after the extra point.

: Hampton 1 TO in first half/Oneida 1 TO in first half - neither lead to scores

: 7 - 3 after two quarters.

: Oneida puts another TD on the board in the third and again makes the PAT 14 - 3.

: Fourth Quarter begins with Hampton in Oneida Territory, and Jaynes gets loose for the TD. Extra Point is good 14 - 10.

: Oneida returns the favor with a big Kickoff return. Scores a short field TD with about 4:30 to go. Indians 21 - 10

: Hampton tries to get a quick score and is intercepted by Buttram of Oneida. The Indians try to burn clock, but punt the ball back to Hampton with just under 2:00 to go.

: With no realistic shot of catching the Tribe, Hampton is unable to get another score, as the Indians win it 21 - 10. :lol:

:o Kaz :o

ps kaz and gut wrench gary climb into the hummer and set off to find old Betsy, a turbo charged 425 Chevolet Vega Station Wagon painted in Metalic Brown! :thumb: