Lewis vs. Goodpasture

Stat_pack1

give thema break...atleast they subbed they coulda left the dogs in... imagine what the score would have been if they wouldnt have subbed

:thumb:

Goodpasture coaches and players and fans were just as classy as you could want. They made the football team, the band, and fans feel welcome. I am a die hard adamsville fan and always will be. Goodpasture could have made it as ugly as they wanted to. Hat's off to thier coaching staff for allowing the cardinals to leave with their dignity intact. Even when the cardinals scored acouple of td's they never uncovered the first group to put them back in.

Thanks good pasture for your hospitality.

Having seen both of these teams LC and Goodpasture. I will tell you that the fisher kid #74 I think is as fast as anyone one the panther team and he is big too. If you handle him the noseguard plugs the middle. Their tackle will spread out with you however wide you split your o-line, but their linebackers can hold their oiwn in the middle. LC has a very good defense, but it is like they have a cloning booth in madison with one athlete after another stepping out on the field. I think it will be close for about 1and half quaters. Then the cougars take over.

If lc can get offense going and then gets a turnover or two they will be in good shape.

Sorry panther fans my heart will be behind you guys, but the cougars are good.

Panthers-14

Cougars-35

l

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lewsi will get all they have been asking for.

They do alot af talkin, like 926

they will be eating crow about friday night

and see what a real def. realy is since they have no offense.

their line is big but slow as molasses

No threat to throw the ball and not much of any running backs.

i see them having their butts handed to them on a silver platter.

Goodpasture-64

Lewsi Co. - 000

Great stand up routine........bad taste......but funny! But here's something thats interesting.......If LCHS lost it would be hard...but they are there to compete and have the opportunity to win or lose where alot don' t even get the chance......They know the odds are against them...but you know they will play as hard as they can.....beside...if they don't go on and get knocked off in the playoffs......and Goodpasture goes on and doesn't win it all........The parents of the Lewis county kids didn't pay 6400.00 per kid to lose in the playoffs! Both group of seniors can both say , we were in the playoffs !

OOPS.....my mistake..not 6400...its actually 5800.00 with 64 players that would total $409,600.00 football team.....and education of course. But that is quite a deal....considering CPA cost is around 9700.00 (Non member) or around 8800.00 if member of the church. The cost of a championship....is not priceless...if I was paying that kind of money would expect nothing less than a championship.

I think that Goodpasture will win this game. But I don't think they are going to wear down Lewis County's line. They are huge. Several over 300 lbs. Their run defense is their strong suit. There is a reason I asked if they could pass. That is their achilles heel. You can pass on them. So Lewis will need to put pressure on the qb.

I say 31-10 Goodpasture.

Yes Papatiger, LC does have some big boys but GP has big honking boys and they are toned! Built like brick houses! I dont think GP is going to skunk LC- I dont think they are going to risk their key players getting hurt before they really need them. Like I said before, I have seen both teams play--I say GP wins this one hands down.

Lewis County has a great defense from everything I hear and see, but it will also take a great offense to even hang with a team like Goodpasture. GP is basically a 4A program that was placed in 2A as a bad joke on other schools...along with Alcoa. I would expect to see those two facing off for the title in a rematch, unless someone pulls off a huge shocker. Lewis is a very good football team, but the Cougars should win this one going away.

Lewis County has a great defense from everything I hear and see, but it will also take a great offense to even hang with a team like Goodpasture. GP is basically a 4A program that was placed in 2A as a bad joke on other schools...along with Alcoa. I would expect to see those two facing off for the title in a rematch, unless someone pulls off a huge shocker. Lewis is a very good football team, but the Cougars should win this one going away.

AMEN to all of the above!