Cheatham Co. @ South Side

footballfan99

I have no doubt that SS is very good.......just how strong was their schedule????

Their coaching will not take them to the BIG SHOW. Hayes has had so many "talented" teams and what has happened???

IF....and I mean IF......SS beats CC by 35...then you are looking at a contender......but as I have said many times before........

"IF...ifs and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have a Merry Christmas!!!!"

OK Steve from Lexington.... :lol:

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know anything about Region 6 but other than Lipscomb, 5 doesnt have much. Very competitive but Cheatham and Spring Hill will both probably be dominated and don't be surprised to see 9-1 Giles County go down either.

Who is this guy to talk? Last I looked our teams are ranked higher in the polls than Region 6. Get up to date man.

I think CC gives JSS all they want. The cubs have improved as the year has gone along. Also, they have playoff experience from last year. The biggest thing that will help CC is if JSS is looking ahead to the second or third round matchup with Lipscomb.

If JSS is slow out of the gate, look for CC gain confidence and make this one a game.

I totally agree, Cheatham County will give them all they want physically. You have to give Cheatham County that, they WILL hit you. Go Region 5.

Who is this guy to talk? Last I looked our teams are ranked higher in the polls than Region 6. Get up to date man.

I totally agree, Cheatham County will give them all they want physically. You have to give Cheatham County that, they WILL hit you. Go Region 5.

you are living in a quasi-reality world..... step back and think about what you are saying...... :huh:

The difference now in South Side as compared to years past is Coach Driggers the new Def Coordinator. He is a great coach, he really understands the game.

No, the difference definitely isn't Driggers. The difference would have to be the kids. They are the ones with the drive ....... they don't quit.....Some of these kids have played together since they were 6 years old. They know each other. They believe in each other. Driggers, no I don't think so!

I have no doubt that SS is very good.......just how strong was their schedule????

Southside went to 4A Henry Co. and pulled out a win, thats a huge measuring stick. You may look at HC's schedule and say that they are just 6-4, but they were 25 points from being undefeated, they have the 5th toughest schedule in 4A, and they lost to teams like 10-0 5A Ridgeway and 8-2 5A Dickson Co. I agree with you when you say region 6 is not as strong across the board as region 5. But Southside played a tough out of region schedule, they played up and beat 4A teams.

Southside went to 4A Henry Co. and pulled out a win, thats a huge measuring stick. You may look at HC's schedule and say that they are just 6-4, but they were 25 points from being undefeated, they have the 5th toughest schedule in 4A, and they lost to teams like 10-0 5A Ridgeway and 8-2 5A Dickson Co. I agree with you when you say region 6 is not as strong across the board as region 5. But Southside played a tough out of region schedule, they played up and beat 4A teams.

I agree that both JCM & Henry Co. were both very tough non-region games. Region 6-3A has three decent, not great, teams outside of JSS. They are Lexington, Bolivar, & Fayette Ware. There are five good wins on the JSS schedule. I'll give JSS the benefit of the doubt for beating a quality 1A Playoff team in JCS. There are six quality wins for the unbeaten Hawks of Jackson South Side. Jackson North Side, Chester Co., Liberty, & McNairy Central had a combined 10 WINS on the year. That is it. I'll agree that JSS played a reasonably tough schedule and looked good throughout the season.

Cheatham will not be shut out. They are just as physically strong (if not stronger) as most of the teams in the state. After playing the likes of David Lipscomb, Cheatham will definitely not get shut out. I feel like there will be some trickery and some surprises up Coach Finely's sleeve in this game(including those involving Joey Beach), and Cheatham may win in a very close one. I'm predicting a very physical effort by Cheatham. However, just because of the talent, I naturally have to pick South Side.

South Side-45

Cheatham-38

Edited by melton