I-MAC

PTSportsWriter

Please don't cheapen the amazing game both these teams played with this kind of bickering. Nobody gets all the calls they want...if HS officials were perfect, they would be in the NBA...and if they called every infraction, these games would run 3 hrs long.

Greenevillefan, these Boone girls deserve the satisfaction of knowing they hung with Greeneville for 4 quarters without backing down.

Slipstream, it is unseemly for you to come on here with your righteous indignation about GVfan's post and then allow yourself to stoop to the very same. Follow your own advice and "leave it at that"

If HS officials were perfect, believe me as one who blows the whistle, we sure wouldn't be in the NBA (maybe not even the NCAA) - Have you seen the NBA lately?......TN high school officials are asked to enforce more contact rules than both of the higher leagues of play....consistency is the key -- hopefully the whole crew will work together to make the game run as smoothly as possibel, letting players eventually decide the contests...Fans come to watch the players, not the officials - Most of us work and train hard to improve year to year, others may not..That's why we have supervisors to assign the seasoned and higher performing referees for the post-season tourneys....Someone has to make those assignments. Most officials in post-season play try to let the players play (probably because the level of play is better at this time of the year, with quality teams and quality talent on the floor in most contests).

Good luck to all teams - We could care less who comes out on top.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are the premier authority of the Nelson for All-Conference campaign :)

- and truer words were never spoken on that as well...

Amen, best kept secret in the Imac this year. Didn't understand the coach not using her more. Had a solid freshman year.

Maybe she'll get the recognition in softball. I've heard she can play the game.

In all seriousness though, I did think that was bad planning (or any planning?) at all to have the Greeneville bench in front of their students. Thats just asking for something bad to go wrong. I mean, the SEC makes football student sections sit behind the home bench to avoid this stuff.

The cheerleaders shouldnt have been allowed on the court, at least on the other side of the court, they nearly took out a GHS player once and darn near got the short official with glasses.

The Boone students sat behind the Greeneville bench because when they arrived at halftime of the first game, there were no other seats available. They planned to move behind the Boone bench (and tried to), but the Science Hill crowd stayed and pulled for Boone (Thank you SH fans and players, and we will return the favor.). The students did a good job. We have been trying to get them to do that all season, and in the Regional, they finally started getting it right.

The Boone cheerleaders asked politely before the start of the game if Greeneville's cheerleaders would like to switch ends, since most of Greeneville's fans were on that end and most of Boone's fans were on the other end, and they didn't want to switch. During timeouts, cheerleading squads take turns, you take the floor this time, and we'll take it next time. It's a common practice, and they were leading cheers towards the Boone crowd, not the huddle.

GreenevilleFan, I do think that bringing up officiating in a game that most everyone else thinks was evenly officiated cheapens what I thought was a fantastic game between two very talented teams. It's not going to be perfect, you just hope it evens out over the course of the game. Bad calls went both ways. How do you think Boone felt when they got out to a 5 point lead and watched Greeneville shoot 8 straight foul shots to take the lead back. But that's part of the game. And part of pulling for your team is thinking that the call should have gone your way. Let's not pretend to be impartial observers here.

PTSportswriter, I would like to congratulate you, and the many posters which posted on this site, for passing 7AAA with posts and views this season. I have looked in and read many of your posts and the enthusiasm was great. 7AAA the way it looks, had a very sizable lead at one time but your enthusiasm just blew past us. You evidently found a need of communication you were not getting elsewhere and took things in your hands and it worked. Best of luck the rest of the season and maybe, just maybe, this will happen again next year. PT, as you have seen, trying to coordinate a thread as this is a Labor of Love of what you are doing but as I have seen by your posts, its takes a knowledge of a lot of things to keepinterest generated. All of you have done a great job this year.

PTSportswriter, I would like to congratulate you, and the many posters which posted on this site, for passing 7AAA with posts and views this season. I have looked in and read many of your posts and the enthusiasm was great. 7AAA the way it looks, had a very sizable lead at one time but your enthusiasm just blew past us. You evidently found a need of communication you were not getting elsewhere and took things in your hands and it worked. Best of luck the rest of the season and maybe, just maybe, this will happen again next year. PT, as you have seen, trying to coordinate a thread as this is a Labor of Love of what you are doing but as I have seen by your posts, its takes a knowledge of a lot of things to keepinterest generated. All of you have done a great job this year.

Ohyea, Congratulations to the men and womens basketball teams of Greeneville this year for an outstanding season. Best of luck to you both in the upcoming tournaments......

Don't let this go to your head PT... it hasn't been your vast knowledge that has kept things interesting on this thread...you only think you know everything. I, on the other hand, am a veritable fountain of knowledge...a wellspring from which true enlightenment flows.

But really, since I haven't physically been up to attending a lot of games this season, you guys have been quite the lifeline for me. Thanks for a great season. Hopefully next year will be a better one for all of us.

Is this a case of Thread Envy? :D

Anyway, I echo these statements. It has been a fun bunch on here, and hopefully we will all be back next year!

And PTS should get credit for starting the thread, but I think we all get credit for making PTS a legend in his own mind! :)

Is this a case of Thread Envy? :lol:

Anyway, I echo these statements. It has been a fun bunch on here, and hopefully we will all be back next year!

And PTS should get credit for starting the thread, but I think we all get credit for making PTS a legend in his own mind! :lol:

I think if we can keep this thing alive we might take it to 1000 posts...where's PT...get on here and complain about officiating or call somebody a freshman or something.