6-5A versus 5-5A

hardtackle

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Playoff games in 5A are seldom blowouts. Too much playoff pressure, not enough teams that would qualify as vastly superior to everyone they play. In most cases, there is not a tremendous amount of physical difference between a 1 and a 4 seed. In the smaller classifications, the disparity of one team having three or four horses or more depth is more apparent.

What the differences that usually show up are coaching ability and scheme. Matchups are THE difference maker in 5A ball.

I see Franklin over Hville, only due to my confidence in the Defense and what they've done all year.

After seeing Dickson County - I like their size, their discipline, their defense and their ability to throw the ball to keep defenses honest. My pick - Dickson Co (once again Antioch get's a tough draw)

My knowledge of Brentwood comes primarily from week 5 live, and the rest from channel 9. They have improved since week 5 and they have Crawford - but are still considered young. Hunters Lane from what I have read and heard has quicks but can they sustain the discipline and minimize mistakes. To me this is a Pick-em game.

I think Gallatin is the team to beat of all eight teams in this bracket. Can Ravenwood do it - sure, but Gallatin has alot going for them, and it's a tough place to play for visitors. My Pick - Gallatin.

Round two - let's get through this week first!

Playoff games in 5A are seldom blowouts. Too much playoff pressure, not enough teams that would qualify as vastly superior to everyone they play. In most cases, there is not a tremendous amount of physical difference between a 1 and a 4 seed. In the smaller classifications, the disparity of one team having three or four horses or more depth is more apparent.

What the differences that usually show up are coaching ability and scheme. Matchups are THE difference maker in 5A ball.

Disparity.... now there's a new word I've not seen on coacht ....i:ll have to remember that one.... :o

I actually would have picked Ravenwood over Gallatin, but I feel they lost a lot of the momentum they had in that loss against Dickson Co. I think Gallatin's D will shut down the predominantly run-based Raptor attack and gets on to Round 2.

Gallatin 17 Ravenwood 6

Hendersonville was actually looking good earlier in the year, then again so was Centennial. The late season collapse proved that they cannot perform well when it gets down to the wire. Franklin is easily the best team from 6-5A and they come away with this one.

Franklin 28 Hendersonville 3

Hunters Lane has been a thorn in the side for 65A over the years and this year should be no different. Brentwood should bring their passing game to the field and should test their speedy DBs throughout the game. Although this isn't their year, Brentwood should come away with this one in a close contest.

Brentwood 17 Hunters Lane 14

Dickson Co. is probably the most underrated team in the playoofs. They easily could have beaten Franklin, but a couple bad breaks gave Franklin the win. Antioch has never faired well against their first round opponents and Dickson's defense will make sure that tonight is no exception.

Dickson Co. 31 Antioch 13

What a crazy night in 5a football with 5 #1 seeds going down, its the playoffs and you got to love it. Who would have predicted that region 5 would go 3-1 and their only loser would be Gallatin. I'm sorry, but nobody could have predicted that.

My hat goes out off to all of region 5 and especially Antioch.

Now that DC is out of it, i just hope somebody from this 5/6 bracket can make a run at state, which is completely wide open now.

Good luck to everybody

I actually would have picked Ravenwood over Gallatin, but I feel they lost a lot of the momentum they had in that loss against Dickson Co. I think Gallatin's D will shut down the predominantly run-based Raptor attack and gets on to Round 2.

Gallatin 17 Ravenwood 6

Hendersonville was actually looking good earlier in the year, then again so was Centennial. The late season collapse proved that they cannot perform well when it gets down to the wire. Franklin is easily the best team from 6-5A and they come away with this one.

Franklin 28 Hendersonville 3

Hunters Lane has been a thorn in the side for 65A over the years and this year should be no different. Brentwood should bring their passing game to the field and should test their speedy DBs throughout the game. Although this isn't their year, Brentwood should come away with this one in a close contest.

Brentwood 17 Hunters Lane 14

Dickson Co. is probably the most underrated team in the playoofs. They easily could have beaten Franklin, but a couple bad breaks gave Franklin the win. Antioch has never faired well against their first round opponents and Dickson's defense will make sure that tonight is no exception.

Dickson Co. 31 Antioch 13

Ouch. 0 for 4.

It's okay, I was 1 for 4. I think just about everybody was...what a Friday night.

I will say this, Region 6 was tough this season as far as the level of competition was fairly even among the teams in it. However, the region is in a down year as a whole, especially when compared to the level it has been at in recent years.

I thought that Ravenwood was the best team I had seen all season and I still think they can make Region 6 very proud with a potential State Run...let's cross our fingers at least.

I like the Ravenwood/Antioch winner to go to the Semis at least, possibly state.

Edited by donathan5507