Sevier Co. @ Ooltewah

thorough97

He, not I, is the Defensive Coordinator. I am just a fan like yourself. I too think the secondary is the weak link, but personel and sceam has something to do with it also. I like their chances next week. They will keep working hard on getting better, without Lansden for now. Go Owls! :thumb:

Arsenio wasl never Antonio, I'll take my chances with Nathan, and the rest but the Coach needs to put em in the right place. Front 7 can handle rush cover 2 or cover 3 PLAY some D on 2ndary.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He, not I, is the Defensive Coordinator. I am just a fan like yourself. I too think the secondary is the weak link, but personel and sceam has something to do with it also. I like their chances next week. They will keep working hard on getting better, without Lansden for now. Go Owls! :thumb:

He's not the Defensive Coordinator from what I understand Henderson coaches the front 7 and Greene has the other 4. Gatewood has the RB's and maybe I'm a litle out of the loop. but I knwo Greene has the 2ndary and they have been the Dee Dee Dee's of the Team all year. They have won in spite ot that not because of it.

First off you guys need to get off Coach Green's case. The team is 12-0 and that means he has to be doing something right. Sevier threw the ball 33 times tonight. They are going to get yards passing when they throw that many times. Ooltewah held Sevier to 70 total yards rushing. Held their stud QB who IS NOT overrated by no means to only 9 yards rushing. #12 is a stud at QB. He has never been hit like he was tonight so that might have something to do with it. He is more of a runner anyways but Ooltewah took that away. Coach Green works his butt off. He is the defensive coordinator of the only undefeated team in the state and everyone should get off his back about the secondary.

Ooltewah plays Farragut next week and I heard Farragut's QB is out with a collarbone. Ooltewah should take care of business and then head up to Riverdale. Good luck to both teams.

He's not the Defensive Coordinator from what I understand Henderson coaches the front 7 and Greene has the other 4. Gatewood has the RB's and maybe I'm a litle out of the loop. but I knwo Greene has the 2ndary and they have been the Dee Dee Dee's of the Team all year. They have won in spite ot that not because of it.

That shows you that you have no idea what you are talking about. Henderson coaches front 4. Graham coaches the linebackers and Green is the DEFENSIVE COORDINATOR and secondary coach. I really can't believe you are griping about something when Ooltewah is 12-0... Makes no sense at all...

You can talk as much as you want about the pass defense but I think they did a good job tonight. They did what was asked and that was stop the big plays. Ooltewah also had 2 inteceptions. They had 3 last week. Sounds pretty good to me. Sevier threw the ball 33 times tonight. 33 times... They are going to have 200+ yards with that many attempts espcially from a good team like Sevier. Thats allI'm going to say about that. Leave the man alone. He is a goodone. Trust me..

I'll bet you 10,000.00 he will be back and I think you have to be drunk. WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU!

Well I know that the Front 4 have brought it for 12 games and the linebackers are better than even the BMI and the only Coach lacking is the secondary..... I got 1000.00 says Greene is extinct next year. if he's DC? He better figure out how to stop a pass some time he's had 12 games to learn. I can send him some how to stop the pass on 3 and 10 or 4th and 8 for IDIOTs IF NEED BEE

When you complete 20 passes, you are going to give up some yardage. With the exception of one slant that was completed for 44 yards, the Yards After the Catch (YAC) was pretty non-existant. That's a sign of a well-coached, solid tackling defense. Setting up the game plan to contain #12 was a good job and #5 was the more accurate QB in my opinion. When you don't get much after the catch, it's going to take longer to score. If you are going to complain about this year's secondary, it's 10 times better than last year's.

And one more thing, Jeremy Woods is probably the #1 reason why this team is still 12-0. He made at least 4 plays tonight that his brother either could not or would not have made in any of his 3 years as a starter and just didn't make a quarter of the bad decisions his brother would have made, IMO.

Arsenio was complaining about the offensive player pushing off before the TD catch. (I think he was right.) He did not cuss the official, but he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut, he kept on complaining while walking back toward the huddle. In my opinion he did deserve a 15 yard penalty, be should not have gotten the second one nor been thrown out of the game. I don't think they should have put the 1 second back on the clock in the first place. Volmike will disagree, he always takes up for his boys in stripes. I think that may have been one of the worst officiated games I have seen all year. Thanks goodness our guys played through it. Go Owls!

Lansden did cuss the officials, my son told me. And, as far as taking up for the officials, I only do it when they are right. On the play at the end of the half SC called timeout and I was watching the clock. When the official signaled timeout there was one half second left on clock. You cannot put a half second on the clock so the refs called for one second to be restored. The call was correct. Remember I have a son on the Owls team, so I could whine like the rest of you, but the difference is I can remain objective. By the way, there is no such rule as an uncatchable ball in high school And for you Coach Green doubters, he is a great defensive coach. You can coach the players the right way to play, but you cannot make them play the way you coach. Some of you people crack me up with your analysis of the games. For instance, how many of you know the rule for the number of legal forward passes was changed last year. Before then, you could throw any number of legal forward passes. But the rule change states only one legal forward pass on any given down. The last play by SC, there were two forward passes, and that includes passes behing the line, and the penalty is a five yard penalty from the spot of the foul, where the pass was thrown, and loss of down. That is why Ooltewah got the ball back after the playand was able to take a knee to win the game. Also, the officials were from Lebanon not the region that SC is in. TSSAA rules state that all playoff games shall use nuetral officials, and the TSSAA pays the officials in every playoff game, not the home team.

Lansden did cuss the officials, my son told me. And, as far as taking up for the officials, I only do it when they are right. On the play at the end of the half SC called timeout and I was watching the clock. When the official signaled timeout there was one half second left on clock. You cannot put a half second on the clock so the refs called for one second to be restored. The call was correct. Remember I have a son on the Owls team, so I could whine like the rest of you, but the difference is I can remain objective. By the way, there is no such rule as an uncatchable ball in high school And for you Coach Green doubters, he is a great defensive coach. You can coach the players the right way to play, but you cannot make them play the way you coach. Some of you people crack me up with your analysis of the games. For instance, how many of you know the rule for the number of legal forward passes was changed last year. Before then, you could throw any number of legal forward passes. But the rule change states only one legal forward pass on any given down. The last play by SC, there were two forward passes, and that includes passes behing the line, and the penalty is a five yard penalty from the spot of the foul, where the pass was thrown, and loss of down. That is why Ooltewah got the ball back after the playand was able to take a knee to win the game. Also, the officials were from Lebanon not the region that SC is in. TSSAA rules state that all playoff games shall use nuetral officials, and the TSSAA pays the officials in every playoff game, not the home team.

Great post . Also to anyone who wants to bash the quarterback Corey Watson you have no clue what you are talking about. That kid is a ball player. He got knocked around alot tonight and that has not happened this year. Congrats to your defense on containing him and holding him to 9 yards rushing. Thats is absolutely amazing. I have not seen the owls play this year but corey watsons brother called me and said that you guys have a great team. If you can stop the run game of riverdale along with their running quarterback you should be in it till the end. No offense but it will be a very tough task to come into the boro and win at warrior field. Again congrats on your win sounds like you guys are the real deal.

Good post, I knew I could count on you to explain to all us that think we know the rules. Still not sure how they could run a play get sacked and still call timeout in 6 seconds, but that is in the past. I am glad they got the two forward pass call right, it might have gotten hairy if that play stands. I think the "D" played well tonight. Holding their QB in check was big.

Great post . Also to anyone who wants to bash the quarterback Corey Watson you have no clue what you are talking about. That kid is a ball player. He got knocked around alot tonight and that has not happened this year. Congrats to your defense on containing him and holding him to 9 yards rushing. Thats is absolutely amazing. I have not seen the owls play this year but corey watsons brother called me and said that you guys have a great team. If you can stop the run game of riverdale along with their running quarterback you should be in it till the end. No offense but it will be a very tough task to come into the boro and win at warrior field. Again congrats on your win sounds like you guys are the real deal.

I don't think anyone is bashing him. He showed alot of guts coming back in the game at least twice after some pretty tough hits. He is definately a gamer. I am not sure he had seen the team speed the Owls "D" showed him tonight. Good win for Ooltewah, time to move on to next week.