Sevier Co. @ Ooltewah

thorough97

When you complete 20 passes, you are going to give up some yardage. With the exception of one slant that was completed for 44 yards, the Yards After the Catch (YAC) was pretty non-existant. That's a sign of a well-coached, solid tackling defense. Setting up the game plan to contain #12 was a good job and #5 was the more accurate QB in my opinion. When you don't get much after the catch, it's going to take longer to score. If you are going to complain about this year's secondary, it's 10 times better than last year's.

And one more thing, Jeremy Woods is probably the #1 reason why this team is still 12-0. He made at least 4 plays tonight that his brother either could not or would not have made in any of his 3 years as a starter and just didn't make a quarter of the bad decisions his brother would have made, IMO.

You are preaching to the choir my friend I would have started Jeremy last year and Zach would have been a B his senior year. GO OWLS>

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piece of pie BBbest? :thumb:

I don't think so. I was not going to say anything, but your comment prompts me to say a little more. This is not humble pie at all. And I decided to go to the game to see what I thought was a pretty good match up, so let me explain.

First, Sevier County did not get blown out. I never said Ooltewah wouldn't win; I said that Sevier County would be a good test for them. The score was 27-14 and could have been closer; I would readily acknowledge it also could have been by a wider margin as well.

Second, Ooltewah dominated on the ground (249 to 82 yards) and Sevier dominated in the air (238-102 yards). Total yards in the game were pretty close -- Ooltewah--351 and Sevier County--320. That is not by definition a blowout as was being predicted by you and many of the Owl faithful.

Third, Ooltewah almost self-imploded on the last drive of the first half. What in the world was going on? The Turner kids hit on the sidelines, long after a very high pass sailed past the reciever, was absolutely unnecessary, and had the ball been catchable, I would not have had a problem with the hit at all. Two more unsportsman like conduct penalties prior to the touchdown pass were hard to understand, because all we could see was the defensive front jumping all around from the stands, which leads me to believe they must have been saying something they shouldn't have. And though I'm not sure the Lansden kid should have been thrown out, his behavior was a little out of control. Yes, that drive was a little frustrating to watch, but you can still control your actions.

Fourth, Ooltewah struggled with pass defense once again. I saw the Farragut game on TV and it was much the same. Some pretty quick Ooltewah defenders just give too much room to the receivers. This happens time and time again.

No, I don't think I will need to eat humble pie. The game was hard fought and closer than the Owl faithful thought it was going to be. I believe Ooltewah was the better team, and having seen them play a couple of times during the season, they have improved greatly. But no... no humble pie here.

Why don't you cheer your team for the efforts and quit trying to attack people who gave an educated and objective view of what was going to happen in the game. Ooltewah can be proud of their accomplishments. 12-0 is not bad at all. There is still more to play and it will get tougher. Farragut is a better team than Sevier County.

Edited by basketballisbest

Lansden did cuss the officials, my son told me. And, as far as taking up for the officials, I only do it when they are right. On the play at the end of the half SC called timeout and I was watching the clock. When the official signaled timeout there was one half second left on clock. You cannot put a half second on the clock so the refs called for one second to be restored. The call was correct. Remember I have a son on the Owls team, so I could whine like the rest of you, but the difference is I can remain objective. By the way, there is no such rule as an uncatchable ball in high school And for you Coach Green doubters, he is a great defensive coach. You can coach the players the right way to play, but you cannot make them play the way you coach. Some of you people crack me up with your analysis of the games. For instance, how many of you know the rule for the number of legal forward passes was changed last year. Before then, you could throw any number of legal forward passes. But the rule change states only one legal forward pass on any given down. The last play by SC, there were two forward passes, and that includes passes behing the line, and the penalty is a five yard penalty from the spot of the foul, where the pass was thrown, and loss of down. That is why Ooltewah got the ball back after the playand was able to take a knee to win the game. Also, the officials were from Lebanon not the region that SC is in. TSSAA rules state that all playoff games shall use nuetral officials, and the TSSAA pays the officials in every playoff game, not the home team.

Good post. Unfortunately, a few of the Ooltewah posters have continued to talk smack, rather than put up the facts. It is the players who do the playing. I think there are entirely too many posters on CoachT who attack their coaches. This is high school football. Give em a break.

For you guys who think Watson is all hype you are wrong. I've seen him play of TV. He is the real deal. He might not of looked good tonight but he has never been hit like he was. There were 3-4 times where he got up slowly not to mention he plays defense to and is one heck of a corner. Sevier has a good team. In my opinion they were better than Farragut. They were just as big and had a lot more team speed. Thats just my opinion though. Next week should be a great game. Farragut's QB is out with a collarbone injury. There should be tons of people at this game. GO OWLS!

For you guys who think Watson is all hype you are wrong. I've seen him play of TV. He is the real deal. He might not of looked good tonight but he has never been hit like he was. There were 3-4 times where he got up slowly not to mention he plays defense to and is one heck of a corner. Sevier has a good team. In my opinion they were better than Farragut. They were just as big and had a lot more team speed. Thats just my opinion though. Next week should be a great game. Farragut's QB is out with a collarbone injury. There should be tons of people at this game. GO OWLS!

We'll see about which one of these teams are better. I do agree with you, Watson was a tough football player. For not being a really big guy, he was a gamer. He got back up off the deck and kept playing. I would love to be a coach for him and anyone with the heart he played with.

sevier county just couldn't put it together when they needed it i went to the game and sat on the purple side.......they just got outplayed.....as for owls quarterback he is as good as advertised....... i really like the way he stepped up into the pocket and ran when he need to........ now how about good ole watson lining up at reciever last play of the half and going up against two defenders and coming down with the big catch........now that kid wants it.....i was very impressed with owls running back has a quick burst.....very explosive i was just glad we were able to catch him most of the time.....i'm not really sure what happened with watson's passing game maybe his depth perception was a little off after takin those licks?????.....all in all it was a fun game to watch.... congrats to the owls now go and kick some admiral butt cause i hate hate hate them!!!!!!!!

Arsenio wasl never Antonio, I'll take my chances with Nathan, and the rest but the Coach needs to put em in the right place. Front 7 can handle rush cover 2 or cover 3 PLAY some D on 2ndary.

do you realize that there are 2 juniors and a sophmore in the secondary, sevier has a good passing attack. chill out or shut up, these are kids that are playing there butts off. you can not expect perfection, i have seen nothing but 100% effort from these kids, keep up the good work boys. keep it rolling and dont pay attention to some of these idiots! go owls!

I have got to got to got to got to got to get some explanation for the end of the first half. Excessive Celebration after a 20 yard kick return and 15 yard personal foul? WHAT IS THERE TO CELEBRATE! I also don't understand 3 personal fouls on the last play, even though Arsenio(28) was kicked out for something. Who were the other three on? Explanation pleeeeeeze.

And then there was calling false start before our players even got down into a set position, and then there was not calling personal foul on the two THROW DOWNS of Horsch(8) after the play. What in the world.

Thankfully, they didn't miss the forward lateral at the end of the game, or was it inelligible reciever? Whatever, it wasn't legal whatever it was.

This movement looked like the way the Dallas Cowboys use to shift back in the day. Why did Oooltewah wait until the 3rd quarter on a 3rd and 5 to do this "shift" with the O-Line...... It was to draw the d-line off and try to get a free first down. By rule this is deception and the correct call was made by the officials, false start on the offense. Sounds like the correct call to me.

Edited by addictedtosports.com

COACH MONROE'S TEAMS HAVE ALWAYS DONE THAT. IT IS NOT ILLEGAL. LOOK IT UP..OR JUST ASK AN OFFICIAL.

I have got to got to got to got to got to get some explanation for the end of the first half. Excessive Celebration after a 20 yard kick return and 15 yard personal foul? WHAT IS THERE TO CELEBRATE! I also don't understand 3 personal fouls on the last play, even though Arsenio(28) was kicked out for something. Who were the other three on? Explanation pleeeeeeze.

And then there was calling false start before our players even got down into a set position, and then there was not calling personal foul on the two THROW DOWNS of Horsch(8) after the play. What in the world.

Thankfully, they didn't miss the forward lateral at the end of the game, or was it inelligible reciever? Whatever, it wasn't legal whatever it was.

This movement looked like the way the Dallas Cowboys use to shift back in the day. Why did Oooltewah wait until the 3rd quarter on a 3rd and 5 to do this "shift" with the O-Line...... It was to draw the d-line off and try to get a free first down. By rule this is deception and the correct call was made by the officials, false start on the offense. Sounds like the correct call to me.