Lebanon at Lincoln County

tdluna

What a game! What a game this will be! Those Blue Devils will be rollion tonight. I mean rollin over those Lincoln county folks. Lebanon will bring there A++ game tonight and walk out of the Pittyful PIT winners tonight. B) I would put my money where my BIG mouth is. Anyone know the best route to go and how long it takes to get there. Meetcha there boyz and girlz. B)

Just in case you didn't notice, it makes you look really stupid to all the people reading the post the day after you lose when you say garbage like that. Just givin you a heads up.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

L.C. was definately lucky to hang on for the victory after leading 24-0 with 8 mins. to go in the game. I don't think that we were in a prevent defense, it just got to the point that Lebanon couldn't do anything wrong and we couldn't do anything right. There's no excuse for Lebanon getting those 2 on-sides kicks there late in the game, it seemed like our guys were just lying back there about 12 or so yards from the kick off and waiting for the ball to come to them instead of going after it, no excuse at all.

But that having been said, the last two onside kicks Lebanon was offsides on both and neither was called, from where we were sitting (right on the forty yd. line) it was obivious and on the last one Lebanon had at least 3 guys that were past the line before the ball was kicked and it for whatever reason it was not called. Lebanon's coach stayed out on the field for at least 5 or 6 mins. yelling or argueing with the refs about the call on the last one but it was also obivious that the ball was touched by Lebanon on the 48 yard line and the ball has to go ten yards before it can be recovered and it only went 8 yards. It almost got ugly after the game as a few Lebanon assisants went after the refs screaming at them at the top of their lungs, but in this case they made the right call. But there were several other calls made during the game that were questionable to say the least for both teams, including an inadverent whistle that stopped a play in the middle of it when Chris Shelton was still running on the option and play was stopped. ;)

If lebanon had played the whole game like they played the last 8 mins they would have won, but they didn't, and that's their fault, not the refs, and I know that someone will get on here and blame the loss on the refs. and that's not the case at all. It is a 48 min. game not an 8 min game.

I know that a win is a win but if we play defense next week like we played the final 8 mins. tonight we will get completely blown out by Riverdale, but that goes without being said. It's hard to explain how you blow a 24 point lead with 8 mins. to go in the game though :thumb:

And No, Jeremy Ramsey didn't even dress out for the game, he stood on the sidelines in street clothes the whole game, and we used about three different tailbacks, with Matt Moran getting most of the carries.

Just signed up to respond to this post.

Bobby Brown DID NOT blame the loss on the refs. Yes, he did stay on the field arguing the call at the end. But what he was arguing about was that the ref closest to the ball signaled Lebanon ball and the ref from the other side of the field threw the flag.

After the game when he got interviewed on the radio the first words to come out of his mouth was that....we did not lose this game because of that call, we lost because we turned the ball over to much. He said the refs are only human and make mistakes. Also said that there were bad calls but on both sides of the ball.

Lebanon lost because they fumbled the ball into the endzone and also fumbled on the 10 yard line. A muffed punt to give Lincoln county there first scoring drive. An interception in the endzone didn't help either.

But all in all a good year for the Blue Devils to make the playoffs after a 2-8 season last year. I believe next year will be even better. The freshman that went undefeated will now be in their Junior year with alot more football experience.

Just signed up to respond to this post.

Bobby Brown DID NOT blame the loss on the refs. Yes, he did stay on the field arguing the call at the end. But what he was arguing about was that the ref closest to the ball signaled Lebanon ball and the ref from the other side of the field threw the flag.

After the game when he got interviewed on the radio the first words to come out of his mouth was that....we did not lose this game because of that call, we lost because we turned the ball over to much. He said the refs are only human and make mistakes. Also said that there were bad calls but on both sides of the ball.

Lebanon lost because they fumbled the ball into the endzone and also fumbled on the 10 yard line. A muffed punt to give Lincoln county there first scoring drive. An interception in the endzone didn't help either.

But all in all a good year for the Blue Devils to make the playoffs after a 2-8 season last year. I believe next year will be even better. The freshman that went undefeated will now be in their Junior year with alot more football experience.

I hate that you went through all of the trouble to sign up just so you could reply to a post that you read incorrectly. His post does not say anything to the fact that Lebanon's coach blamed the loss on the refs. His post states that "and I know that someone will get on here and blame the loss on the refs". A class coach will never blame a loss on the refs, and Lebanon has a class coach. I had the priviledge of talking to him on the field before the game and he is a very nice guy. Lebanon did hurt themselves with turnovers throughout the game. It is nice to see Lebanon turning things around and getting back to the point that they were back when we had so many good, close games with them each year. Good luck to the Blue Devils in '07!!!! :thumb:

Edited by LCstatman

It was really no trouble at all signing up LCstatman. Took a ll but a couple minutes. :rolleyes:

Sorry I misread the post. I saw where he commented on coach Brown yelling at the refs for 5 or 6 mins. and thought he was saying that coach blamed the loss on that call.

I will try to read better the next time. :lol: