Henry County vs Melrose

It's good to see that the Melrose offense is opening up. I have felt all year that there was more scoring potential that could be utilized and more pressure placed on opponents defenses. Looks like Coach Alexander's years of high level experience on the offensive side of the ball is being reflected on the field.

Yes, this is a young team, but this is game 12 coming up. If we can curb our enthusiasm on defense a little, this could be a nice run. This Melrose team may not be as strong as some of the previous teams, but are 10-1 during a reloading year. I will take our chances.

This is playoff time and just about every team can play at this stage. Henry County is no exception. Melrose will have to play good football to advance. So come on down to the Mound and buckle up you chin straps.

Well, well, well ... if it isn't my old friend OMW. I know your M.O. Caution is the rule of the day. That being said, I think your Golden Wildcats will have a game on their hands. I imagine your brother has already sent you the film of the last game played. Hit me up in email, I have a few questions I'd like to ask that I dare not do in this forum.

By the way ... I did take notice of the trick play that Hardin County ran to score their 2nd or 3rd TD, I can't remember which. I couldn't help but think that that was the perfect play to call for 2 reasons. One ... Hardin executed it to perfection and it worked. Two, the Melrose defense was reminded of last years championship game, and now they are preparing for it, because they will see it again. Maybe not that exact same play, but the trickery.

Anyway ... I have to run out of the office for a while, hit my email if you read this anytime soon, otherwise, I'll hit you up.

Peace!

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To change the subject, there has been in the past some Memphis coach bashing on here. In fact, I was one who complained about some of them. According to what I heard, the new Melrose coach is a class act. He is helpful (traded three tapes), friendly, and a good coach. I also heard that Munford is practically begging for tapes from us. Our head coach said he would help them if they would agree to swap with us next year during the regular season; Munford coach said no way. I know I bring this up a lot, and everyone has different opinions; however, I personally find it to be ridiculous that he won't play the game the way every coach I have ever known does. It's just a hang up of mine. I'll get over it.

I have heard the same thing about Coach Randall. I don't understand how a coach could actually expect a team to swap tapes with him and he not do the same in return :thumb: . That is crazy. I would not swap with anyone who doesn't return the favor. The Nerve of some people.

T.C.

To change the subject, there has been in the past some Memphis coach bashing on here. In fact, I was one who complained about some of them. According to what I heard, the new Melrose coach is a class act. He is helpful (traded three tapes), friendly, and a good coach. I also heard that Munford is practically begging for tapes from us. Our head coach said he would help them if they would agree to swap with us next year during the regular season; Munford coach said no way. I know I bring this up a lot, and everyone has different opinions; however, I personally find it to be ridiculous that he won't play the game the way every coach I have ever known does. It's just a hang up of mine. I'll get over it.

I hope you do get over it. I will tell you point blank, I have sent tapes to region 7 coaches over the past nine years. For a number of years I had no problems. Then the problems began. I received poor tape, old tapes, and found that many of my tapes had been forwarded to "buddies" that were coaching at schools we were to play at later dates. By receiving these tapes, suddenly I couldn't get people to return phone calls, much less swap tape. SO..I QUIT!! I'll drive, I'll send scouts, and do what I need to do to get tape or scouting reports that I need. I make my living coaching football. All I've ever asked for is a level playing field. When EVERYONE decides to cooperate, I'll have no problem falling in with the program. The simplest thing to do and I have lobbied the tssaa for this to happen is to make it mandatory for opposing teams to swap two of the last three game tapes. This makes it fair for everyone and cuts out all the wasted time and hard feelings.

That may well be the reason H.C. coaches thought that East would not trade films. Well East has a new coach. And as far as I know he does not mind trading tapes at all. I wonder if Munfords former coach had a problem trading tapes.

Or is this just the way that Coach Randall handles his affairs.

Not trying to coach bash at all just stating facts.

T.C.

I have heard the same thing about Coach Randall. I don't understand how a coach could actually expect a team to swap tapes with him and he not do the same in return :thumb: . That is crazy. I would not swap with anyone who doesn't return the favor. The Nerve of some people.

T.C.

If I have a policy of not swapping tape, I can assure you I will not be ASKING for any. I don't swap tape...I don't ask!

If I have a policy of not swapping tape, I can assure you I will not be ASKING for any. I don't swap tape...I don't ask!

This is absolutely childish. All coaches in region 7, except you, swap and have no problems working with each other. You may not ask, but you sure don't mind having your assistants ask several times. It would be ridiculous for anyone to give you a tape when you won't work with them. I am shocked that a head coach is on coach t talking about what happened nine years ago. Maybe you should give them a chance before you assume. I guarantee you our head coach is not worried about coach t or your policy. He is working on the game and teaching his classes.

Edited by realredpride

TC,

I think you misunderstand me. I am not HC or rooting for them. I am an old hand from Memphis who loves football. Ridgeway my team. All I have to go by is what is written on these boards, stats and scores. I was pulling for East and will be pulling for Melrose this week. I want to see as many Memphis area teams in the bowl as possible! Before the game last week, I didn't think that East would be able to pull one out against Henry. They are a tough discipline team. East is young and trying to get it together with a first year coach and a rough start. Sounds like you gave them a run for their money. In my opinion, I just don't think that East was as good as Henry. Next year may be different, I think East will be a power in Memphis next year.

Sleuthey,

I appreciate your clearing that up. East is a young team with a first year head coach that did a great job with what he had to work with. East made big strides from week 1 to week 11. Mistakes killed us in the end. H.C. took advantage as they should have & won the game.

I too am a Ridgeway fan. If you look closely at my last name you will know who my nephew is. #32. Now that a real Running Back. That had over 1000 yards in 6 games (Hint H.C. on what a really good running back is capable of) Oh yeah I forgot yall got a taste of that earlier this year & last year.

T.C.

Sleuthey, I will see you at the game vs Woodale this Friday should be a good.

Hopefully Coach Cooley comes up with a good game plan to slow Woodale. We already know what there game plan is going to be. Same as everyone else's:

Stop Crawford.... Easier said than Done.

Good Luck RoadRunner's & Do what you do Aaron.

Uncle T

That may well be the reason H.C. coaches thought that East would not trade films. Well East has a new coach. And as far as I know he does not mind trading tapes at all. I wonder if Munfords former coach had a problem trading tapes.

Or is this just the way that Coach Randall handles his affairs.

Not trying to coach bash at all just stating facts.

T.C.

no problems with Munford's coach last year

Well, well, well ... if it isn't my old friend OMW. I know your M.O. Caution is the rule of the day. That being said, I think your Golden Wildcats will have a game on their hands. I imagine your brother has already sent you the film of the last game played. Hit me up in email, I have a few questions I'd like to ask that I dare not do in this forum.

By the way ... I did take notice of the trick play that Hardin County ran to score their 2nd or 3rd TD, I can't remember which. I couldn't help but think that that was the perfect play to call for 2 reasons. One ... Hardin executed it to perfection and it worked. Two, the Melrose defense was reminded of last years championship game, and now they are preparing for it, because they will see it again. Maybe not that exact same play, but the trickery.

Anyway ... I have to run out of the office for a while, hit my email if you read this anytime soon, otherwise, I'll hit you up.

Peace!

KDUB,

I know we will have our hands full. This will be a tough one. I am glad the game is at home. If we keep our assignments and don't get too agressive, I like our chances. I will email you later today when I get back to the office..

OMW

Yall keep mentioning field position. But in an earlier post. Yall said that our kicking game was suspect to say the least, and that we would have poor field position all night. Let me enlighten you on why we had good field position all night. Everytime yall kicked the ball, you all were so frighten by our speed that you intentionally kick the ball short to keep it out of the hands of our dangerous returners. H.C. is extra slow. And there is no way you all wanted to deal with our speed. So the field position was that way because of yalls fear. And if the O C would have kept exploiting yall slowness we would not be having this conversation.

Thus Melrose has speed and a better D than East. Trust. This will be yalls last game.

Good Luck Though.

T.C.

If we are so slow how come we could run interception back 90 yards?

I too am a Ridgeway fan. If you look closely at my last name you will know who my nephew is. #32. Now that a real Running Back. That had over 1000 yards in 6 games (Hint H.C. on what a really good running back is capable of) Oh yeah I forgot yall got a taste of that earlier this year & last year.

T.C.

I wondered if there was any relation. Now I know. Ridgeway's running back is the real deal. I look forward to hearing about him in the future on Saturday's AND Sunday's! You have a great nephew, seems like a really good kid.

Now, for the comment regarding our "Baby Back" as Yanker likes to refer to him. Since you are Aaron Crawford's uncle, give me an idea on how this will turn out. #34 is a young sophomore who didn't play running back much the first two games of this season. He was primarily a Defensive tackle. Last year as a freshman, he played tailback some and had his first 100yd game against a tough Brighton team. Now this year he is getting his time and making the best of it. His Dad holds the record of most yards rushing in a game at HC with 278. #34 is determined to break that record during his career. How did Crawford do as a Freshman and Sophomore? When did he break out as a premier running back? I believe you will hear more about Dominique Allen (our #34) in the future. He is no nimble, lightening fast back as Crawford is, but he is one of the most solid running backs I have ever seen dragging defenders along the way. He weighs in at 250lbs and runs about a 4.7 forty. Granted, you didn't see our best game the other night. But stats don't lie. I am truly interested in your opinion on this.

I wondered if there was any relation. Now I know. Ridgeway's running back is the real deal. I look forward to hearing about him in the future on Saturday's AND Sunday's! You have a great nephew, seems like a really good kid.

Now, for the comment regarding our "Baby Back" as Yanker likes to refer to him. Since you are Aaron Crawford's uncle, give me an idea on how this will turn out. #34 is a young sophomore who didn't play running back much the first two games of this season. He was primarily a Defensive tackle. Last year as a freshman, he played tailback some and had his first 100yd game against a tough Brighton team. Now this year he is getting his time and making the best of it. His Dad holds the record of most yards rushing in a game at HC with 278. #34 is determined to break that record during his career. How did Crawford do as a Freshman and Sophomore? When did he break out as a premier running back? I believe you will hear more about Dominique Allen (our #34) in the future. He is no nimble, lightening fast back as Crawford is, but he is one of the most solid running backs I have ever seen dragging defenders along the way. He weighs in at 250lbs and runs about a 4.7 forty. Granted, you didn't see our best game the other night. But stats don't lie. I am truly interested in your opinion on this.

Crawford was at Melrose (scary, I know) the first part of his frosh year and then transferred to Hamilton. He moved into Ridgeway's district at the middle of August during his Soph year and spent a lot of time learning the system. He could've started midway through the year, but we had a 4 year Sr. tailback and out of respect didn't start AC. He also tore his hand open on the new turf at the Arkansas high school we played at, had to get stitches, and was forced out a few more weeks. Although he didn't start he still got a few carries week ina nd week out. As all of you know his Jr. year he exploded finishing wiht over 2200 yards (he left many games halfway thru the 3rd quarter b/c of the lopsided scoreboard). By the way, in the Bartlett game last year, he ran for 232 yds on 9 carries , and left the game after the 1st quarter b/c he got dehydrated. And what has happened this year is history...he gets my vote as far and away the best RB in Tennessee.