Bearden @ Farragut - Round 1

FHS_Admiral

I gotcha covered catback ! That was mighty nice of you !

Are you sure you're an Oak Ridge fan ? Since when do you guys do nice things for Farragut ? Just kidding.

I'd sure love to get up to OR for the FHS vs. OR game next year. I live in Georgia and it's been a long time since I've seen a Farragut game.

Take care and hope the 'Cats bounce back with a good year next year. (just don't beat the Ads, cause we deserve a few more !)

Yea I'm an Oak Ridge fan, but, I have family and friends that live in Farragut, so I pull for the Ads, as long as it's not the Oak Ridge game! Congrats on the win!

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rigger,

How do you feel about always seeming to have to play a tough rival game like Bearden every time in the playoffs? Personally, I think that the TSSAA has broken out the schools into 1 too many classifications. I think the top classification should be 4A instead of 5A. That way there would be more teams in each Division or Region, and probably not the exact same teams making the playoffs in the exact same position each year.

Another alternative to keep from having rematches is the playoffs is to shift the Regions playing each other in the first and second rounds. Instead of having Region 1 play Region 2, perhaps they should change it up and have Region 1 play Region 3 or 4 and have Region 2 play region left over.

What do you think? I don't like regular season rematches in the playoffs, and with Region 1 playing Region 2 so much in the regular season, it seems like 1st and 2nd round of the playoffs are always rematches of some sort.

Having said all of that, I still think the Admirals win a tough close game against the Bulldogs this week as long as they don't get overconfident.

I miss the days of 3A. With that system you didn't have teams like Maryville dominating one classification.

Congrats to the Admirals.

I thought FHS looked better than some of the teams I've seen since moving to middle TN. Gallatin and Hendersonville could not hang with the Admirals IMO.

Hope to see you playing late into the season.

There really is no reason for that, and I think kids should let the competition stay on the field and not span to who can draw better graffiti. With that said, Farragut painted portable trailers behind the rock at Bearden last year and West painted our stadium, so stuff happens. But it definitely shouldn't be condoned or encouraged.

By the way, congrats to the Bearden team this year. You guys are part of turning this program around.

Also, congrats to Farragut. Coach Courtney is a classy guy.

Edited by BHSfootball