Sevier Co. @ Ooltewah

thorough97

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Owls don't have the history of bringing home the Gold in any sport except Girls Softball. They chocked last year in Baseball and the CHOKE will be on in football.

Well, I am not a former Ooltewah player or coach, but I just don't agree with all this history stuff that keeps coming up on these posts. Sounds to me like sour grapes from someone who just doesn't like a program or maybe has not had recent success themselves. Give the kids credit for what they do this year. The makeup of this team is far different from last year's team. That won't win it either.

The truth is the play will speak for itself on the field; last year's teams and this year's teams have nothing to with each other. A history of football championships will not win a single game this year, and certainly won't help a team in the playoffs. All it is--bragging on the past and no relationship to the present.

I have followed 2-5A football the last several years, and it appears to me that Ooltewah has been one of the better teams in the region. Sorry you feel like you have to make personal attacks instead of just talking about the competitiveness of the game.

Let the kids play the games. Good luck to Sevier and Ooltewah.

How sweet you are rigger..jumping on the Smokey Bear band wagon. If I was an Admiral fan like you I'd be cheering for the Bears too. It's ok we understand. Did we choke when we played Farragut earlier this year...um no that would be Farragut that did :thumb:

The Owls don't have the history of bringing home the Gold in any sport except Girls Softball. They chocked last year in Baseball and the CHOKE will be on in football.

i think you are right sevier county defensive backs are vulnerable to the deep ball.... watson covers well and feezle makes for a pretty good safety... if you get one on one on the outside watch out cause the owls from the sounds of it will light you up.... with the nickle defense you are gonna have a stronger zone more than likely so regardless of strength on the outside for sevier county corners i think they should be able to hold this offense to minimal yardage through the air....

but we will have to wait and see.... man i'm torn i still don't know who i like in this...

GO BEARS

James Feezle was moved back to corner a couple of games ago and the finally healthy Shawn Hodge went back to FS. Pippin (who was the weakspot at CB) went to the sidelines on "D". This is a much better situation having Pippin come in when/if a CB needs a break. Also has made Pippin a much bigger threat at WR the last 2 games since James gets a lot of attention after some of the plays he has made the last 2 years.

Ooltewah will score on Sevier but the question is can Ooltewah stop #12? The key to this game is turnovers. Ooltewah will hit #12 constantly so I hope he is a tough one. He sounds like a stud and from one of the games that I saw on TV he is as good as advertised... Did he start last year?

Started the year at WR (and would play some QB as well) but had to start most of the year at QB when the previous starter broke his hand. He was the QB that took the Bears down the length of the field in the final minutes vs. WB in the first round playoff game and finally threw a 4th and goal TD pass to Feezle with about 10 seconds left.

Watson is a good example of a good athlete who runs very well and throws the ball well enough to be a dangerous QB. The only SCHS QB that he compares at all to (other than his brother) is Shane Kelly who played at Carson-Newman. Shane could throw the ball much better but their running abilities are similar. Watson will probably play some small college ball at WR or CB and maybe do some punt returning. It will be interesting to see if Monroe will punt the ball to him or do as most teams have -- kick it away from him. The biggest differences between Shane in '99 and Corey in '06 is that the '99 Bears had a backup QB (Raga) that had about 1,000 yards passing that year as well. The '06 Bears use shotgun (many times to run the ball) which wasn't even in the playbook in '99.

The playoffs are all about matchups... in the Bears 2 deep runs in the playoffs in '97 & '99 the matchups were very favorable except for Eric Locke at Riverdale. In the other two years they have advanced past the 1st round '00 & '05 they faced 2 pretty talented OR teams and got beat... closely in '00 and in a blowout in '05.

I know the coaches would like to make up for the embarassing trip in '01. At least they will have a healthy team this time unlike the MASH unit that they had back then.

Ooletewah may not have a gold ball, but their Head coach has several.

Brewer has a "Gold Ball" from '99 and they were in the Semis in '97. SCHS has nearly the same coaching staff from those seasons HC, OC, DC and 1 other assistant. Monroe won titles with those very talented Cleveland teams in the early to mid nineties before Maryville took over 4-A in Tennessee. Since the emergence of Maryville as a state power in '97 Cleveland has been off the radar screen for the most part and Monroe was there for some of that time.

Started the year at WR (and would play some QB as well) but had to start most of the year at QB when the previous starter broke his hand. He was the QB that took the Bears down the length of the field in the final minutes vs. WB in the first round playoff game and finally threw a 4th and goal TD pass to Feezle with about 10 seconds left.

Watson is a good example of a good athlete who runs very well and throws the ball well enough to be a dangerous QB. The only SCHS QB that he compares at all to (other than his brother) is Shane Kelly who played at Carson-Newman. Shane could throw the ball much better but their running abilities are similar. Watson will probably play some small college ball at WR or CB and maybe do some punt returning. It will be interesting to see if Monroe will punt the ball to him or do as most teams have -- kick it away from him. The biggest differences between Shane in '99 and Corey in '06 is that the '99 Bears had a backup QB (Raga) that had about 1,000 yards passing that year as well. The '06 Bears use shotgun (many times to run the ball) which wasn't even in the playbook in '99.

The playoffs are all about matchups... in the Bears 2 deep runs in the playoffs in '97 & '99 the matchups were very favorable except for Eric Locke at Riverdale. In the other two years they have advanced past the 1st round '00 & '05 they faced 2 pretty talented OR teams and got beat... closely in '00 and in a blowout in '05.

I know the coaches would like to make up for the embarassing trip in '01. At least they will have a healthy team this time unlike the MASH unit that they had back then.

Watson looks like he could be a Carson-Newman quarterback. There are 2 freshman there that are good but with the running skills that he has he might be able to come to Carson-Newman and create havoc at QB. Anyways, I know this will be a great game. Ooltewah has a great defense and an explosive offense as also does Sevier County. Whoever wins this game won't win by more than 1td.

Edited by ImaOWL

Steve Brewer is an excellent offensive coach, the Owls can expect anything and everything, the key is can the Owls drive the ball and keep possession and score, the more the SC offense is on the field the better their chances. Could be one of the best games of Week 2, but I got to go with the Owls in a close one...