volunteer vs. tennessee

bomber68

Volunteers defense is playing light out. They are probably the most physical defense in East Tennessee. Not the biggest or fastest but the team that will hit you in the mouth and help you up and then do it again. Tennessee High will get luck if they score 14 against this defense. I got Volunteer winning 21 to 7.

The most THE MOST PHYSICAL DEFENSE IN EAST TENNESSEE....really? That's NOT including The Defense of Tenn. High right? Because if you included Tenn High in that category, and still said that about VHS....than im pretty sure i would, well......Laugh!

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don’t know much of anything about Volunteer football other than they kept a single thread going for the entire year last year. A little weird…but impressive!

The only thing that I have to go by is your schedule, your record, and the teams you have played. And just taking this into consideration, and reading some of the volunteer posts on this thread…one would have to come to the conclusion that REALITY is getting ready to smack you guys in the mouth…REAL HARD!!!!!!!

I don’t know much of anything about Volunteer football other than they kept a single thread going for the entire year last year. A little weird…but impressive!

The only thing that I have to go by is your schedule, your record, and the teams you have played. And just taking this into consideration, and reading some of the volunteer posts on this thread…one would have to come to the conclusion that REALITY is getting ready to smack you guys in the mouth…REAL HARD!!!!!!!

C'mon Cap, they haven't let reality smack them yet...they've done a pretty good job of ducking it actually. It seems to be working for them. Good luck Vikings...you have some of the best fans on CoachT supporting you.

Volunteer players please stay off this thread. Dont get caught up in all this garbage, stay quit and focused like you have been and let your playn do the talkn.This garbage just gets u mad, theres a difference in motivation and anger.U been learning how to win and dont revert back to old ways.This is not how to win, playn football with anger is a big misconsepsion. U cant play qaulity football angry you get fustrated and the focus is not there. U must play football with total focus on your responsibility and controlled aggression. U cant be mad running around like a wild child out there and maintain your responsibilities. You start tryn to make big hits when there not there instead of just locking up, leading to miss tackles. And spend more time fighting and tryn to punish the guy in front of you instead of coming off the block and make a play.Yeah you may whip him like a dog but if the ball carrier comes right by you and gains 9 or 10 yds when u could have stopped him for 2 or 3 yd game.Who is really whippen who?Stay focused and out of this garbage you dont get respect for whipping a team all over the field but losing on the scoreboard.Stay within yourselves and as a team be focused and play with controlled aggression.With one goal, each man do his responsability and trusting the other to take care of his, and the only whipping be on the scoreboard.U get in a pissn match and you will lose, dont waste what youve learned about winning.The only way you get any respect is to win, regaurdless of what else happens on the field.Dont be satisfied with playn a tough or close game, it will get you no where you must refuse to lose.Tenn. High is good but there not that good, if you play there game they will embaress you, you must focus and play your game.They have many weaknesses and you must take advantage of those, dont play to there strengths be patient.I can tell you how to beat them, and i trust your staff will see it.Stay out of the garbage and keep your talk together within the team, and keep it on what you guys must do and on being focused and ready.Listen and share with your coaches, trust each other, dont panic, be patient and focused and you will win.Football is like all team sports, its not about beating the opponent, its about being a team and beating the game.Stay within the game, limit mistakes,take care of the ball and your own individual assignments and execute, you beat the game and beat the opponent no matter who it is..Talkin bout Boone and Cherokee has no bearing with the Vikings and going to win you the game.Those games mean sqat to the here and now!!!!! Edited by backinblack

I watched the Volunteer - Morristown West game earlier this season and was very impressed as to the determination and heart the whole Falcon team showed that night. I think the Viking faithful will be as impressed, also, as they watch Volunteer. With that said, though, I just think that Tennessee will bring more than Volunteer can handle on Friday night. Tennessee to win by 17 and move on to the 2nd round.

What you saw of Volunteer at MoWest was a lot of heart but without much execution. These guys are a totally different team than they were in week 2. I don't know if we have enough to beat TN High or not but nobody thought we would stay on the field with Boone or Cherokee. I think TN High is a little better than Boone and they are capable of whipping Volunteer if there are mistakes or any kind of a let down.

But if Volunteer plays like they have the last three weeks, the coaches continue to make the necessary adjustments during the game, and limit the turnovers and penalties...then TN High will be in for a shock....I am in no way predicting a win I just do not believe you will see a TN High - North game. And if Volunteer is able to keep it close and get any momentum it will be interesting.

I hope you keep looking to get to MoWest or to get back at South.

GO FALCONS.....WE BELIEVE IN YOU GUYS!!!

backinblack & randy3116, you guys are class acts. i appreciate what you bring to the boards. no smack talk just insightful opinions. wish there was more of that on here. congats to the falcons so far this year but players stay off these boards nothing good can come from posting here. let the non-players do the talk, you guys focus on playing. bnb, sorry about dissing north on the other thread, just responding to a shot fired from a less enlightened poster from your school. thanks for your support. here's to a safe hard played game by both teams.

Well they won't be be believing when they have to drive back to Volunteer after losing to us. Sorry, but it will be you last game of this season. THS will move on and go to Mo West and hopefully pull an upset there. We would really like to move on to South again. I believe THS is becoming the team they are. The defense hads played stout all year and the O looks to be getting on track. Go VIKES!!!

PS The weakness of your offense is the FORTRESS!!!

CAN NONE OF YOU FALCON FANS READ!?!?!?! TRY READING THIS AGAIN!!

Oh, and By the way...Apparently half of you on here didn't watch the game against North. We were passing the ball VERY well and did it more than once or twice.

And who honestly bases games on the "jamboree"...gimme a break!!!!!!!!! South looked TERRIBLE at the jamboree and look a whole lot better now!

Some of you need a reality check!!!!!!!!!!

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :blink:

Edited by athlete269