I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it has taken me this long to give my comments on the game that greeneville played at the state tournament.

First let me say congratulations to the Lady Devils for their fourth consecutive trip to the Boro. Greeneville did not show up and bring their "A" game to the state tournament. For those who went and watched we knwo that Greeneville did not play good. They showed signs of what type of team they had been all year. I do believe that it would benefit Greeneville to schedule more athletic teams like Northeast through the season. I know that playing a team like Austin East would far more benefit us than playing a team like Wartburg. Needless to say Greeneville had a successful year and will continue to have a successful program. Good luck to the three seniors that have led Greeneville to it's most successful season in school history. You three have proved a lot of people wrong this year. Also congratulations to the three coaches that have lead this team to it's most successful season in school history. You three have also proved a lot of people wrong.

I will post my final comments for this past season on day this week.

you are correct on that GF greeneville doesn't see the kind of athleticism night in and night out in the IMAC and district 1 that would adequately prepare them for some of the better schools in the state.

Greeneville always plays a tough schedule though, in the Ladies Classic and other tournaments and such, like Cleveland and Webb this year. But Ill agree that the district and region doesn't prepare a good team.

After 2 years this will be the first schedule Coach Crumbly will have more input into. 1st year schedule already made, 2nd year having a baby. I believe she would like to up grade the regular season schedule. AE would be good for both boys and girls if we can get them.

On one of her post-game interviews on WGRV, she said when Duncan gave her the schedule and she was "upset" (said sarcastically) that it was a heck of a non-conference schedule.

That said, neither Greeneville team had much business playing Wartburg, no matter if Wartburg boys are a state caliber team.