I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

I don't believe that Nicole had a different game becuase she was able to touch the ball more. When she gets the ball she can make things happen, but she can also make some mistakes. I also don't believe that the season has been designed to make Deans have a great season. If you watch Deans play every game then you can never question if she is giving 100%. She works her tail off the whole game. There is several things you should look at before you start attacking and saying that Deans is not the player of the year. If you take Deans out of the picture this year you don't have a greeneville team that gets over 30 wins. Deans takes a lot of pressure off of Nicole. If Deans was not playing then you would have Nicole getting double teamed every time on the offensive end. However since Deans can score and rebound, the other team has to focus on her and Nicole. Nicole does not give 100% every game, but that is probably because of lack of competition. When she turns it on she can do whatever she wants. You also need to realize that Deans has been playing with a dislocated finger during the whole postseason. It is kind of hard to see how you are scik and tired of hearing Crumbley's quotes. There has only been a few this year. I believe the reference that you used is very correct of what the coaching staff views with Nicole. Everyone that watches the games can see unlimited potential in what Nicole can do. There is not on selfish player on this team this year. I know that this is a big difference from the past years, but sorry folks there is no "I" in team. I think the coaches at greeneville have put together an excellent team that cares nothing about anything else but winning. Their record can speak for that. I know that each are entitled to their own oppinion, however know the facts before making an a_ _ of yourself. This is for you greenevillefan91: What is your problem with the coaching staff at greeneville? I don't believe they hold a different standard for anyone on that team. They expect the same from each member of the team.

Edited by greenevillefan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeez....Sounds like your opionion isnt highly favorable of Deans, or well anyone....I'd hate to see it if they were a run of the mill, ballclub like the other 5 IMAC teams....

But....from reading other threads, it seems like your opionion isnt popular with other Greeneville fans.

That said, Greeneville's run of this calendar year has been total team play. They dont have 5 scorers, they are not an offensive team. Crumbley told me this after their D2-AAA tourney win over Cocke County.

Instead, I think Greeneville has hit a run as a team where everyone just plays to their role.

Dickson is the big offensive contributor, Deans has been quiet but she makes things happen. McIntyre has been just a playmaker and Carter has been clutch. Collins and Lamons have also had big shots and key plays too. Seems to me like everyone knows their role, what they are supposed to do and just executes their role to as close as to perfection as possible. I'm not sure if thats the designed role by Crumbley and her staff, but....thats what it appears to be from an outsider. Sort of sounds like Maryville football, nothing fancy, nothing spectacular....just perform and execute your role....

Yeah PT, you would think GF91 would have SOMETHING good to say about his 32-3 team that is making their 4 straight trip to the 'Boro. I appreciate you guys defending my girls while I took a couple of "mental health days". I was unable to listen to the game on Sat., but just read the News-sentinal piece on PrepXtra... http://knoxnews.com/kns/preps_girls_basket...5393537,00.html

Sounds like Collins had a nice game as well. Can anyone fill me in or do I have to wait for Eual's article this afternoon?

Yeah PT, you would think GF91 would have SOMETHING good to say about his 32-3 team that is making their 4 straight trip to the 'Boro. I appreciate you guys defending my girls while I took a couple of "mental health days". I was unable to listen to the game on Sat., but just read the News-sentinal piece on PrepXtra... http://knoxnews.com/kns/preps_girls_basket...5393537,00.html

Sounds like Collins had a nice game as well. Can anyone fill me in or do I have to wait for Eual's article this afternoon?

Barb anything to help you out.

Greeneville only trailed in this game once, Powell's lead only lasted on possession. From the opening tip Greeneville executed will. Greeneville played the game with a lot of discipline. They had "ZERO" turnovers in the first half. Nicole started the game bye scoring most of greenevilles points in the first quarter. Each member on the Lady Devils team were working without the ball and doing everything possible to win the ball game. Powell played some hard physical defense. I believe the past two games have benefited this team. Playing two close games made this game seem a little easier. Deans worked hard on both ends of the court. She did not score as much as she would have liked, but she was the leading rebounder on the team. Collins came in and played tremendous defense on the D-1 signee (Hollifield). Nicole started out guarding her, but picked up two silly fouls and forced the coaches to have someone else guard her. Greeneville did not shoot outside much. Devan had two go in and come back out. Lamons player her good defense. Whitney Carter stepped up big for the Lady Devils and hit some big shots. She distributed the ball well and ran the offense very well. Powell tried to pressure the Lady Devils, but were unable to create any turnovers. If it was not for the two three balls at the end of the fourth quarter Greeneville would have held their opponents under 40 points. If the lady Devils can continue to play the way they did then the possibilites are unlimited. Nicole decided to take over from the opening tip and proved to everyone that she is ready to carry this team. Overall it was a complete game from the Lady Devils Team. Good coaching through the game on both sides. Powell was a quality team, but was unable to match the play of the Lady Devils on this night.

Barb anything to help you out.

Greeneville only trailed in this game once, Powell's lead only lasted on possession. From the opening tip Greeneville executed will. Greeneville played the game with a lot of discipline. They had "ZERO" turnovers in the first half. Nicole started the game bye scoring most of greenevilles points in the first quarter. Each member on the Lady Devils team were working without the ball and doing everything possible to win the ball game. Powell played some hard physical defense. I believe the past two games have benefited this team. Playing two close games made this game seem a little easier. Deans worked hard on both ends of the court. She did not score as much as she would have liked, but she was the leading rebounder on the team. Collins came in and played tremendous defense on the D-1 signee (Hollifield). Nicole started out guarding her, but picked up two silly fouls and forced the coaches to have someone else guard her. Greeneville did not shoot outside much. Devan had two go in and come back out. Lamons player her good defense. Whitney Carter stepped up big for the Lady Devils and hit some big shots. She distributed the ball well and ran the offense very well. Powell tried to pressure the Lady Devils, but were unable to create any turnovers. If it was not for the two three balls at the end of the fourth quarter Greeneville would have held their opponents under 40 points. If the lady Devils can continue to play the way they did then the possibilites are unlimited. Nicole decided to take over from the opening tip and proved to everyone that she is ready to carry this team. Overall it was a complete game from the Lady Devils Team. Good coaching through the game on both sides. Powell was a quality team, but was unable to match the play of the Lady Devils on this night.

I am curious. Why get so upset for me voicing an opinion. Read, think about and it please move on. I guess when the truth is close to home people get weird......................

Edited by greenevillefan91

I don't believe that Nicole had a different game becuase she was able to touch the ball more. When she gets the ball she can make things happen, but she can also make some mistakes. I also don't believe that the season has been designed to make Deans have a great season. If you watch Deans play every game then you can never question if she is giving 100%. She works her tail off the whole game. There is several things you should look at before you start attacking and saying that Deans is not the player of the year. If you take Deans out of the picture this year you don't have a greeneville team that gets over 30 wins. Deans takes a lot of pressure off of Nicole. If Deans was not playing then you would have Nicole getting double teamed every time on the offensive end. However since Deans can score and rebound, the other team has to focus on her and Nicole. Nicole does not give 100% every game, but that is probably because of lack of competition. When she turns it on she can do whatever she wants. You also need to realize that Deans has been playing with a dislocated finger during the whole postseason. It is kind of hard to see how you are scik and tired of hearing Crumbley's quotes. There has only been a few this year. I believe the reference that you used is very correct of what the coaching staff views with Nicole. Everyone that watches the games can see unlimited potential in what Nicole can do. There is not on selfish player on this team this year. I know that this is a big difference from the past years, but sorry folks there is no "I" in team. I think the coaches at greeneville have put together an excellent team that cares nothing about anything else but winning. Their record can speak for that. I know that each are entitled to their own oppinion, however know the facts before making an a_ _ of yourself. This is for you greenevillefan91: What is your problem with the coaching staff at greeneville? I don't believe they hold a different standard for anyone on that team. They expect the same from each member of the team

You made one (a--) of yourself by not just reading the post and moving on. I really don't care if you agree with me or not because believe me there are a lot of things that have been written which I do not agree. And I am not tired of hearing her (Crumbley) quotes, only the same quotes. I am wondering how do you know who give 100%? Are you playing in their shoes that night. It may appear it not 100% for any player, but their 100% at the moment. Just open your own eyes and be real to yourself! I don't agree with you, but oh well, it is your opinion whether I agree or not.

Edited by greenevillefan91

I am curious. Why get so upset for me voicing an opinion. Read, think about and it please move on. I guess when the truth is close to home people get weird......................

So which is it...your opinion or the truth cause its a bit too subjective to be both.

"A lie told often enough becomes the truth."

Lenin

You made one (a--) of yourself by not just reading the post and moving on. I really don't care if you agree with me or not because believe me there are a lot of things that have been written which I do not agree. And I am not tired of hearing her (Crumbley) quotes, only the same quotes. I am wondering how do you know who give 100%? Are you playing in their shoes that night. It may appear it not 100% for any player, but their 100% at the moment. Just open your own eyes and be real to yourself! I don't agree with you, but oh well, it is your opinion whether I agree or not.

Those same quotes you were talking about were only made once! I am not saying that your opinion is wrong. I just pointed out some other possibilites. I hope you can make it to the Boro and support the lady devils. So will you be going?

Those same quotes you were talking about were only made once! I am not saying that your opinion is wrong. I just pointed out some other possibilites. I hope you can make it to the Boro and support the lady devils. So will you be going?

Well you know what they say about opinions......

I got this from another thread, but I just couldn't resist bringing it over here:

Greeneville had a send off with the pep band leading them down the student lined halls out to the bus. Cheerleaders hung balloons on the lamp post down Main Street and fans waved and honk along the businesses of Main Street. Local media was there.

Did Eual get a front row seat along the route? ;) Probably no quotes from Crumbley. :unsure:

I am impressed that the school and community did all that! It will be a special moment for the team to remember.

Good Luck Lady She Devils!!!

I got this from another thread, but I just couldn't resist bringing it over here:

Did Eual get a front row seat along the route? ;) Probably no quotes from Crumbley. :unsure:

I am impressed that the school and community did all that! It will be a special moment for the team to remember.

Good Luck Lady She Devils!!!

You have to give Eual some credit here of late. He has been on top of things since all the complaints. I am glad to see he has listened and adapted what he does. As a supporter it makes me feel better. I hope they can make it down and support the Lady Devils in the Boro.