Sequoyah Football Football Job Open

Bama14

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TO THE PLAYERS AT SEQUOYAH,KEEP YOUR HEADS HIGH AND WALK TALL.EVERYTHING WILL BE FINE.DON'T LISTON TO ALOT OF THE RUMORS FLYING AROUND.ALOT OF IT IS JUST RUMORS.LOOKS LIKE YOU WILL HAVE A NEW HEAD COACH,BUT YOU MUST START PREPARING NOW.SO WHEN THE WEIGHT ROOM GETS OPEN AND IT WON'T BE LONG,GET IN THERE AND WORK HARD .NO EXCUSES.

FROM SOMEONE WHO CARES :thumb:

Edited by red_nation

Actually we are not embarrassed. Your downing a man that won the most prestigious award Meigs County had to give and I guarantee you noone is embarrassed.As for Sequoah having class, not from what I saw against Meigs they didn't at least unless its classy to chop and play "tear their ACL's since our season is done" on kick offs and just flat out cheap shots

You know, unless you were on the sequoyah sideline and heard these comments made, you have no right to make comments like that. And don't tell me you heard it, because I was on the sidelines right next to the coaches and never heard such things, and I'm not deaf! Your coach at Meigs County just talked to me the other day about how respectable and classy your program was, and here you are making false accusations about another program. REAL CLASSY! You apparently have so much knowledge, get an education, a teacher's license, and begin coaching yourself. Until then you do not hold the right to say anything about this program and what you supposedly heard. There may be a lot of things that need attention at Sequoyah, but I assure you no coach has ever made comments like that. As for Bama 14, yes it was a bad way to handle any situation with a coach, but that is something that needs to be resolved in the school system, and not on a message board. If you want to vent, call the director of schools or the principal and voice your complaint. All your doing here is crying, go to were it counts, otherwise it falls on deaf ears.

You know, unless you were on the sequoyah sideline and heard these comments made, you have no right to make comments like that. And don't tell me you heard it, because I was on the sidelines right next to the coaches and never heard such things, and I'm not deaf! Your coach at Meigs County just talked to me the other day about how respectable and classy your program was, and here you are making false accusations about another program. REAL CLASSY! You apparently have so much knowledge, get an education, a teacher's license, and begin coaching yourself. Until then you do not hold the right to say anything about this program and what you supposedly heard. There may be a lot of things that need attention at Sequoyah, but I assure you no coach has ever made comments like that. As for Bama 14, yes it was a bad way to handle any situation with a coach, but that is something that needs to be resolved in the school system, and not on a message board. If you want to vent, call the director of schools or the principal and voice your complaint. All your doing here is crying, go to were it counts, otherwise it falls on deaf ears.

What are you talking about?!?!?!? I didn't hear nothing I saw with my own 2 eyes

First of all I want to say that this is the real Coach Holloway. I have been away in North Carolina for the past several days and am totally shocked at what has been done to me and the SQHS football team. I did not post under the Bama 14 handle but I do know who and how it has impacted the situation at SQHS. I want to go on the record and say that all of you are entitled to your opinions about me but you need to leave the kids out of this. My team was never taught to play dirty and were punshed if they did. This is for the Meigs County fans who want to ttalk without really having a clue. I have talked to Coach Martin and he told me he does not feel that anything was done in the game except the cut block that was dirty. By the way that player was punished and did not reenter the game because of his actions. Coach Martin was upset about something the local paper published about his team arguing and called them to set the record straight. I am doing the same to some of you Meigs faithful. If you want to hide behind a screen name and talk about dirty play and such then that is your right but you need to look in the mirror before you put someone else down. If you have never made a mistake then good for you. I never have and never will condone that type of behavior. I want to thank Coach Martin, many officials and other coaches for the compliments that they have given me and my team.

Secondly, the job situation at SQHS has been discussed but as usual someone with only half the story blew things out of proportion. I went to MR. Moser and told him as a courtesy that I had been asked to interview for another position in North Carolina as an assistant principal for much more money. All he told me was that he did not blame me for doing that. From there things just got blown out of proportion with typical message board lies and misinformation. To set the record straight their will be a meeting Monday with the Director of schools and Principal to make any decisions that they or myself may make about my future at SQHS. No matter what the outcome of this meeting I will handle it in a professional manner not on a message board.

For all of you people who want to say that I am an idiot, etc. Thank you for directing that at me and not any of my players. As long as you are on me then everyone else is getting a break. I hope someday you will have the opportunity to meet me and let me show you that I am really just a good guy that spends more time with my players than most of the parents have the opportunity to spend. One thing I will say is that those kids do not deverve to be put down in some of the post like you have done. This should be directed at me not at them.

If anyone wants to quite being a chicken and get out from behind the screen names please feel free to let me know. I will be glad to talk to you about anything you want to say as long as you leave the kids out of it.

Lastly I would like to say I have lost a lot of respect for MC because of the way that you guys have acted on here. I assure Bama 14 will not post on this board again. I ahve the guts to use my own name why can't you. Diva 4 Life you are a coward and I know who you are. JC. Thanks for your time.

Jeff Hollloway, Head Football Coach Sequoyah High School.

First of all I want to say that this is the real Coach Holloway. I have been away in North Carolina for the past several days and am totally shocked at what has been done to me and the SQHS football team. I did not post under the Bama 14 handle but I do know who and how it has impacted the situation at SQHS. I want to go on the record and say that all of you are entitled to your opinions about me but you need to leave the kids out of this. My team was never taught to play dirty and were punshed if they did. This is for the Meigs County fans who want to ttalk without really having a clue. I have talked to Coach Martin and he told me he does not feel that anything was done in the game except the cut block that was dirty. By the way that player was punished and did not reenter the game because of his actions. Coach Martin was upset about something the local paper published about his team arguing and called them to set the record straight. I am doing the same to some of you Meigs faithful. If you want to hide behind a screen name and talk about dirty play and such then that is your right but you need to look in the mirror before you put someone else down. If you have never made a mistake then good for you. I never have and never will condone that type of behavior. I want to thank Coach Martin, many officials and other coaches for the compliments that they have given me and my team.

Secondly, the job situation at SQHS has been discussed but as usual someone with only half the story blew things out of proportion. I went to MR. Moser and told him as a courtesy that I had been asked to interview for another position in North Carolina as an assistant principal for much more money. All he told me was that he did not blame me for doing that. From there things just got blown out of proportion with typical message board lies and misinformation. To set the record straight their will be a meeting Monday with the Director of schools and Principal to make any decisions that they or myself may make about my future at SQHS. No matter what the outcome of this meeting I will handle it in a professional manner not on a message board.

For all of you people who want to say that I am an idiot, etc. Thank you for directing that at me and not any of my players. As long as you are on me then everyone else is getting a break. I hope someday you will have the opportunity to meet me and let me show you that I am really just a good guy that spends more time with my players than most of the parents have the opportunity to spend. One thing I will say is that those kids do not deverve to be put down in some of the post like you have done. This should be directed at me not at them.

If anyone wants to quite being a chicken and get out from behind the screen names please feel free to let me know. I will be glad to talk to you about anything you want to say as long as you leave the kids out of it.

Lastly I would like to say I have lost a lot of respect for MC because of the way that you guys have acted on here. I assure Bama 14 will not post on this board again. I ahve the guts to use my own name why can't you. Diva 4 Life you are a coward and I know who you are. JC. Thanks for your time.

Coach I would like to apologize for my post. You are right it just needs to be handled in house and not on here.

Thank you , Coach. I have been called many things but not a coward. You got me. But that's why they call then screen names. But if you think back I told you to your face so I really dont think I am a COWARD. You have a problem with people who question you . I posted to claifiy that we did have a couple winning season before you got here. So Mr. Holloway , if you would like to discuss anything with me. I am available anytime. Just not on game nights. I will be the bigger person and say Good Luck. As for Monroe County I have lived here all my life, no better place to live on earth. Oh yeah, Go Chiefs.

• 2 weeks later...

I think there are too many parents that are involved in a bad way at Sequoyah. Let's be honest, what were the realistic expectations for this years team. Surely, not a state or region championship. I thought that they might win the mythical county championship, but that didn't happen. I believe that blame can be placed on everyone involved in the program, including nosey PARENTS. The adminstation does have the responsibity to hire a good coach, but ultimatly it is the parents that sometimes get the ball rolling for a change. Some of those parents never played a bit of football, but yet they think they know everything.

Also, SID what is your position with the football team that allows you to get on the sidelines. In my opinion if you are not a coach, player, trainer, or member of the press, you've got no business on the sidelines.

I think there are too many parents that are involved in a bad way at Sequoyah. Let's be honest, what were the realistic expectations for this years team. Surely, not a state or region championship. I thought that they might win the mythical county championship, but that didn't happen. I believe that blame can be placed on everyone involved in the program, including nosey PARENTS. The adminstation does have the responsibity to hire a good coach, but ultimatly it is the parents that sometimes get the ball rolling for a change. Some of those parents never played a bit of football, but yet they think they know everything.

Also, SID what is your position with the football team that allows you to get on the sidelines. In my opinion if you are not a coach, player, trainer, or member of the press, you've got no business on the sidelines.

There are some problem parents at SHS thats for sure. All schools have them. The majority of the parents are great. I believe most of these "problems" are well known to the community. It seems that it must be ALL be about there kid or kids and to heck with the bigger picture like the team. I think most programs have the same kind of parents. The difference it appears up to know is how they are dealt with. The right coach will have no problem fixing these few problems. I mean you are only talking about a handfull of parents anyway, again the right coach will not have an issue with these people. Edited by RedChief

There are some problem parents at SHS thats for sure. All schools have them. The majority of the parents are great. I believe most of these "problems" are well known to the community. It seems that it must be ALL be about there kid or kids and to heck with the bigger picture like the team. I think most programs have the same kind of parents. The difference it appears up to know is how they are dealt with. The right coach will have no problem fixing these few problems. I mean you are only talking about a handfull of parents anyway, again the right coach will not have an issue with these people.

Red Chief I applaud your post. For the most part it is true. THe only thing I disagree with is that the right coach will have no problem fixing these problems. The coach can only do as much as he is allowed to do. THink about that. If you do to much to fix it you have to have backing and believe me it probably will cost them their job. They better be winning early if they are going to fix anything. Good Luck to you Chiefs. I will probably see you next year.