Spring Hill at David Lipscomb

SHHSRaiders27

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is DL's 2nd year in AAA. They had an EASY road to state last year, and got beat soundly. The competition this year in the playoffs is definitely tougher. I'm a Nashville fan, so if Lipscomb can make it to state the tough playoff games will have them better prepared. I don't know much about SHHS, so I'm interested to read other comments on the match-up.

It's up to Spring Hill. They have to decide whether or not they believe they can do it... I challenge any other Spring Hill fans/alumni out there that was in Lexington to show up in Nashville next week and create from the blow of the first whistle on what you created in the 3rd quarter. Anyone that was there last night knows what I'm talking about and nothing else needs to be said about it... Way to go Raiders. You made a lot of Spring Hill fans/alumni proud. Trust me...

Whatever it takes.

If Spring Hill wins it'll be a HUGE upset no chance for the boys on the HIll

I wouldn't say NO chance...I will say upset...but NO chance is stretching it a little...and if SH's crowd is anything like it was vs Lexington...David Lipscomb needs to work on silent snap counts...I don't think many high school teams out there can play against a rough crowd, and that's what I think Spring Hill will bring, this team has the ability, the heart, and the support...it's coming together at the right time and they're clicking on all cylinders, it will be closer than people think...I know it will be.

Like Raiders27, I think it would be an upset not a huge one. Spring Hill is playing it's best football right now. Teams that are hot are dangerous because they start believing in the difficult. If Spring Hill plays like it did in the game at lexington it will be a close one. I hope the 12th man that was there Friday shows up this Friday because I think the crowd really fuelled the boys in the 3rd quarter. Get your noise makers and signs ready, here we go for round 2! :thumb:

It WOULD be an upset and I don't see it happening.

Having said that, I think Spring Hill CAN do it. The formula is pretty simply stated but hard to accomplish...stop David Lipscomb's offense.

Even though DL is great on defense, I think Spring Hill will move the ball and get points. Shutting down that wing-t offense will be key and only Goodpasture has done that this year. I don't think Spring Hill has Goodpasture type defensive players.

"Round Two:Closer than most people think"---Who or what people is/are thinking that? Its been less than 24 hours since the end of Round 1.

To your credit: Lipscomb played Cheatham County twice last year. The regular season game was a blow out. The Playoff game was like 13-3. Count me into that conversation. It could be.

Edited by vandy1

"Round Two:Closer than most people think"---Who or what people is/are thinking that? Its been less than 24 hours since the end of Round 1.

To your credit: Lipscomb played Cheatham County twice last year. The regular season game was a blow out. The Playoff game was like 13-3. Count me into that conversation. It could be.

That's what I was thinking as well vandy1. Also like the Cubs last year Spring Hill is rolling into this football game winners of several consecutive games in a row. Their backs could give any defense in the state fits on a given night.