FAIRVIEW vs. LEWIS COUNTY

Stat_pack1

in all honesty, don is right....gp, cpa, lc, and camden are the best teams of the regions...thats a no brainer, i mean they are #s 1 and 2....fairview and waverly are both #3...both lost big to the #1 and 2 teams, so really they are jus about even...if these two teams were to play each other right now it would be a good game, very close...but i would have to give the W to waverly...they git better each game and will be in top shape this week...i know that we'l see a good game out at cpa....and in lewis county, i dont know if itl be as good as u ppl keep sayin....at home lewis county is almost unstopable..they only lost 1 game at home and that was to the best team in region 6 and it was only by 6 points...lewis county should easily take the W as long as they dont play like they did against riverside...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen Waverly play? Didn't think so. I assume you are from Fairview since you're talking this way. Who has Fairview beat? They are only better than the lower tier of their region. When Fairview played their top two teams they were beat 62-19 and 51-6. When Waverly played their top two they were beat 24-0 and 41-9. Ummm......

I believe Fairview beat 2 3A playoff teams. Who did Wavery play in their non-region games? Hickman Co. and a 1-9 Montgomery Central team. Wow, that is tough. They even lost to Hickman Co. Maybe the Fairview losses were so bad cause CPA and Goodpasture are that good. Did you ever think about that. I have come to the conclusion people in Waverly do not have the slightest idea about football. Let's just wait to Friday and see what happens.

L/C, I never said Fairview was better than Lewis back in the early 2000s, so your posting of those scores are irrelevant. Like I said ask donhaney or anyone who has been around Lewis Co. awhile and ask them what region was tougher.

I believe Fairview beat 2 3A playoff teams. Who did Wavery play in their non-region games? Hickman Co. and a 1-9 Montgomery Central team. Wow, that is tough. They even lost to Hickman Co. Maybe the Fairview losses were so bad cause CPA and Goodpasture are that good. Did you ever think about that. I have come to the conclusion people in Waverly do not have the slightest idea about football. Let's just wait to Friday and see what happens.

L/C, I never said Fairview was better than Lewis back in the early 2000s, so your posting of those scores are irrelevant. Like I said ask donhaney or anyone who has been around Lewis Co. awhile and ask them what region was tougher.

Gerry, can't believe you would say that about me, a good friend of yours :thumb:

But I still have to take Lewis Co. in this. Based on their exceptional playing against Camden. And my views from Fairview are from seeing them play last year, very very good football team. I just think LC has the upper hand. I don't remember what my prediction was, but im changing it to a 10 point game.

And Fairview people, please don't tell me....

"Well Fairview is much better than last year, so don't think about last years team, its a new year!"

Don't tell me that, i know that, i just think LC will win this game. It helps LC that its in Hohenwald as well.

That would be strictly an opinion....different time....different decade....apples to oranges. It would be like us ol' timers telling the young ones.."back when we played we were..." if you know what I mean...maybe back then the teams were more evenly matched than they are today....or the level of the others remain the same ..after all they are competitive against each other....but the two from both districts have just improved that much more than the others.

Have you seen Waverly play? Didn't think so. I assume you are from Fairview since you're talking this way. Who has Fairview beat? They are only better than the lower tier of their region. When Fairview played their top two teams they were beat 62-19 and 51-6. When Waverly played their top two they were beat 24-0 and 41-9. Ummm......

ummm...what...they will get it like the others!!lol

Back to the game... can anyone in Lewis Co. tell me what happened to Chris Hatton? He has only rushed 600 and change this year. He had an excellent sophmore and junior year. I thought he would be at least double that this year. I saw a bright future from him two years ago, has he been slowed by injury?

I know he suffered a high ankle injury early in the year..but don't know about any others.

Heard some news today....LCHS has a couple of starters injured this week...broken wrist on one and arm on the other......both defensive......so that could make a differance....who knows

first of all im from lewis county and your saying yall coulda have scored 17 points on camden.i highly doubt it you might have scored on them but im guessing it wasnt on there 1st string.beacause the way camden and yalls team both played us i know theres no way yall could scored 17 points unless they had there lil guys in... i mean we were beating yall 24-0 at halftime and we subbed the second half and yall still couldnt score. and we played camden we left our 1st string in and it ended up 0-6..im sure if we played camdens lil guys im sure our 1st string would at least score .not trying 2 down camden i have alot of respect for camden they had good sports man ship and where telling us 2 get our heads up and i respect them for that.....that shows class :thumb: anyway we just got to get focused for fridays game against fairview its gonna be a good game ..im hoping that we will be ready for the challage aheadof us...i can guarantee that im going to be at the game come friday.good luck panthers and good luck to fairview.lets have a good clean football game.

Edited by Lc pride

first of all im form lewis county and your sying yall coulda have scored 17 points on camden.i highly dought it you might have scored on them but im guessing it wasnt on there 1st string.beacause the way camden and yalls team both played us i know theres no wya yall could scored 17 points unless they had there lil guys in... i mean we where beating yall 24-0 at halftime and we subbed the second half and yall still couldnt score. and we played camden we left our 1st string in and it ended up 0-6..im sure if we played camdens lil guys im sure our 1wst string would at least score .not tryign 2 sown camden i have alot of respect for camden they ahd good sports man ship and where tellign us 2 get our heads up and i respect them for that.....that shows class :lol:

I will answer the first question first. Yes, it was against the first string. It was with 4 minutes to go in the first half, we had already scored 9 and was knocking on the door. If we had of scored, it would've been 34-17 at the half.

The second question, you must have not been at the Lewis/Waverly game or you would know that Lewis played their starters the whole game. Yes it was 24-0 at half but two touchdowns came on turnovers and when the game was done yall only had 60 more total yards than us. Hatton and Greve ran the last three plays of the ball game for you all to preserve the win. The starters were in the whole way. In fact, before those last 3 runs, Lewis only had 45 total yards in second half. Make sure you have your facts straight.

Before you say I don't know, I do. I broadcast the game and we have to keep up with who is in or out of the game. Lewis County played their starters the whole game.

Edited by papatiger

I will answer the first question first. Yes, it was against the first string. It was with 4 minutes to go in the first half, we had already scored 9 and was knocking on the door. If we had of scored, it would've been 34-17 at the half.

The second question, you must have not been at the Lewis/Waverly game or you would know that Lewis played their starters the whole game. Yes it was 24-0 at half but two touchdowns came on turnovers and when the game was done yall only had 60 more total yards than us. Hatton and Greve ran the last three plays of the ball game for you all to preserve the win. The starters were in the whole way. In fact, before those last 3 runs, Lewis only had 45 total yards in second half. Make sure you have your facts straight.

Before you say I don't know, I do. I broadcast the game and we have to keep up with who is in or out of the game. Lewis County played their starters the whole game.

Fact.......It was 34-9 at half...(almost doesn't count on the score board)

Fact......Lewis was using subs through out the game...Mr. Sharp rotates his people reg.

Fact......Touchdowns on turnovers is part of the game..in every game and they count the same as if it wasn't.

Your statement of "Hatton and Greve ran the last three plays ...to preserve the win" Not quite accurate.....it was 24-0.......the game was decided and they were running out the clock.

Lewis did not score the second half they went completely flat for whatever reason, but as it turned out they didn't need to...scoring 24 the first half ended up being enough.

Can't believe this is still being discussed....weeks ago this took place....and all of the 6aa.....is concentrating on this fridays games....I guess the way everyone looks at a game is up for each individuals view.

ANYWAY..........GOOD LUCK with DCA...lets hope the 6 shows itself!