Sequoyah Football Football Job Open

Bama14

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As ususal you go off at the mouth without knowing the facts. RT 21 CB Trap I wish you would have learned some lessons in class from your coach. Obviously coaches can't do everything as your wasn't able to teach you to have some dignity and class. THe man worked his tail off and without much help from the system. I am sure Meigs is embarressed to have someone like you claimming to be a fan and former player.

Oh I'm sorry but I left this out earlier. Its not that my coach didnt teach me anything about class. He just taught me too much about sarcasm. (He's liable to get a kick out of that one if he reads it. Dont worry coach, Ive got a plethora of 'em.)

Without a dog in this fight. Just a casual passerby. After reading 5 coaches in 11 years. If I were a coach looking for change, this school would be excluded from my choices. If I had no choice, I would drop coaching and teach only. One should look very carefully at a situation like this and know something is wrong in the upper management. There has to be a reason 5 coaches has failed, or found new jobs. Good luck finding a quality coach. Im sure there is scrubbs out there looking for jobs. Jumping from school to school. Is it a doomed football program or a doomed admin? They both obviously cant stay. Sounds like a school in region 4. Thats how you get 50 losses in a row and growing. They would be elated to win 1 game in a decade. The kids still go out and play. Just get no support. Thats what I call real heart. 1 coach and 1 assistant. Sorry for your position.

Without a dog in this fight. Just a casual passerby. After reading 5 coaches in 11 years. If I were a coach looking for change, this school would be excluded from my choices. If I had no choice, I would drop coaching and teach only. One should look very carefully at a situation like this and know something is wrong in the upper management. There has to be a reason 5 coaches has failed, or found new jobs. Good luck finding a quality coach. Im sure there is scrubbs out there looking for jobs. Jumping from school to school. Is it a doomed football program or a doomed admin? They both obviously cant stay. Sounds like a school in region 4. Thats how you get 50 losses in a row and growing. They would be elated to win 1 game in a decade. The kids still go out and play. Just get no support. Thats what I call real heart. 1 coach and 1 assistant. Sorry for your position.

After only 2 years SQHS football coach has been released from his coaching duties. Word has it that no real reason was given. This team had shown steady improvement but just couldn't get over the win hump. The team had developed discipline, and a good work ethic. They also started a ton of young kids and was on the way to being a good team. Is two years really a fair amount of time for anyone to build a program. Sequoyah has had at least 5 coaches since it open 11 years ago. Take a look at the situation and see if you really think Hollaway was treated fairly. Get real Monroe County. You are developing another situation like Telico Plains. Good luck and good job on screwing the players and the coaches. My heart goes out to the coach and his family. First they move here and take a pay cut then he becomes a victim of the Monroe County politics.

?Discip;ine and good work ethics? Do you call stirring up fights and trying to critically hurt Meigs football players good work ethics? I don't think so.

As ususal you go off at the mouth without knowing the facts. RT 21 CB Trap I wish you would have learned some lessons in class from your coach. Obviously coaches can't do everything as your wasn't able to teach you to have some dignity and class. THe man worked his tail off and without much help from the system. I am sure Meigs is embarressed to have someone like you claimming to be a fan and former player.

Sir with all do respect, I don,t think you have no room to talk to 21 cbt because some of the post you've left sounded like you had no idea about what you're talking about. 21 cbt was my advisor in football and helped me become the center that i am. I got your back juice. this is little bunch by the way juice.

After only 2 years SQHS football coach has been released from his coaching duties. Word has it that no real reason was given. This team had shown steady improvement but just couldn't get over the win hump. The team had developed discipline, and a good work ethic. They also started a ton of young kids and was on the way to being a good team. Is two years really a fair amount of time for anyone to build a program. Sequoyah has had at least 5 coaches since it open 11 years ago. Take a look at the situation and see if you really think Hollaway was treated fairly. Get real Monroe County. You are developing another situation like Telico Plains. Good luck and good job on screwing the players and the coaches. My heart goes out to the coach and his family. First they move here and take a pay cut then he becomes a victim of the Monroe County politics.

I have seen Sequoyah on film play a couple of teams this year and I thought they looked better then the last couple of years. They are not world beaters by any stretch of the imagination but they were coming along. It will be difficult for anyone to go to Monroe County and be successful for a lot of reasons. I will not get in to it on this board. That will come to light by other people closer to the situation then I am.

I wish all the young men that play football for the Chiefs good luck. Sometimes adversity brings out the best in young people. Continue to work hard for the love of the game! :thumb:

I have seen Sequoyah on film play a couple of teams this year and I thought they looked better then the last couple of years. They are not world beaters by any stretch of the imagination but they were coming along. It will be difficult for anyone to go to Monroe County and be successful for a lot of reasons. I will not get in to it on this board. That will come to light by other people closer to the situation then I am.

I wish all the young men that play football for the Chiefs good luck. Sometimes adversity brings out the best in young people. Continue to work hard for the love of the game! :thumb:

Thank you for the positive comment. As a devoted Chief fan, I hope we will all learn some valuable lessons from this situation. Maybe next time we will check the coach out more thouroughly. As for the football players at SQHS, past, present and future, use these experiences to motivate you in a positive direction. As for the administration, lets get our act together for the sake of the kids. GO CHIEFS!

Edited by equate

I don't know about it being difficult to be successful in Monroe County because didn't Coach Meadows who coaches at William Blount coach there and had a pretty good season.