Henry County vs Melrose

I said nothing about the Patriots making mistakes although they did. I did say your passing game was suspect & it is. East made mistakes and yall took advantage like you should have. The better team did not win the game. However as the saying goes to team who make least amount of mistakes will more-than-likely win the game. And that is what happen.

And you too will enjoy your weeks off after this game. Trust...

T.C.

Obviously the best team won on Friday night, how can you say they did not, you said that East made a lot of mistakes, well not making mistakes is part of being a good team, Our passing game was suspect on last Friday but it has not been all year, one night, now the 38% passing attack of East, is that a sollid attack, most certainly not even efficient, a lot of yards but not many points. Now that running attack of the Patrtiots, well that was pretty efficient. I try and give credit where credit is due, and you coach crawford can give all the credit for losing the game to East and I will give it to HC. I am starting to see how your mind works, after HC beats Melrose, HC will not have anything to do with Melrose losing but Melrose will be to blame. Opponents rarely have anything to do with the outcome. Maryville, did they beat Melrose last year or did Melrsoe beat themselves, I know your answer, dont bother, the best team has won the last 3 state titles in 4a, and it will again this year, whoever it may be.

Coach rest on the fact that you think the best team lost, well they were not the best that night, and the best I can tell is that is the only night that matters for that game, end of story.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again, I am not a fan of HC but I love high school football. If you do not think the best team won the game, then there is something seriously wrong with you my "crawfishfulling" friend!!!! East has great athletes and great weapons but the YANKER doubts they would have scored at all if not for HC gifts of field position. HC should have been up three TD's at the half and the game should really have been a blowout. You have a good team but your assessment of the game is from the heart rather than the head. Those of us who love our team all have the same problem...so do not fret my friend.

Very gracefully put Yanker! You need to move to Henryland and get a job up here somewhere so that you can become an HC faithful!!! :thumb:

Once again, I am not a fan of HC but I love high school football. If you do not think the best team won the game, then there is something seriously wrong with you my "crawfishfulling" friend!!!! East has great athletes and great weapons but the YANKER doubts they would have scored at all if not for HC gifts of field position. HC should have been up three TD's at the half and the game should really have been a blowout. You have a good team but your assessment of the game is from the heart rather than the head. Those of us who love our team all have the same problem...so do not fret my friend.

Yall keep mentioning field position. But in an earlier post. Yall said that our kicking game was suspect to say the least, and that we would have poor field position all night. Let me enlighten you on why we had good field position all night. Everytime yall kicked the ball, you all were so frighten by our speed that you intentionally kick the ball short to keep it out of the hands of our dangerous returners. H.C. is extra slow. And there is no way you all wanted to deal with our speed. So the field position was that way because of yalls fear. And if the O C would have kept exploiting yall slowness we would not be having this conversation.

Thus Melrose has speed and a better D than East. Trust. This will be yalls last game.

Good Luck Though.

T.C.

I said nothing about the Patriots making mistakes although they did. I did say your passing game was suspect & it is. East made mistakes and yall took advantage like you should have. The better team did not win the game. However as the saying goes to team who make least amount of mistakes will more-than-likely win the game. And that is what happen.

And you too will enjoy your weeks off after this game. Trust...

T.C.

Come on TC! I was not even at the game and I know this isn't true. HC was good against Ridgeway in the first game. I am thinking they improved through the year as did East. But remember East is a young team that has its years ahead of them. I've seen Melrose and I think HC has a shot at bringing them down. But they will have to play good, real good.

Yall keep mentioning field position. But in an earlier post. Yall said that our kicking game was suspect to say the least, and that we would have poor field position all night. Let me enlighten you on why we had good field position all night. Everytime yall kicked the ball, you all were so frighten by our speed that you intentionally kick the ball short to keep it out of the hands of our dangerous returners. H.C. is extra slow. And there is no way you all wanted to deal with our speed. So the field position was that way because of yalls fear. And if the O C would have kept exploiting yall slowness we would not be having this conversation.

Thus Melrose has speed and a better D than East. Trust. This will be yalls last game.

Good Luck Though.

T.C.

Jeez, the only field position we are talking about is the TWO times we GAVE it to you in the red zone. You scored both times.

Short kicks were because we have recovered a few of those throughout the year. Scared?!?!? Or maybe smart .... are you really a coach?!?!?

Come on TC! I was not even at the game and I know this isn't true. HC was good against Ridgeway in the first game. I am thinking they improved through the year as did East. But remember East is a young team that has its years ahead of them. I've seen Melrose and I think HC has a shot at bringing them down. But they will have to play good, real good.

Sleuthy,

I will admit that Melrose isn't them the team that they have been in the past. But I'm sorry, I just was not impressed with H.C. over all. Winning the game is one thing.. Matter-of-Fact, had H.C. dominated us from start to finish, I would be the first to give them their props. That was not the case, They capitalize on our mistakes (as good teams do) Yall say we capitalized on yalls mistakes in the first half and we did. Which brings me back to my earlier post. The team that makes the least amount of mistakes normally wins the game. H.C. did not dominate East by no means. The score doesn't tell the real story either.

The props that I will give you is that you won the GAME.

T.C.

Good Luck to both teams.

Yet a new personality with a "rough edge"...the YANKER is both worried AND proud...my "Double Easting-Double Moutherful Callingly-Non Expectorant-Much Musterful-Often Mistakenly-Politefully Rough Edged" friend of the YANKER!!!!!

It is good to keep them guessing. Even though no one else knows which personality will surface, I am always in control of the SPEAKER. I am glad you are proud that I did not delete this message and fear not the wrath of the one to whom I was responding. By the way, I hope your father does well.

Edited by realredpride

Sleuthy,

I will admit that Melrose isn't them the team that they have been in the past. But I'm sorry, I just was not impressed with H.C. over all. Winning the game is one thing.. Matter-of-Fact, had H.C. dominated us from start to finish, I would be the first to give them their props. That was not the case, They capitalize on our mistakes (as good teams do) Yall say we capitalized on yalls mistakes in the first half and we did. Which brings me back to my earlier post. The team that makes the least amount of mistakes normally wins the game. H.C. did not dominate East by no means. The score doesn't tell the real story either.

The props that I will give you is that you won the GAME.

T.C.

Good Luck to both teams.

TC,

I think you misunderstand me. I am not HC or rooting for them. I am an old hand from Memphis who loves football. Ridgeway my team. All I have to go by is what is written on these boards, stats and scores. I was pulling for East and will be pulling for Melrose this week. I want to see as many Memphis area teams in the bowl as possible! Before the game last week, I didn't think that East would be able to pull one out against Henry. They are a tough discipline team. East is young and trying to get it together with a first year coach and a rough start. Sounds like you gave them a run for their money. In my opinion, I just don't think that East was as good as Henry. Next year may be different, I think East will be a power in Memphis next year.

Jeez, the only field position we are talking about is the TWO times we GAVE it to you in the red zone. You scored both times.

Short kicks were because we have recovered a few of those throughout the year. Scared?!?!? Or maybe smart .... are you really a coach?!?!?

Scared?!?!? Yes very scared!!!! Yalls team speed is ummmmm Extra Slow.

So yall kicked the ball where you should have. And yes it was Smart. Yall knew better. Speed kills. East should have kept exploiting that. But whats done is done.

Good Luck to yall this Friday.

T.C.

To change the subject, there has been in the past some Memphis coach bashing on here. In fact, I was one who complained about some of them. According to what I heard, the new Melrose coach is a class act. He is helpful (traded three tapes), friendly, and a good coach. I also heard that Munford is practically begging for tapes from us. Our head coach said he would help them if they would agree to swap with us next year during the regular season; Munford coach said no way. I know I bring this up a lot, and everyone has different opinions; however, I personally find it to be ridiculous that he won't play the game the way every coach I have ever known does. It's just a hang up of mine. I'll get over it.

Melrose is 4real this post season. Everyone is focused and ready to play. The reason they scored after halftime is because Jr. MLB #7 Antonio Harper sat the rest of the game out(hurt ham string) who got an offer Florida State last week.He makes our Defense 100 times better when hes out there. Our Offense has a complete make-over since our head coach started calling the plays(instead of our O.C). Expect us to be in the State this year because we are 4real.

Melrose:42 Henry County:7

Melrose58:

I stopped by the game on Friday right after you guys went up 22-0. That was in the 2nd quarter with about 6 minutes to play I think. I noticed later that I didn't see #7 in the game and I wondered where he was. This is a reason for concern because #7 is to this years team what "Baby Ray" meant to the 2004 team. I remember when Antonio was gettin bigtime minutes playing LB as a 9th grader. I hope he is well enough to play this week.