Region 1-A vs. 2-A

goosevol

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I believe it will be a good game. Hampton will be able to pound the rock because they are more physical and will be able to throw some also. The key will be how fast will they adjust to Harrimans speed or will they at all. Goins is the real deal. He can do it all and throws on the run very precisely. I say Harriman 28-17

Hampton adjusted to the speed of Harriman quite well last season, Hampton has better overall team speed than they did a year ago. You have to try to contain speed. Hampton punished Harriman a year ago. they were absolutely beat into submission. They still play the same way. Hampton is big and they like to hit, my kind of football. Now lets GET READY TO RUMMMMMMMMBULLLLLLLLLLL.

Hey, all-in-all, region 2 is better than region 1. But this is the last time I'm going to say this: Sunbright WOULD NOT beat Cosby, Sunbright WOULD NOT beat Unaka, and Sunbright WOULD NOT EVEN HOLD A CANDLE to Hampton. Sunbright got 6 EASY wins against 6 CUP-CAKE opponents. EVERY TIME Sunbright played a team that was half-way decent, they choked and/or quit and got beat. Sunbright had a mediocre team this year with a few pretty good players, but they weren't that good either... And about your comment that Sunbright could still beat Cosby/Unaka next year, I've only got one thing to say about that: YOU'RE AN IDIOT! Sunbright will be lucky to even beat Oakdale next year. So the football team will be just as bad, if not worse, than all the other sports teams at Sunbright...

Let me see now... who was it that Unaka beat? 7 "cupcake" teams wasn't it? Who was it Cosby beat? 9 "cupcake" teams wasn't it? Why do you all want to run down a bunch of high school kids when your school beat even weaker competition than they did?

The average rankings of the teams Sunbright beat was 307, Unaka's minus Hurley Va. was 311 and Cosby's average beaten opponent ranking was 309. So you can tell neither team exactly beat any great teams. I would also like to state that the memory on the spring scrimmage game seems to be very different than what I remember because Sunbright was without 6 of their starters (QB, 2 WR's, FB, 2Linemen) as well and it was Sunbright 3 TDs plus 2 point conversions to Cosby's 1 TD until the second string started playing and then Cosby came back and tied it up. But hey it was just a scrimmage and both teams evidently had key players out and we can go on and on about what might have happened and what didn't happen can't we.

But there is no need to slander a bunch of kids because somebody else says something you don't like. The kids can't help how much money is put into these sports programs and what school administration decides to do with that money. Coach Newberry, just as Coach Shelton has in Cosby, has really started working on building a better football program and their hard work will start to pay off and should be commended. Yes, Sunbright will be very down next year unless they get some transfers, but they shouldn't have any trouble winning 3 games or so. They do have some pretty good talent coming up in the Jr high and elementary ranks so they shouldn't be down for to long. Good luck to all the local teams and my apologies to any of the teams if I offended anyone, just don't like to see our kids ran down any more than you all like to see your's ran down.

Edited by Willy41360

Guest Shocker0

Hey, all-in-all, region 2 is better than region 1. But this is the last time I'm going to say this: Sunbright WOULD NOT beat Cosby, Sunbright WOULD NOT beat Unaka, and Sunbright WOULD NOT EVEN HOLD A CANDLE to Hampton. Sunbright got 6 EASY wins against 6 CUP-CAKE opponents. EVERY TIME Sunbright played a team that was half-way decent, they choked and/or quit and got beat. Sunbright had a mediocre team this year with a few pretty good players, but they weren't that good either... And about your comment that Sunbright could still beat Cosby/Unaka next year, I've only got one thing to say about that: YOU'RE AN IDIOT! Sunbright will be lucky to even beat Oakdale next year. So the football team will be just as bad, if not worse, than all the other sports teams at Sunbright...

Okay Ranger, name 1 TEAM, just 1 team, that Unaka has beat that has a winning record this season..or even a 5-5 record. Wait, I already know...NONE...what can they brag about? They are cupcakes and that is all they have beat all year. What can you say you accomplished?

"well, we only lost to Cosby by 13, and they finished 9-1"...and they beat 9 muffins to be the best muffin in the region. Unaka couldn't even get them. If Sunbright played your schedule, they would be 6-3 too.

Your right about Sunbright choking, because they had three chances to hang with, and possibly tak the lead against Coalfield a couple Fridays ago in the fourth quarter and couldn't get it in...but their talent is not "mediocre" as you say. They have as much talent as Midway...they just never put it all to use for an entire game, other than maybe the Kings Academy game...and right now, Sunbright has the upper hand on Unaka, because at least they beat someone with a winning record...

ANd one last thing...let's hear Unaka's mighty winning tradition that they have always had?

The average rankings of the teams Sunbright beat was 307, Unaka's minus Hurley Va. was 311 and Cosby's average beaten opponent ranking was 309.

Friend I wouldn't put all my stock in those Sonny Morre Rankings. Those are nothing but a waste of time to read, and a monkey could do a better job rating teams while it was throwing its own crap around.... Until Friday, Sonny Moore had South Pitt ranked 3 spots higher than Temple, even though Temple just absolutely blew them out... And look at the rankings now. Look who is 2nd in 1A... Gordonsville??? :thumb: They finished 3rd in thier region! The two teams that beat them, Friendship and TC, are ranked 2 and 8 spots below Gordonsville respectivly. And even look at Region 1. Cloudland finished without a conferance win, yet they are ranked 6 and 8 spots better than two conferance teams that beat them. So I wouldn't make much of those rankings if I were you...

Friend I wouldn't put all my stock in those Sonny Morre Rankings. Those are nothing but a waste of time to read, and a monkey could do a better job rating teams while it was throwing its own crap around.... Until Friday, Sonny Moore had South Pitt ranked 3 spots higher than Temple, even though Temple just absolutely blew them out... And look at the rankings now. Look who is 2nd in 1A... Gordonsville??? :thumb: They finished 3rd in thier region! The two teams that beat them, Friendship and TC, are ranked 2 and 8 spots below Gordonsville respectivly. And even look at Region 1. Cloudland finished without a conferance win, yet they are ranked 6 and 8 spots better than two conferance teams that beat them. So I wouldn't make much of those rankings if I were you...

I do somewhat agree with you on what you are saying, as there is no way to get a completely accurate ratings of any teams, especially earlier in the year. I just hope my point wasn't misunderstood as neither of the three teams exactly beat any great teams and statistically they were pretty evenly matched so in all actuality, no fans from either team has a right to do to much trash talk. Look at the teams they had all three played, there were very similar scores and results across the board, so really no need for insulting each other's team as neither actually proved they had a right to brag. I love to see good high school competition and not all teams can be world beaters, but I hope each and every fan is just as proud of their 0-10 team as any fan of a 10-0 team and shows their support for these kids.

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in trying to prove our point that we forget who really matters, and that is the young men that strap it up every Friday night and give their all so we can even have something to yap about......... Peace and best wishes to all the kids and hope each one from ALL teams know they are appreciated for their efforts whether you are All-State or a bench warmer.

I do somewhat agree with you on what you are saying, as there is no way to get a completely accurate ratings of any teams, especially earlier in the year. I just hope my point wasn't misunderstood as neither of the three teams exactly beat any great teams and statistically they were pretty evenly matched so in all actuality, no fans from either team has a right to do to much trash talk. Look at the teams they had all three played, there were very similar scores and results across the board, so really no need for insulting each other's team as neither actually proved they had a right to brag. I love to see good high school competition and not all teams can be world beaters, but I hope each and every fan is just as proud of their 0-10 team as any fan of a 10-0 team and shows their support for these kids.

Sometimes we get so wrapped up in trying to prove our point that we forget who really matters, and that is the young men that strap it up every Friday night and give their all so we can even have something to yap about......... Peace and best wishes to all the kids and hope each one from ALL teams know they are appreciated for their efforts whether you are All-State or a bench warmer.

I like it.

if hampton is going to come out on top this friday they can"t come out and play two bad quaters and two good quarters they are going to have to come out and be a first half and second half team if they are going to go all the way this year because they have the talent to play with all the other top teams out there so pull together and get the confidence of knowing that you all can play with the best and show all those other regions that you all are for real good luck and GOD BLESS YOU ALL