Rhea County vs. Maryville

EaglePride1

Trust me when I say his words had to be taken out of context. You will not find a more humble kid than Caleb. He is a class act but I hope any player on any team believes they can win anytime they step on the field. I mean if not then whats the use? He was interviewed right after the game, like every week, emotions were high after the win: I mean you have got to put it in it's proper perspective. But don't call him STUPID man he's still a kid and thats not cool.

I am sure you are right about emotions being high and everything, and thats normal with sports but all I did was post a comment made by the Rhea County Quarterback and then someone comes along and tries to accuse me of "starting crap" which I was not. and the other quote was "Caleb is not stupid enough to give you guys bulletin board material" which he did so what does that make him??? Nothing according to me but something according to someone else

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am sure you are right about emotions being high and everything, and thats normal with sports but all I did was post a comment made by the Rhea County Quarterback and then someone comes along and tries to accuse me of "starting crap" which I was not. and the other quote was "Caleb is not stupid enough to give you guys bulletin board material" which he did so what does that make him??? Nothing according to me but something according to someone else

Like I said I stand corrected. I just thought it was pretty weak if someone was trying to get Maryville up for a playoff game! I spoke to soon.

I know Caleb well enough to say that he knows the task at hand. He has already played at Maryville in a playoff game his sophmore season.

But if you did not want to start anything why did you post it?

Edited by goldenbird

Like I said I stand corrected. I just thought it was pretty weak if someone was trying to get Maryville up for a playoff game! I spoke to soon.

I know Caleb well enough to say that he knows the task at hand. He has already played at Maryville in a playoff game his sophmore season.

But if you did not want to start anything why did you post it?

Maybe your local fishwrap was trying to start something by asking the question, writing a story, and putting it on the internet. You jumped all over the imposter theory. Just ignore the facts, and base your analysis on your own ideas. Like they say, don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

We don't need to use trickeration, gimmicks or deception to get our team up for a game.

Listen fans of both football teams, I come from a neutral position and I follow high school football all over East Tennessee. With that being said, I can tell you this.

Maryville is a good team, but they are not hungry! The seniors have lost mabye a game or two if that. They will choke this Friday against Rhea County. The word from the Rhea County side of this is that they truly BELIEVE they will win. They will bring a load of fans and MHS will be shocked.

So if they overlook Rhea County, there done. However, Maryville coaching will make it something of a game, but their D-fense is WEAK

Maryville 24

Rhea Coun 45

Word has it from several W. B. sources that they are worried this week. As one Governor supporter was heard to say, "I would feel better if we still had our old kicking coach."

Edited by STARSNBARS

Weak D? You can't be serious...

Sure, I could leave it at that. But allow me to share some facts:

Maryville held opponents to an average of 11 points per game this season. That's pretty good. But let me break it down even further by saying that most of those points came after the game was decided...don't take my word for it look at the numbers:

MHS averaged 27 points per game in the 1st half this season.

Their opponents averaged only 3 points per game in the 1st half.

This means that in most games Maryville had a comfortable 24 point lead going into the second half, which in turn means that lots of young guys got good experience playing out the second half.

There was really only one close game this season, and that was Alcoa. They scored 7 in the 4th when we still had our first string in. The Brainerd game also ended up close, but their 14 second half points all came off turnovers and were not scored against our top defense. So, in essence, the bottom line is that only 24% of the points scored this season against Maryville came against our top defense when the game was not already decided...that means our true defense really only gave up about 4.7 points per game this year. Yeah, our D is weak...

Oh, and no one scored more than 26 against us all year. So, it's hard for me to imagine that a team which only averaged 22 points per game this season and only scored 40 twice would hang 45 on us. The numbers are against the odds of that happening.

So here's the deal. I'm not for or against Maryville. But the facts speak for themselves. A lowly 4-6 team called Brainerd almost took em out. So the powerful defense is going down as MHS will probably lose to Rhea County. If they do get past Rhea County, they will be slaughtered by Red Bank. But best of luck, they've had a good run, give Coach Quarrles credit.