CAK vs Notre Dame

TheBigPenquin

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all do respect for the other teams some fans I have talked, from cak and notre dame, say these are the best two teams left with FRA knocked out so just wondered what everyone thought about these two talented teams. I have heard many good things about both so cant wait to see it.

And with all due respect, one of them will be gone after this game. Luck of the draw.. :unsure: Go Lady Bruins.

It should be a great game. I know that early in the season doesn't necessarily count, but comparing the records, they have two common opponents -- Maryville and Sweetwater.

Both teams beat Maryville 2-0.

CAK played Sweetwater 1st game of the season, and tied them 2-2. ND also played Sweetwater early, beating them 5-1, and played them in the post-season, and beat them 3-0.

Notre Dame has played the tougher schedule, both in the regular season and in post-season. Using the current Eurosport rankings, the've beaten #2 (FRA) twice, #5 (Sweetwater) twice, # 6 CCS (twice), and #9 (Grace) once.

CAK has beaten #5 (Sweetwater) once, and #11 (Jackson Christian) once.

Should be a great game. Hope the turnout is close to the number of people who attended the ND/FRA game.

With all do respect for the other teams some fans I have talked, from cak and notre dame, say these are the best two teams left with FRA knocked out so just wondered what everyone thought about these two talented teams. I have heard many good things about both so cant wait to see it.

I have seen CAK twice. I have not seen ND.

The new coach at CAK has pulled them together, IMO, and improved them as the year went along. Add to that overall good team speed, excellent striking ability upfront with Novicoff and Hoffman, and they're a tough team to beat. They have depth, too, so CAK can rest Novicoff and when she comes back in they can overwhelm you.

Have not seen ND but I've heard they are very deep and talented accross the board. Should be a great battle. I would say to ND to work very hard to keep the ball in your end. Keep the ball away from CAK strikers if you can.

Great seasons by CAK and ND! Congrats to both for going thru undefeated--super accomplishment. I have seen each of these teams in action against a common opponent. ND is very talented and deep--CAK has a good attack. I would favor ND due to its talent/depth, better defense and tougher schedule. However, the game against FRA and energy expended/psych of playing and beating a team like FRA in semis may factor in...esp when considering CAK's easy win in semis. I will pick ND, 3-1. All bets off if Laura N buries one or two early! Best of luck to ND and CAK--both are WINNERS.

Notre Dame has a harder schedule. CAK hasn't been pressed too much in regular season.

Notre Dame had a much harder game against a tough opponent that went into overtime. CAK had an easier match, and was able to rest a lot of players.

Notre Dame has at least 3 consecutive state appearances. This is CAK's first in 2 years (should have made an appearance last year, but I won't go there)

CAK has some dominant strikers. I have heard that Notre Dame has one of the best sweepers in the state.

Both have great talent across the board.

Both have good depth.

It is a shame that they meet now, but that is preaching to the choir (especially to the FRA choir who in my opinion is better than any of the teams in the other side of the bracket.)

I say it will go down to the wire. I'm not going to be cheeky and predict anything. You all know where my heart lies.

It is a shame that they meet now, but that is preaching to the choir (especially to the FRA choir who in my opinion is better than any of the teams in the other side of the bracket.)

Yes, and yet there are some fans who are delighted to see this very match-up on this exact day and at this exact time.....

It really should be a great match between the Lady Warriors' high powered offense against the Lady Irish's outstanding midfield and defense. Good luck to both teams. :thumb:

Yes, and yet there are some fans who are delighted to see this very match-up on this exact day and at this exact time.....

Hmmm.... I wonder who those fans are...

Wouldn't it be interesting to see a CAK vs. Catholic state final game? Now who said that MONTHS ago?

QUOTE(BigGExpress @ Aug 15 2006 - 07:16 PM)

That would be cool to have another CAK vs. Catholic state final, though.

Please note the August 15 date...

(Yes, Hoya I know that in my predictions for the contest, I had Catholic losing, but I had to do something to catch up to Conig and Zeek...)

Great seasons by CAK and ND! Congrats to both for going thru undefeated--super accomplishment. I have seen each of these teams in action against a common opponent. ND is very talented and deep--CAK has a good attack. I would favor ND due to its talent/depth, better defense and tougher schedule. However, the game against FRA and energy expended/psych of playing and beating a team like FRA in semis may factor in...esp when considering CAK's easy win in semis. I will pick ND, 3-1. All bets off if Laura N buries one or two early! Best of luck to ND and CAK--both are WINNERS.

C A K did not go undefeated. They tied Sweetwater 2-2. Last time I checked thats not a win. Notre Dame did go undefeated. GO ND!!!!!! :rolleyes:

But then wouldn't it be cool to see a ND vs Knox Catholic State Final for GIRLS SOCCER, just like the matchup last Friday in Murfreesboro, for VOLLEYBALL State Final.

?????????????

An all Irish final. :rolleyes: You will have to dye the river green to make it an official holiday. :thumb:

I am pulling for an all KTown final myself.

Edited by Soccer Gypsy