volunteer vs. tennessee

bomber68

Volunteers defense is playing light out. They are probably the most physical defense in East Tennessee. Not the biggest or fastest but the team that will hit you in the mouth and help you up and then do it again. Tennessee High will get luck if they score 14 against this defense. I got Volunteer winning 21 to 7.

Most physical defense in East TN? :lol:

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Volunteers defense is playing light out. They are probably the most physical defense in East Tennessee. Not the biggest or fastest but the team that will hit you in the mouth and help you up and then do it again. Tennessee High will get luck if they score 14 against this defense. I got Volunteer winning 21 to 7.

Most physical defense in TN!?!?!?! :lol: --- BULL SH**!!!!!!!!!!!

VIKINGS-----ANNIHILATE THE FALCONS!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

VIKING PRIDE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Edited by athlete269

Tn High's front 4 on Def was the best I've seen all season. They will pressure Cradic and cause plenty of problems,VHS's defense is not the most physical,they may keep coming at you,but that doesn't mean the hits hurt as much. They are a good team though,and this will be a close game. Volunteer is not some lucky team that barely made the playoffs,they dominated people near the end of the year. None of those teams were as fast as Tn High though. Good luck to both

Tn High-28

Volunteer-14

I think Volunteer has a great chance of scoring an upset this week against the Vikings. We match up well against THS. Our ONLY weakness this year on Defense has been defending the pass against teams that could throw, and last I heard, THS can not throw the football. The way our offense has improved this year we don't really have any weaknesses as of late. Could have scored 50 on Cocke County, and over 40 on Cherokee.

Bottom line is this: if we could start the season over and play all our games with the team we have right now, we would be 8-2, and that's a fact. THS is 8-2.

I don't know how much Tennessee High has improved this year, but I saw them in the MLC jamboree and was not impressed. Thier defense looked average and could not tackle well, and their offense looked one dimensional.

No, I'm not promising a win or anything, but I do think it will be a very close game. I hope the Vikings over look us.

We will be ready, our players believe!!!

Edited by sgoinseagle4life

Volunteer[/url'>Falcon12' post='826218155' date='Oct 29 2006 - 10:21 PM']

if you need proof..ask Boone's runningbacks haha

Boone lost their top 3 running backs and it still took double overtime for Volunteer to win. What would Volunteer be like without their top 3 running backs? At least you have that win to remember after Friday night is over with.

I think Volunteer has a great chance of scoring an upset this week against the Vikings. We match up well against THS. Our ONLY weakness this year on Defense has been defending the pass against teams that could throw, and last I heard, THS can not throw the football. The way our offense has improved this year we don't really have any weaknesses as of late. Could have scored 50 on Cocke County, and over 40 on Cherokee.

Bottom line is this: if we could start the season over and play all our games with the team we have right now, we would be 8-2, and that's a fact. THS is 8-2.

I don't know how much Tennessee High has improved this year, but I saw them in the MLC jamboree and was not impressed. Thier defense looked average and could not tackle well, and their offense looked one dimensional.

No, I'm not promising a win or anything, but I do think it will be a very close game. I hope the Vikings over look us.

I wouldn't put much stock in the jamborees. Tennessee tied North last year in the jamboree. They later beat them 44-6 in a real game.

Tennessee's offense is pretty basic. They're going to run right at the defense. They might throw about four or five times, maybe.

Well they won't be be believing when they have to drive back to Volunteer after losing to us. Sorry, but it will be you last game of this season. THS will move on and go to Mo West and hopefully pull an upset there. We would really like to move on to South again. I believe THS is becoming the team they are. The defense hads played stout all year and the O looks to be getting on track. Go VIKES!!!

PS The weakness of your offense is the FORTRESS!!!

I love this! I love it when people choose us to lose. All of you doubters are what we need to pull a massive upset on TN High. Their biggest mistake is looking past us to West. I can't wait until Friday Night. I have a feeling that we will also have motivation when we look across the field and see Mr. Brad Stubbs. I'll make no predictions because I don't know, but come Friday night I highly doubt the score will be a 44 pnt. difference. GO FALCONS!

How you gonna try and talk smack on the subject of a coach..?...Apperently you aren't a play-maker cuz if you were...let's just say...you would have better things to talk about..