Sevier Co. @ Ooltewah

thorough97

If Riverdale is forced to pass, I believe their quarterback is more than capable. When you're averaging 400 yards on the ground you really don't have to pass. The competition is getting tougher so we'll see if Riverdale is forced to mix it up. Congrats to Ooltewah on the win.....

I can't see two teams, much less one team, rushing for 400 yards on the Owls. I hope they meet up. It would be a great game.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please dont talk about Coach Greene like that, the man knows more about football then you will ever know, ok thanks..

Trust me at Best he is RETARDED as a 2ndary coach and at worse he stinks. My GF could coach 2ndary better than him and she's a BB player. How many times has the 2ndary been burned on 3rd and 10 or 4 and 10 give me a break the 1 sec left td when everyone in the world knew they were throwing and you can't stop it???? Jump back in the closet Coach Greene..

Arsenio was complaining about the offensive player pushing off before the TD catch. (I think he was right.) He did not cuss the official, but he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut, he kept on complaining while walking back toward the huddle. In my opinion he did deserve a 15 yard penalty, be should not have gotten the second one nor been thrown out of the game. I don't think they should have put the 1 second back on the clock in the first place. Volmike will disagree, he always takes up for his boys in stripes. I think that may have been one of the worst officiated games I have seen all year. Thanks goodness our guys played through it. Go Owls!

Arsenio was complaining about the offensive player pushing off before the TD catch. (I think he was right.) He did not cuss the official, but he needs to learn to keep his mouth shut, he kept on complaining while walking back toward the huddle. In my opinion he did deserve a 15 yard penalty, be should not have gotten the second one nor been thrown out of the game. I don't think they should have put the 1 second back on the clock in the first place. Volmike will disagree, he always takes up for his boys in stripes. I think that may have been one of the worst officiated games I have seen all year. Thanks goodness our guys played through it. Go Owls!

The Zebras can decide a close game but this game was never close..

Trust me at Best he is RETARDED as a 2ndary coach and at worse he stinks. My GF could coach 2ndary better than him and she's a BB player. How many times has the 2ndary been burned on 3rd and 10 or 4 and 10 give me a break the 1 sec left td when everyone in the world knew they were throwing and you can't stop it???? Jump back in the closet Coach Greene..

Let's watch the name calling, I didn't seen Coach Greene play a single down this week or any other this year. He is a good coach. He is ten times better than what we had. The defense allowed 14 points tonight, both drives were kept alive by numerous penalties. All in all the "D" played a good game tonight. You have been an Owl supporter all year, I would suggest you support all The Owls. This is a TEAM, players, coaches, etc. We don't need the negative crap you are starting. :rolleyes:

Here is me doing my best analyst job since I've seen the Hilltoppers play both teams. With that omission comes an disclaimer that the boys played Sevier County in week 4 and the Ooltewah in the first round of the playoffs. Since the Sevier County game their has been a lot said in the community that the Head Coach is out and already knows it. If that's the case then it would explain the db game and the Owls, because it did not seem that they were trying to win either of those games to anyone I talked to whom watched them.

The SC game saw Science Hill jump out to an 10 point lead very quickly in the first quarter before the Bears scored 22 points in the second stanza. It wasn't that they scored but how they scored. They seemed to turn it up another notch and after an interception right before half time SC qb Watson made one of the most impressive runs, I've seen this year, on a scramble and 27 yard touchdown to put them up by 12. They capitalized on all of SHHS miscues and just beat the Toppers down with an mixture of runnig and passing that was precise and lethal. Don't get fooled into thinking that the Bears are Corey Watson and nothing else because they are loaded on the offensive side of the ball and play good defense.

Ooltewah allowed Science Hill to move the ball well. Of the 4 interceptions that were thrown by the SHHS starting qb maybe only one was forced, the others were bad decisions mixed with overconfidence. Science Hill gave the ball to the Owls four time in the first half and found theirselves only down 24-0 and at least to me, still in the game. Yes, SHHS was LUCKY to not be down by 50 but they weren't. Very impressed with the fullbacks (who I would give the ball more) and the outstanding tailback that plays for Ooltewah. They have outstanding speed on both sides of the ball and play alot of man to man coverage. They tackle very well. Do any outstanding job of play calling on offense to create space for their skill players to work with. Outstanding offense and good defense but seem to lack an killer instinct and that's just because they didn't captialize on the turnovers like I like to see good teams do. They are good and without an doubt on the best two teams that SHHS faced this year........the other is Sevier County.

Tale of the Tape

QB- Sevier County- while the Owls had a good qb who made some really nice throws, Watson is just lethal. He throws the ball just as good and has some wheels on him. You had better wrap up and make sure he is on the ground.

RB- Even- if you count the fullbacks, then it goes to the Owls but since the tailbacks will be doing most of the running it evens out. Both teams have short tough running backs that get the job done. I believe that the SC back is faster by an step or two but I wouldn't pick one over the other.

WR- Even- both teams have tall, fast receivers who go for the ball and do something with it after the catch. If my memory serves me right most of SC players go both way at the skill postions so it might allow for the Owls to make some plays agains guys with legs who may be a lil tired.

OL- Sevier County. Remember this is from what I've seen against the Toppers. These guys don't open up holes but running lanes. I remember alot of counters that put their runners into the secondary. Seems to me that the Owls running backs were bouncing outside and just not the case against Sevier County.

DB- Sevier County- yeah the Owls had four interceptions but three were right to the defenders. SC's db play close to the line for the running game but had the speed not to get deep. It will be interesting to see how the Owls secondary can defend against the play action with an strong armed qb.

LB- Ooltewah- Correct me if I'm wrong but SC dbs make most of the tackles. Oolteway linebackers seem to get to the ball very well. Don't provide alot of wiggle room and get people on the ground.

DL- Ooltewah- they stayed in the Science Hill backfield and was disruptive from the start. They are fast and able to get off blockers well. Can be argued that the errant passing of SHHS was because of their lineman.

Coaching- Even. Both teams are well coached and disciplined. I think that the Bears playbook might be a lil deeper but maybe Ooltewah didn't need to show everything.

I know it's cliche but the team that is able to win the turnover battle will win this game. I believe that both teams posses alot of confidence and overcome adversity. When Seveir County has lost this year it's turnovers can be traced. With that being said and on the condition that everyone is healthy on both teams if Sevier County can keep their to's under three they win by 4. If Ooltewah causes 3 or more turnovers they win 6.

I believe that neither team will be able to stop the other and that it will be an close high scoring game. 56 points combined. If it was at Sevier I would be there. Good luck to both teams.

OK NOT Impressed sorry.

I was really worried. The fanatastic quarterback was NOT fantastic. Forced turnovers by Sevier County? We knocked their brains out. We pretty much ran up and down the field at will. And the step faster thing??OMG. :rolleyes: They did pass the ball some but the few good passes they did throw were not for long runs after the catch. The closing speed of the Owls on their receivers was wild. The guy next to me said did you see how they run down those boys. I think those were touch downs for them during the season. I do not want to hear one more word about region 2 5a being weak. WB and Farragut were better than them by far. You know it is weird how everyone crows about their own team. You never know what to expect. Then you go watch and think WHAT?? That is why you play the game. Without those million penalties on Ooltewah it could have gotten much uglier. Good luck next week boys :(

Edited by lovehsfootball

Let's watch the name calling, I didn't seen Coach Greene play a single down this week or any other this year. He is a good coach. He is ten times better than what we had. The defense allowed 14 points tonight, both drives were kept alive by numerous penalties. All in all the "D" played a good game tonight. You have been an Owl supporter all year, I would suggest you support all The Owls. This is a TEAM, players, coaches, etc. We don't need the negative crap you are starting. :rolleyes:

I've been supporting the Owls for 3 Years Gatewood Owls,Monroes Owls last year and the real Monroe Owl's this year. Greene is the secondary Coach and that is his mission. If you wanna defend his pass defence? You must be him on here in disguise cause he doesn't have a clue how to defend the pass even in highschool. Ooltewah's Freshman team could throw for 350 against him.

Piece of pie BBbest? :thumb:

Sevier is tough. Ooltewah could find themselves on the sidelines if they don't come ready to play. I doubt that will be the case, though. this should be a war between to very good football teams.

Ooltewah will not blow out SC. No way. I'll eat humble pie if they do, but I just think Sevier is too good for that. This game is almost too close to call.

Wildman, come on over to the Owls side. What have we go to do to convince you :thumb:

I was dismal 10-6 last week

SC 21

OHS 17

I guess we will see, I am not real confident with this pick. I have seen the owls but not the bears. SC has a passing game and that seems to be an OHS weakness.

Homefield advantage but neutral refs. should be a very good game.

I've been supporting the Owls for 3 Years Gatewood Owls,Monroes Owls last year and the real Monroe Owl's this year. Greene is the secondary Coach and that is his mission. If you wanna defend his pass defence? You must be him on here in disguise cause he doesn't have a clue how to defend the pass even in highschool. Ooltewah's Freshman team could throw for 350 against him.

He, not I, is the Defensive Coordinator. I am just a fan like yourself. I too think the secondary is the weak link, but personel and sceam has something to do with it also. I like their chances next week. They will keep working hard on getting better, without Lansden for now. Go Owls! :thumb:

YOu crack me up! Were you there? I know you must have a cousin from Sevierville. :thumb: 31 PM' post='826244282']

Your right Loves was pretty much more dominant perfomance than the kids will get credit for based on the WIDE OPEN CATCHES SC had any time they wanted ONLY reason OWLS won was SC QB Over threw WIDE OPEN RECIEVERS all night long..