ELIZABETHTON HIGH SCHOOL BASKETBALL

EHSFAITHFUL

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anybody have any information on how the EHS boys look this year? I know some good players graduated. I've heard a lot about the girls but not much on the boys.

GO CYCLONES! :thumb:

Don't just be proud - be thankful!

I am sure cap1 can tell you about any team or player in the state of tenn. or VA.... He is a basketball wizard!!!!

Eliz made the biggest mistake on hiring Wilson. He is a good girls coach, but he just dont cut it with the boys. Len Dugger should be the coach. That was a big mistake. I think Coach Hardin was a good coach as far as x's and o's, I just dont think he had enough team discipline. Eliz is nothing but politics. Same way in football. They would have the same problem in baseball if Pink was still the coach.

I do agree alot with HighSchoolFanatic I am not to big on Elizabethton basketball I follow alot more basketball in the county but I have seen where Elizabethton basketball once was and where it is now and where it is heading and coach Wilson dont seem to fit the script to getting the boys program back on the right track.

Yes I believe it did hurt alot losing a coach like Tony Hardin he was pretty valuable part of that program maybe he did not show as much dicipline as some wanted but all around he was a good basketball coach.

Now people on here tell me if you agree with what I am about to say. Elizabethton has a good group of young athletes coming up pretty good freshman and sophmore class correct? If you are the athletic director do you see how the season goes and give him a shot at turning around the program or do you start looking for a better coach for next year while the talent still remains?

Does noone want the job down there or is it just the fact that the people think he is the best fit for the job?

I do agree alot with HighSchoolFanatic I am not to big on Elizabethton basketball I follow alot more basketball in the county but I have seen where Elizabethton basketball once was and where it is now and where it is heading and coach Wilson dont seem to fit the script to getting the boys program back on the right track.

Yes I believe it did hurt alot losing a coach like Tony Hardin he was pretty valuable part of that program maybe he did not show as much dicipline as some wanted but all around he was a good basketball coach.

Now people on here tell me if you agree with what I am about to say. Elizabethton has a good group of young athletes coming up pretty good freshman and sophmore class correct? If you are the athletic director do you see how the season goes and give him a shot at turning around the program or do you start looking for a better coach for next year while the talent still remains?

Does noone want the job down there or is it just the fact that the people think he is the best fit for the job?

I must disagree with you. I think Coach Hardin had great discipline, and helped the guys on and off the court. He instilled Cyclone Pride in all his kids. He stressed that it was an honor to be a Cyclone. All that seems to be lost now. This, not only in sports but everything else. I think the entire fighting between parents and the school board has had a negative effect. Unfortunately, they have had to suffer for poor decisions. They do have some talent and awesome kids. Hopefully, the kids can join together and with hard work and focus once again play their best game possible.

I was really more interested in knowing the make up of the team - who to watch for, etc. I don't really want to get into the coaching thing, but I do know this, the Cyclones have one of the most talented group of freshmen and sophomores that I've seen in a long time and it would be very disappointing to see them play under a coach whose heart is not in it.

They need to take notes from the girls team. They now have the best coaching staff that the girls program has ever had. "Daddy Ball" is almost non-existent and gets better each year under Coach Weems and his assistants.

Go Cyclones! :thumb:

Don't just be proud - be thankful!