I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

What would Science Hill have to do different to beat Greeneville or is there little possibility?

I believe at tournament time anything is possible. Both teams have to rebound well to win this ball game. Science Hill needs to push the tempo. Greeneville will have to control the tempo. I think that Deans will have a better game than the boone game. Dickson needs to continue to be aggressive and attack. Science Hill will have to mix up their defense to keep the Lady Devils off guard. I look for an exciting game.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

PT what is your take on the game tonight?

Greeneville by around 10....the Lady Devils (or Devilettes for Barb) will be focused, I think.

Make no mistake the other night, of the non-Ladies Bank classic foes to score above 40 (3 of them - Boone, TN, Cocke Co), Boone has done it 3 times. I think Boone's physical style of play rattled Deans a little bit, she never seemed to get on track, she was on the floor a lot. I think she'll bounce back with a big game tonight. The thing I like about Deans is, anytime her girl touches the ball, its never where she (Deans opponent) wants to touch it at. Its always at the free-throw line or above. She did that to Depew in the District 2 tourney and she did that on Monday night.

The thing with Greeneville is, they just seem to have a knack for making plays. Someone makes the plays and makes the baskets when they need them. Monday night it was Carter. Against Cocke County it was McIntyre.

DZ, per request!

Upon reflection of the IMAC season gone by, I think the only team that lived up to expectations was Greeneville. Everyone expected them to be the class of the league, and they supported that assessment. They won despite losing 2 key players, and one role player from the previous year, but when you have two mobile, active posts that can step outside and hit the 3 along with being forces inside, then you can survive those kinds of personnel changes. I really think the Lady Green Devils will miss Deans more next year than they missed Forney this year.

Both Morristown teams disappointed, for different reasons. To lose only one player off a substate team, West was expected to contend again. You can argue that the injuries they had caused their fall from contention, but I still think they should have done more with what they had. They would show flashes, and then revert to mediocrity. East, with the wealth of talent they had, should have done more with it. I think the "line change" playing pattern proved their undoing - early because of not being consistent from game to game, and later because the coach abandoned the practice, and the players that got court time looked uncertain of how to adapt to their new roles.

Cherokee was disappointing early, but showed late the promise I thought was always there. I am not certain what caused the 2006 problems, the 2007 version looked pretty good. Maybe it took a trip to Alabama during the holidays to bring them together. Most trips to Alabama have that affect on people!!! :lol:

Cocke County surprised folks not knowledgeable of the "freshmen", and the team Jeff County saw at the end of the season was vastly improved over the one they saw at the beginning. Some of that I believe was the home court factor, as Cocke County had trouble on the road against quality opponents.

I may be too close to the Jefferson County team to be objective. The early 6-1 start raised expectations, but I think a team with lack of HS experience at the point proved to be a problem in late December, and once the team started trending down, it was hard to turn it around. They showed flashes late of the energy and talent they need to contend. I actually think Jeff County ended up about where most folks would have believed prior to the season. The early success made folks believe that better things were possible.

I believe 2007 will be even more interesting, with some change in the traditional powers. Assuming everyone comes back, then I think Greeneville will prove to be less intimidating, with Cherokee and Cocke County providing some strong competition. West and East graduate a lot of seniors, and replacing those will be difficult. West gets the benefit of a strong upcoming freshmen class that won the Middle school league and tourney. East has some promising inside players, but I think their outside experience all graduates. Jefferson County has got to find alternate ways to score, and hopefully some inside help, although there is no size on the way. Although I don't predict 5 teams at 4-6, I don't think there will be an undefeated team and I think the league will be very competitive, from a positive standpoint.

I wish good fortune to the Seniors leaving our league. I have watched most of you for 3 years now, and you have provided us good basketball entertainment. Best wishes to you with what comes your way. I think many of you have the talent to play at the D2/NAIA/D3 level, I hope you get the chance if you wish to continue playing. :lol:

Should any of these ladies sign somewhere, it would be nice if it can get posted on this thread.

By the way, I deliberately refrained from any comments about the refs. I was taught that if I couldn’t say anything nice, don’t say anything at all. Although I stray from that advice on occasion, I decide to abide by it this time.

Greeneville by around 10....the Lady Devils (or Devilettes for Barb) will be focused, I think.

Make no mistake the other night, of the non-Ladies Bank classic foes to score above 40 (3 of them - Boone, TN, Cocke Co), Boone has done it 3 times. I think Boone's physical style of play rattled Deans a little bit, she never seemed to get on track, she was on the floor a lot. I think she'll bounce back with a big game tonight. The thing I like about Deans is, anytime her girl touches the ball, its never where she (Deans opponent) wants to touch it at. Its always at the free-throw line or above. She did that to Depew in the District 2 tourney and she did that on Monday night.

The thing with Greeneville is, they just seem to have a knack for making plays. Someone makes the plays and makes the baskets when they need them. Monday night it was Carter. Against Cocke County it was McIntyre.

Personally,I prefer She-Devils :lol:

This has become like telling inside jokes. The last two days have almost been a "Best of the IMAC thread".

Barb, you can call them what you desire, just a long as they don't lay a She Devil(ed) Egg tonight!

Yeah, I would like to see them 1 more time at home this season...too hard for me to travel to Knoxville.

freshman

OK folks....I enjoy all the jabs at both PTS (and I'm sure myself) for raising this concern many weeks back. I must say, however, that the posts from PTS since that time have been much more enlightning without the constant freshman references that were being made up to that point. It allowed his true brilliance to shine through.

Either way, as an over-bearing parent of an IMAC player who gets tired of the old man over-analyzing every play of every game with her, I have appreciated being able to get on here and read through all of the analysis you folks have provided. Call it therapy or something, but it actually helped keep the pressure off of the Dad/Daughter thing.

I have enjoyed the season and just hope that someone will start a softball thread to get us through the spring.

Good luck to Greenville.....go make the IMAC proud in Murfreesboro.

OK folks....I enjoy all the jabs at both PTS (and I'm sure myself) for raising this concern many weeks back. I must say, however, that the posts from PTS since that time have been much more enlightning without the constant freshman references that were being made up to that point. It allowed his true brilliance to shine through.

Either way, as an over-bearing parent of an IMAC player who gets tired of the old man over-analyzing every play of every game with her, I have appreciated being able to get on here and read through all of the analysis you folks have provided. Call it therapy or something, but it actually helped keep the pressure off of the Dad/Daughter thing.

I have enjoyed the season and just hope that someone will start a softball thread to get us through the spring.

Good luck to Greenville.....go make the IMAC proud in Murfreesboro.

True brilliance? Are you trying to make us miserable? Heck, we finally get PTS under control and you have to go and say something like that...I am proud however that we have maintained a lively,opinionated and entertaining, if not particularly informative thread for 971 posts and counting.